ADVERTISEMENT

Pew Pew Pew...Global Gunpowder Shortage. Ammo situation is changing.

stickman80

HR All-State
Feb 26, 2009
Mfgs citing a global gunpowder shortage mostly due to Ukraine and Gaza have announced a substantial price increase effective Jan 1, 24.

Retailers cannot even lock in orders with the old price....anything shipping after Jan 1 will be at new prices. Many retailers have already raised prices to pass along replacement cost and/or begun holding back ammo from the sale floor due to increased demand.

Between price increases, potential increase in excise tax, an election year coming, and Trumps disgusting popularity a very real ammo shortage will be here in 2024.

Glad this time I'm not only adequately stocked but might be doing some secondary market selling.

Last edited:
Mfgs siting a global gunpowder shortage mostly due to Ukraine and Gaza have announced a substantial price increase effective Jan 1, 24.

Retailers cannot even lock in orders with the old price....anything shipping after Jan 1 will be at new prices. Many retailers have already raised prices to pass along replacement cost and/or begun holding back ammo from the sale floor due to increased demand.

Between price increases, potential incease in excise tax, an election year coming, and Trumps disgusting popularity a very real ammo shortage will be here in 2024.

Glad this time I'm not only adequately stocked but might be doing some secondary market selling.
"Siting"?

Mfgs citing a global gunpowder shortage mostly due to Ukraine and Gaza have announced a substantial price increase effective Jan 1, 24.

Between price increases, potential incease in excise tax, an election year coming, and Trumps disgusting popularity a very real ammo shortage will be here in 2024.

What does Trumps disgusting popularity have to do with an ammo shortage?

You’re the type of person I’m merking first when the shit goes down.
c01ab382-6ec3-4601-b154-4f891c81e33c_text.gif

Last edited:
What does Trumps disgusting popularity have to do with an ammo shortage?
He's telling guys like you to stand back and stand by for the go code. You'll need plenty of ammo on hand to monitor polling places, and then round up journalists and run goon squads looking for illegals.

Weakest attempt. Dipshit.

He's telling guys like you to stand back and stand by for the go code. You'll need plenty of ammo on hand to monitor polling places, and then round up journalists and run goon squads looking for illegals.
I'm not a Trumpster in the least. If he died tomorrow of natural causes the world would be a better place....except his followers would insist foul play was involved.

Trump breeds fear and violence as proven not only by his comments but actions such as Jan 6.

Whether he wins or is beat everyone is expecting the same bs as before.....and this includes the anti Trumpers who will be purchasing more guns and ammo to be prepared in case they find themselves in the middle of a bad situation and need to defend themselves.

Becoming/remaining proficient with a firearm does require more rangetime than nonshooters realize.

Last edited:
Oh, NOES! IF I CANT GET AMMO TO ADD TO THE 10,000 rounds I ALREADY HAVE WHAT AM I GONNA DO!!!!!!

Deeeeeerp
I shoot for fun (including trap) and to train.

Here is what my annual current consumption is and it is drawfed by a number of people.

.22LR 5,000 rds
9mm 2,500+ rds
5.56mm/.223 1,200 rds
12 ga and 20 ga 1,200 rds comb.

Plus a smaller amount of .38 Special, .30-30, and .308.

To shooters, 10,000 isn't a lot of ammo if you suddenly can't get it.

Many retailers have already raised prices to pass along replacement cost and/or begun holding back ammo from the sale floor due to increased demand.

You really believe that retailers are forgoing selling product and holding it in the backroom?

You really believe that retailers are forgoing selling product and holding it in the backroom?
Yes... During ammo shortages they very commonly do it...especially if they sell firearms.

You are a lot more likely to be able to sell a gun if you have ammo you can also sell to the buyer. Even the big stores such as Bass Pro/Cabelas, Scheels, ect decide how much they want to put back per gun and do it.

Many smaller stores will also hold back ammo to serve their loyal customers instead of letting people who would otherwise not buy from them grab it.

During shortages it is common for retailers to set a date/time that they will have their excess ammo for sale loaded on carts to be pushed out and sold. They can then tell their loyal customers the time. I'm a good customer at one local shop that accumulated their ammo till Wed morn. Did their gun inventory and then at 2:00pm Wednesdays sold their excess ammo.

Yes... During ammo shortages they very commonly do it...especially if they sell firearms.

You are a lot more likely to be able to sell a gun if you have ammo you can also sell to the buyer. Even the big stores such as Bass Pro/Cabelas, Scheels, ect decide how much they want to put back per gun and do it.

Many smaller stores will also hold back ammo to serve their loyal customers instead of letting people who would otherwise not buy from them grab it.

During shortages it is common for retailers to set a date/time that they will have their excess ammo for sale loaded on carts to be pushed out and sold. They can then tell their loyal customers the time. I'm a good customer at one local shop that accumulated their ammo till Wed morn. Did their gun inventory and then at 2:00pm Wednesdays sold their excess ammo.
That's pretty interesting. Do you attend gun shows often?

That's pretty interesting. Do you attend gun shows often?
No. Unless there is something specific I'm needing but cannot find it in a store.

Regardless whether there is a shortage or not gun shows tend to be more expensive.

It has also become easier to find that hard stuff on the internet.

New prices are here and some places like Bass Pro have empty space for popular practice ammo.

BUT.......Fleet Farm has a special for 9mm 115 FMJ Blazer Brass...no limit.

Waukee store well stocked if you need them.

Every two years seemingly without fail there is some new bullshit reason for an ammunition shortage.

Reactions: stickman80
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT