ADVERTISEMENT

Pet peeves

SSG T

HR Legend
Jul 10, 2002
I was watching tik tok and came across a HS basketball highlight where the ref called a travel, but reading the comments made my brain hurt. It's a pet peeve of mine to know the rules before arguing a call. So...

There is NO gather in HS/college basketball. There IS a gather in the NBA. Quit yelling about a travel or a gather if you don't know the rule.

There is no "over the back" in any basketball rule book. It's either illegal contact or a reach.

The on-ramp is to be used to get to highway speed prior to merging. USE IT.

The left lane is for passing, don't f-ing sit there not passing people, even if there's barely any traffic.

Any others?

People bitching about pet peeves!!! ;)

who-me.gif

I can back in faster than I can back out. Anybody who can’t isn’t a very good driver.
Some ppl take forever to back in. And some ppl are good at it. Somebody really good at it takes about the same amount of time as backing out. But if it takes you more time to back out than in… you’re doing something wrong.

Some ppl take forever to back in. And some ppl are good at it. Somebody really good at it takes about the same amount of time as backing out. But if it takes you more time to back out than in… you’re doing something wrong.
Backing out you have to watch for cars from both directions…you have to watch for pedestrians walking down the line of cars…you can’t even see past a lot of cars parked in the space next to you until you’re halfway out. Backing in, I can see everything. To address your point, anyone who can’t back in faster than backing out is either a not-so-good driver or they’re a danger to others because they aren’t paying attention.

I was watching tik tok and came across a HS basketball highlight where the ref called a travel, but reading the comments made my brain hurt. It's a pet peeve of mine to know the rules before arguing a call. So...

There is NO gather in HS/college basketball. There IS a gather in the NBA. Quit yelling about a travel or a gather if you don't know the rule.

There is no "over the back" in any basketball rule book. It's either illegal contact or a reach.

The on-ramp is to be used to get to highway speed prior to merging. USE IT.

The left lane is for passing, don't f-ing sit there not passing people, even if there's barely any traffic.

Any others?
People who ride my ass in the left lane when there is heavy traffic and nowhere to go if I moved over to let them pass me.

People who claim zipper merges are efficient in construction zones when in actuality they are rationalizing their assholiness.

People who smack food or gum.

People who drive way too fast on residential streets.

Backing out you have to watch for cars from both directions…you have to watch for pedestrians walking down the line of cars…you can’t even see past a lot of cars parked in the space next to you until you’re halfway out. Backing in, I can see everything. To address your point, anyone who can’t back in faster than backing out is either a not-so-good driver or they’re a danger to others because they aren’t paying attention.
I have found that with a rearview camera, you can actually see traffic better in a parking lot backing out than if pulling out forward.

Golf playing partners who frequently hit a 2nd ball, but never have an extra ball in their pocket

Are we talking about OP's mom or parking cars? I'm confused.

Reactions: tarheelbybirth
People that wear their sunglasses on top of their head inside.
Assuming they are at a store and there car was not close by to leave them in, should they leave them on? Put them in a pocket? Hang them from a shirt collar?

Assuming they are at a store and there car was not close by to leave them in, should they leave them on? Put them in a pocket? Hang them from a shirt collar?
I guess I don't understand why they can't leave them in their vehicle and put up with a little sun in their eyes for the 30 seconds it takes to walk into the store.

I think it's a police thing. When I see cops with sunglasses on their heads and it's been dark for hours it screams douchebag.

Reactions: HawkeyeShawn
I guess I don't understand why they can't leave them in their vehicle and put up with a little sun in their eyes for the 30 seconds it takes to walk into the store.

I think it's a police thing. When I see cops with sunglasses on their heads and it's been dark for hours it screams douchebag.
Fair.

I can back in faster than I can back out. Anybody who can’t isn’t a very good driver.

I almost hit a someone because of a back-in parker today.

Her orientation in the parking lot looked like she was trying to drive around me but as I pulled around the corner I thought I was in her way because she was blocking my side of the pathway around the curve and between the parking spaces. I'm like, "WTF is she doing?" So, I start to back up so she can get around me and I almost hit someone who crept up behind me! Only when she started creeping back into the parking space did it dawn on me what was going on.

I almost hit a someone because of a back-in parker today.

Her orientation in the parking lot looked like she was trying to drive around me but as I pulled around the corner I thought I was in her way because she was blocking my side of the pathway around the curve and between the parking spaces. I'm like, "WTF is she doing?" So, I start to back up so she can get around me and I almost hit someone who crept up behind me! Only when she started creeping back into the parking space did it dawn on me what was going on.
So…if she had been backing out…you would’ve almost hit someone who crept up behind you? 😏

A pet peeve that immediately come s to mind because it just happened. The wife always leaves her key fob and very often, her purse in her car, unlocked, overnight.

I discovered a new one today. I was going to a coffee place for energy drinks. I saw one car in line so I opted for drive thru instead of going in. I get behind that car and easily 3 minutes go by. Then I see the drive hand the menu to the girl working. By this point 2 more cars are in line. Again, this car was already in line when I got there so this one car took at minimum 7 minutes to get their order.

If you're going to use the drive thru...have some sort of idea what the hell you're going to order when you get to the window or walk your ass inside.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT