ADVERTISEMENT

Petras has a big arm and his HS coach says he has touch.

So is he pumping the Church bell or is Hogan? We going to just ignore it when it’s shoved down r throats by Hogan if/when he ever gets the starting roll?

If Hogan wants to make that his mission and message to preach to everyone his faith, he will have a platform and we will have no choice but to hear it like Dabo’s BS. Why are we not aloud to echo his words (I won’t be)

it’s not my cup of tea but it’s happening and not something we will be able to ignore if he gets the gig. I’d personally not like to hear it just like I’m sure he wouldn’t like to hear what I believe in.
Hogan saw what happened to Tebow. He will temper his comments. Might say something about the lord here and there, but I expect a few years at Iowa away from the deep south orientation of religion will change the amount of proselytizing he does.

Petras= A more confident, accurate & slightly more mobile version of Stanley.
BUT...
Does he have the toughness & leadership qualities that Stanley had?
P.S.= Hogan is a vocal Christian fundamentalist version Beathard.

He's a what? What does that have to do with the GRIDIRON??
Good for Hogan.
CJ Beathard & Nate Stanley have been outstanding QBs and representatives of theeeee Univ of Iowa.
:rolleyes:

Reactions: Speedway1
Not in any way saying his this good, but all of those very same intangibles are what set one Joe Burrow apart from his peers this season. Yes they had loads of talent elsewhere on the team, but Burrow's performance had as much with his confidence, leadership, and swag as anything else. Petras is said to have some of these same qualities.
So he's Ricky Stanley, I like it...

Can't we all just get along. :)
tumblr_inline_mkqe5kXjRe1qz4rgp.gif

Hogan saw what happened to Tebow. He will temper his comments. Might say something about the lord here and there, but I expect a few years at Iowa away from the deep south orientation of religion will change the amount of proselytizing he does.
Doubt it. And if he doesn’t fine by me. Doesn’t mean I have to believe the same as him. What happened to Tebow was he couldn’t throw nothing to do w the Bible thumping.

The whole point of it was if somebody who is a player is going to be doing it we as fans are going to have to hear it. I don’t see how it becomes out of bounds at that point. Me personally not for me. The majority of people it is for them so be it.

So is he pumping the Church bell or is Hogan? We going to just ignore it when it’s shoved down r throats by Hogan if/when he ever gets the starting roll?

If Hogan wants to make that his mission and message to preach to everyone his faith, he will have a platform and we will have no choice but to hear it like Dabo’s BS. Why are we not aloud to echo his words (I won’t be)

it’s not my cup of tea but it’s happening and not something we will be able to ignore if he gets the gig. I’d personally not like to hear it just like I’m sure he wouldn’t like to hear what I believe in.

Much like you are doing here?

Doubt it. And if he doesn’t fine by me. Doesn’t mean I have to believe the same as him. What happened to Tebow was he couldn’t throw nothing to do w the Bible thumping.

The whole point of it was if somebody who is a player is going to be doing it we as fans are going to have to hear it. I don’t see how it becomes out of bounds at that point. Me personally not for me. The majority of people it is for them so be it.

When in Rome..

This is for the idiots on this board:

The first amendment to the constitution.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

U right wing nuts need to calm down. I simply stated he is a vocal Christian fundamentalist who seems to have Beathard level talent. What’s untrue or insulting about that statement. Fox News must have u on edge just waiting to pounce. U guys have a stressful enough job defending Trump so relax and regroup for the next idiotic move he makes it won’t be long. Does it make u cowards feel tough to anonymously talk shit to someone u don’t know? Not only do u fools worship Trump u act like him and have probably never thrown a punch in your life.

Last edited:
U right wing nuts need to calm down. I simply stated he is a vocal Christian fundamentalist who seems to have Beathard level talent. What’s untrue or insulting about that statement. Fox News must have u on edge just waiting to pounce. U guys have a stressful enough job defending Trump so relax and regroup for the next idiotic move he makes it won’t be long. Does it make u cowards feel tough to anonymously talk shit to someone u don’t know? Not only do u fools worship Trump u act like him and have probably never thrown a punch in your life.

"Seems to have Beathard-like talent"
Based upon what, exactly? He hasn't taken a snap at the college level. And I would take another Beathard any day. I will be thrilled if he becomes the player CJ was and I still don't give a damn about his religious beliefs ot political opinions.
Don't you have an interstate to try to block?

Get your left-wing political nonsense off this forum please. Nobody gives one s*** about what you think about anything.

Take your bullshit to the OT board.

If you are THAT concerned and bothered, by what a teenager's religious beliefs are, who happens to play a game for your favorite team, then you need to get a new hobby.

Back to the original topic...I’m pumped to see how this next season shakes out. I don’t remember the last time I was this excited about the overlapping QB and WR/TE talent. A lot of questions will be answered in the not too distant future and I think there may be some healthy battles starting soon, which can only be a good thing for these young men. Go hawks!

This is for the idiots on this board:

The first amendment to the constitution.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

grievances? Airing of grievances? I got a lotta problems with you people......oops probably can't say 'you people' never mind

If you are THAT concerned and bothered, by what a teenager's religious beliefs are, who happens to play a game for your favorite team, then you need to get a new hobby.

I know right? It always make me chuckle when the zealots from the United Church of Unbelievers get their panties all twisted up from hearing the expressions of a devout person. The angst and resentment reach some truly remarkable levels with some of them. I hope they find peace some day.

I know right? It always make me chuckle when the zealots from the United Church of Unbelievers get their panties all twisted up from hearing the expressions of a devout person. The angst and resentment reach some truly remarkable levels with some of them. I hope they find peace some day.
Plenty of peace w me. You in the uproar about me and not believing what you choose. Serious question: Do you believe in Big Foot? Or is there not enough evidence?

Flip that thought and there’s where I stand on what you whole heartedly believe and state as fact.

Doesn't that get you in an uproar that both present the same amount of facts about being true?

I think Hogan has all the potential but I’m also very excited about Petras ability. This QB room is as stacked as it’s ever been.

Reactions: BBHawk
I'm looking forward to next season if Petras is ready to take the reigns of the team. I can't wait to here about all the critiques from his spring practice performance. Last spring he looked pretty fluid last spring and threw the ball well.

I'm looking forward to next season if Petras is ready to take the reigns of the team. I can't wait to here about all the critiques from his spring practice performance. Last spring he looked pretty fluid last spring and threw the ball well.
Always hard to get a good sense of anything with regards to the offense from our spring practices, at least for me, but I remember thinking there was a ton of potential there.

It's really amazing how injury free for the most part the QB position has been....knock on wood. CJB played through some pain and Stanley who played with a sore thumb for a while was indestructible.

It's really amazing how injury free for the most part the QB position has been....knock on wood. CJB played through some pain and Stanley who played with a sore thumb for a while was indestructible.

It has been remarkable indeed and has played a large part in the steady uptick of the program in the past few years. Hard to be successful when you are rotating new guys in at QB regularly.

You don't "give a rip", but cared enough to devote a three paragraph post about them. Ok, BRUH.
Look, I’m not gonna lie I make the ladies get religious all the time. Guess that’s as close as I’ll get to the light n I’m good w it

We can talk about Bigfoot as well as pretty much the same evidence or you can make like a tree and leave it alone. Up to you bra

tenor.gif

Look, I’m not gonna lie I make the ladies get religious all the time. Guess that’s as close as I’ll get to the light n I’m good w it

We can talk about Bigfoot as well as pretty much the same evidence or you can make like a tree and leave it alone. Up to you bra
Keep moving those goal posts, BRA.

Petras= A more confident, accurate & slightly more mobile version of Stanley.
BUT...
Does he have the toughness & leadership qualities that Stanley had?
P.S.= Hogan is a vocal Christian fundamentalist version of Beathard.

When I see his leadership mentioned, I always have to scratch my head. We don't know for sure without being part of the team, but from afar, that appears to have been one of his weaknesses. Having respect and/or likeability are neither a synonym nor a substitute for leadership. I didn't see, at many key points, his ability to make key plays or to inspire teammates.
A couple of leadership scenarios:
1) "I have confidence that he is going to make key plays in this drive and I need to do the same for him and my other teammates.

2) "He has said I can do this and he expects me to. I don't want to let him and my teammates down.

The staff stated at the time they picked him as the starter, that they were hesitant because of his inability to assert and project himself. It's not a lack of desire. But a QB can't just internalize desire. That can become a double negative----the team gets no inspiration and the QB plays tight.

QB leadership is more important than arm strength. I am hopeful that we will soon see both.

Based on this thread, having a strong faith will give him something to fall back on after the mentality shown here finds a perceived shortcoming to attack.

He’s a believer in the Hawkeyes and IMO that’s what the team will be concerned about. I hope both quarterbacks come in and do their job. I’m confident that each will represent the Hawkeye’s off the field better then some who post here.

When I see his leadership mentioned, I always have to scratch my head. We don't know for sure without being part of the team, but from afar, that appears to have been one of his weaknesses. Having respect and/or likeability are neither a synonym nor a substitute for leadership. I didn't see, at many key points, his ability to make key plays or to inspire teammates.
A couple of leadership scenarios:
1) "I have confidence that he is going to make key plays in this drive and I need to do the same for him and my other teammates.

2) "He has said I can do this and he expects me to. I don't want to let him and my teammates down.

The staff stated at the time they picked him as the starter, that they were hesitant because of his inability to assert and project himself. It's not a lack of desire. But a QB can't just internalize desire. That can become a double negative----the team gets no inspiration and the QB plays tight.

QB leadership is more important than arm strength. I am hopeful that we will soon see both.

You’re such a tool.

Reactions: BBHawk and pkongsh

You have no room to be calling someone else an idiot.

Reactions: WCAC_Fan_10
Petras completed 199 of 313 pass attempts (63.8%) for 4,157 yards and 50 touchdowns with only two interceptions as a senior at Marin Catholic High School.

We are more stacked with offensive weapons than at any time in recent memory, particularly speed. If we continue to do what we've been doing well, and start to connect on more deep shots when the play is there.. we could be in for a really special run. It will only loosen things up for our running game. Add the expansion of creative ways to pass Goodson the ball in space, and damn.... well it'll be fun.
check this out & watch:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT