ADVERTISEMENT

PFF 2024 Mock Draft has Cooper DeJean going #16 overall

ichawk24

HR Legend
Nov 21, 2005

16. DENVER BRONCOS: CB COOPER DEJEAN, IOWA HAWKEYES

After taking Riley Moss in the third round of this year’s draft, the Broncos select another Iowa defensive back here. DeJean is the most versatile corner in college football. He can excel both in coverage and as a run-defender either on the outside or as a slot corner. DeJean was the only corner in the country with 85-plus grades both in coverage and in run defense. His five interceptions tied for fourth among Power Five corners while his 15 run-defense stops tied for the most among all FBS ones.

Dang. Was hoping we could keep him for 2 more years.
He's firmly on the list of guys I could see go either way. His stats - at least in terms of pass breakups and INTs are likely to decline next season due to him being the most recognizable face in the secondary, and with what he did last year. so draftniks who look at stats only will think he had a bad year, but analytics people will look beyond that.

And aside from that, who knows? He'll only be a true JR. Alot will also depend on what the DB position looks like in the draft next season as well.

And YET we seem to keep coming up with them. CDJ was not a national house hold name as a recruit, while Xman was. WE landed them both. Moss was not a big recruit, and certainly neither Jack Campbell or LVN were huge recruits. We find a way.....
i don’t necessarily disagree but cdj is imo a cut above even all those great players you listed. on top of that this will likely be the only time both x and cdj are on the field all season long.

Kid seems soft, I only watched him during the Nebraska game though, so small sample size. I’d say if he makes it to the second quarter on Black Friday 2023 maybe he can cut it in the NFL.
Meanwhile, Nebraska has beaten Iowa once in the last …what 8 years? It took having one of our best defenders hurt, Arland Bruce shitting his pants, and the great offensive depression of Hurricane Brian…for your ghey ass 1990s Zubaz pants, Starter jacket wearing, meat packing plant smelling, shit stained fan base to be able to talk shit.

Meanwhile, Nebraska has beaten Iowa once in the last …what 8 years? It took having one of our best defenders hurt, Arland Bruce shitting his pants, and the great offensive depression of Hurricane Brian…for your ghey ass 1990s Zubaz pants, Starter jacket wearing, meat packing plant smelling, shit stained fan base to be able to talk shit.
Anything 1990s beats the last great iowa teams by 30 years. Respect is earned, win anything of significance and I’ll consider respecting your nice little program. Big bro has spoken, deal with it.

Anything 1990s beats the last great iowa teams by 30 years. Respect is earned, win anything of significance and I’ll consider respecting your nice little program. Big bro has spoken, deal with it.
Bitch, I went to UNL, lived with players, …28 years ago, you guys haven’t done shit in 22 years. Eric crouch is a bottom btw

• Haha
Reactions: SheepHumpingHawkeye
Bitch, I went to UNL, lived with players, …28 years ago, you guys haven’t done shit in 22 years. Eric crouch is a bottom btw
Season 2 Wtf GIF by Parks and Recreation

Why would anyone respond to that obvious troll?

Hard to imagine 15 players more coveted by the nfl. He can switch from playing linebacker to outside corner seemlessly.

Kid seems soft, I only watched him during the Nebraska game though, so small sample size. I’d say if he makes it to the second quarter on Black Friday 2023 maybe he can cut it in the NFL.
Yeah illegal helmet hits will make a guy unable to play. Sort of uncanny how Nebraska continues to make helmet-to-helmet hits, whether called or not.

You must be very proud. Which, of course, explains you being such a douche bag.

Oh, and BTW, when the sheep is porking YOU, it makes you the hump-ee. Dumbass.

• Haha
Reactions: SheepHumpingHawkeye
i don’t necessarily disagree but cdj is imo a cut above even all those great players you listed. on top of that this will likely be the only time both x and cdj are on the field all season long.

Lol. Love Cooper's play. He is not a cut above Campbell.
While I mostly agree that it is most prudent to tape the brakes as it relates to drinking the DeJean-inspired kool-aide ... I'd say that it is probably more accurate to say that DeJean and Campbell are guys who are cut from the same cloth.

Iowa coaches had been bragging about Campbell in the background for some while ... remarking about the absurd things he could do. Of course, the big thing about Jack was that he has pretty impressive size for the position ... all without any loss in relative athleticism. On top of that Jack embraced everything that Kirk stands for ... having a chip on his shoulder, being all about team, being tough, being smart, being completely growth-oriented etc.

A thing that stands out about Cooper is the extreme versatility that he offers. He can essentially play 5 different positions on the back-end ... execute them at a high level ... AND, on top of all that, still be a key cog on special teams (both in returns and coverage). Not unlike Jack ... Cooper has good size for the position ... to go along with excellent speed ... and very high-end athleticism. The crazy thing is that for as high of a football IQ as Jack might have ... Cooper is AT LEAST on that level. That's all the more impressive since Cooper is not a MLB or FS ... he's not a guy who gets the secondary set up ... but he understands things so well that he executes it at a very high level (and he arguably could play at FS if the need arose).

Anyhow, as much as I'd love to see Cooper remain on campus for 4 years ... I think that '23 is his last season for the Hawks. On top of being such a high end contributor in the secondary ... his value added on special teams kicks up his overall NFL valuation even more.

If he does get drafted 1st round next year that would make 6 recruiting classes in a row with a 1st round pick.
2016: Hockenson, Fant
2017: Wirfs
2018: Linderbaum
2019: Campbell
2020: Van Ness
2021: DeJean
I see Joe Alt is projected to go in top 10. I believe he was an Iowa lean until Doyle departed.

You must be proud of the garbage program Nebraska has become. Lol! I can’t even remember back to the 90’s!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT