ADVERTISEMENT

Peter Jok

If we're looking for the guy to compare Jok with, to me, here he is:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Morrow

Nobody plays worse defense in the NBA than Morrow. Yet he's stuck around into his thirties because somebody has to defend him out to 25 feet.

In fact, if it weren't for the aforementioned worn out wheels and tread on the tires, I'd say Jok could take this guys job from day one and be an upgrade. My only point, because I could give a darn as a Hawkeye fan, Jok was a great Hawkeye, whether he proves anything in the pros or not. But my point, is that starting with his first injury in high school and through the asthma, brittle ankles, sore shoulders, and whatever else we don't know about, there is no reason in my mind to believe that Peter's deficiencies weren't more from faulty equipment (his body) than for lack of desire.

Does anyone really think a guy would work so hard in some areas and let others slide? He loves basketball. I wish him all the best but again, I don't think the NBA General Managers will see a three year or more investment on a used car, when they love to project the future of the newer models.

Well there were clearly instances where he avoided attempting to stop an offensive player going to the basket or made litteraly no attempt to get back on D after missing a 3 despite that being his clear responsibility being the furthest player from the basket.

His defensive intensity seemed very closely linked to his offensive production, which is not uncommon.

A spade is a spade.

His lack of latteral quickness hurt his D also and thats not something he could really change.

It would have been interesting to see how much more athletic jok would have been without the knee issues.

And if you get drafted is the team required to offer a 2-way contract at a minimum? Or can they draft you and send you straight to d-league?

They can, but the two way contracts will be an option, and they can offer 17 contracts now including the two-way contracts. Due to this, IMO teams may be more likely to draft guys they like, give them the two way contracts, and stash them. Now we'll see how it plays out but I think it's more likely they draft guys and stash them with a new system.

Of Harden or Curry, which of these two is the better defender? LOL
If you have to ask that question you are not watching NBA basketball. Curry is an adequate defender. Harden refuses to play defense 95% of the time.

Jok at the Combine in 5 on 5 went 0-6 and 0-3 from 3. He had 2 TO and 1 steal with 4 fouls in 22 minute of playing time. He looked over matched on the defensive end of the court. He was only invited as an alternate. Jok will not get drafted, which might be a good thing. Jok in the NBA is a huge long shot. Jok in Europe is a more realistic track. I saw that he measured out at 6'4" at the combine so he certainly is not a Kyle Korver.

Jok at the Combine in 5 on 5 went 0-6 and 0-3 from 3. He had 2 TO and 1 steal with 4 fouls in 22 minute of playing time. He looked over matched on the defensive end of the court. He was only invited as an alternate. Jok will not get drafted, which might be a good thing. Jok in the NBA is a huge long shot. Jok in Europe is a more realistic track. I saw that he measured out at 6'4" at the combine so he certainly is not a Kyle Korver.
I've been searching all over for box scores for the combine 5 on 5 games but can't find them. Could you post please.

I watched parts of both games and Jok looked like the worst version of himself. He appeared sluggish, made poor decisions, did not shoot well and several guys drove right past him to the hoop.

Reactions: hagarwood
I watched parts of both games and Jok looked like the worst version of himself. He appeared sluggish, made poor decisions, did not shoot well and several guys drove right past him to the hoop.
His body fat was registered as 11%, which was more than Georges Niang registered at the Combine last year. It appeared that PJ put in very little work in preparation for the Combine.

I was just in Vegas for the 17th Annual Mopars and Muscle Cars at the Strip.

His body fat was registered as 11%, which was more than Georges Niang registered at the Combine last year. It appeared that PJ put in very little work in preparation for the Combine.

Wow

He can likely still play overseas for a good long while (if he wants to) but you have to be able to guard someone to get in the NBA. Didn't appear to have great preparation to the combine. Takes nothing away from his college career.

Reactions: K OKeefe
Wow indeed! Never thought Pete was ripped, but he looked pretty well put together the last couple of years. Thats a pretty high percentage for a 6'6" guy who weighed about 205lbs. Almost doesn't seem right.
Problem is, Pete is only 6'4

Problem is, Pete is only 6'4
Well I'm sorry, I never measured the guy myself. Jees.... they listed him at 6'5" or 6'6" on the Iowa roster. So is the problem that he's only 6'4" or that his body fat is 11%??? Anything else?

I've been checking to see if he was invited to Combine next month, and I don't see him listed at Draft Express, and ESPN only has a partial list. Has anyone heard anything about him? Thanks.

Where did the last 6 years go?

The Skyforce are an NBA G League affiliate of the Miami Heat.

Jok has spent the last three seasons overseas.

That dude could really light it up. Fran really had some scorers between Marble, White, Jok and Uthoff, though I know those guys weren't all at their peaks at the same time.

A stronger supporting cast would have also elevated their games. Jok one season was depended on to score pretty much all of our points and carried the team on his back.

That dude could really light it up. Fran really had some scorers between Marble, White, Jok and Uthoff, though I know those guys weren't all at their peaks at the same time.

9 of the top 25 all time scorers at Iowa came during the Fran era.

1 Luka Garza...2,306 (4 yrs: 2018-2021, 127 GP, .546 FG%, 18.2 ppg; 120 three pt goals)

3 Jordan Bohannon...2,033 (5+ yrs: 2017-2019, 10 games in 2020 + 2021 & 2022; 179 GP, .389 FG%, 11.4 ppg; 455 three pt goals)

4 Aaron White...1,859 (4 yrs: 2012-2015, 140 GP, .517 FG%, 13.3 ppg; 61 three pt goals)

8 Roy Devyn Marble...1,694 (4 yrs: 2011-2014; 136 GP, .415 FG%, 12.5 ppg; 134 three pt goals)

10 Matt Gatens...1,635 (4 yrs: 2009-2012; 128 GP, .415 FG%, 12.8 ppg; 239 three pt goals)

17 Peter Jok...1,508 (4 yrs: 2014-2017, 125 GP, .413 FG%, 12.1 ppg, 216 three pt goals)

22 Tyler Cook...1,315 (3 yrs: 2017-2019, 93 GP, .542 FG%, 14.1 ppg; 3 three pt goals)

23 Jarrod Uthoff...1,298 (3 yrs: 2014-2016, 100 GP, .450 FG%, 13.0 ppg; 137 three pt goals)

24 Joe Wieskamp...1,283 (3 yrs: 2019-2021, 97 GP, .467 FG%, 13.2 ppg; 184 three pt goals)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT