ADVERTISEMENT

Pet peeves

People that end every other sentence with right. That is irritating, right? People should get punched in the stomach when they do this, right?

I was watching tik tok and came across a HS basketball highlight where the ref called a travel, but reading the comments made my brain hurt. It's a pet peeve of mine to know the rules before arguing a call. So...

There is NO gather in HS/college basketball. There IS a gather in the NBA. Quit yelling about a travel or a gather if you don't know the rule.

There is no "over the back" in any basketball rule book. It's either illegal contact or a reach.

The on-ramp is to be used to get to highway speed prior to merging. USE IT.

The left lane is for passing, don't f-ing sit there not passing people, even if there's barely any traffic.

Any others?
All first world problems.

I almost hit a someone because of a back-in parker today.

Her orientation in the parking lot looked like she was trying to drive around me but as I pulled around the corner I thought I was in her way because she was blocking my side of the pathway around the curve and between the parking spaces. I'm like, "WTF is she doing?" So, I start to back up so she can get around me and I almost hit someone who crept up behind me! Only when she started creeping back into the parking space did it dawn on me what was going on.
This. When you back in, the first move you make looks like an intentional forward entrance into the space across from where you're backing into. The 'reasonable person' interprets this move one way while the person backing in gets pissed that the normal person can't immediately extrapolate what the **** is going.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT