ADVERTISEMENT

PFF Combine Winners and Losers highlights Jack Campbell

ichawk24

HR Legend
Nov 21, 2005

WINNER: JACK CAMPBELL

As the highest-graded Power Five linebacker this past season (91.7), Campbell was seen as a high-floor player with a relatively low ceiling due to a perceived lack of athleticism.

The Iowa linebacker put all of those athleticism questions to bed with a stellar combine. The Butkus Award winner has elite size for the position at 6-foot-5, 249 pounds. He also tested above the 82nd percentile for his position in the 10-yard split, vertical jump, broad jump, three-cone and short shuttle. In particular, his three-cone (6.74 seconds) and broad jump (10-foot-8) were above the 97th percentile for linebackers.

With both fantastic tape and elite athleticism, Campbell has a strong case to be the top linebacker in the 2023 NFL Draft.

I just don’t get those thinking he has a perceived lack of athleticism. The dude is all over the field, sideline to sideline. He might not be the greatest in pass coverage but he is better than most other linebackers in pass coverage.

I just don’t get those thinking he has a perceived lack of athleticism. The dude is all over the field, sideline to sideline. He might not be the greatest in pass coverage but he is better than most other linebackers in pass coverage.
Didn't I see somewhere that he was the top rated linebacker in coverage last year? PFF? Or I may be misremembering.

I read something pre-combine that expressed that about Van ness which is remarkable because it was supposedly his thing!!!

Reactions: Bishop1971
You'd look good (remaining) in black and gold

Screenshot_2015-09-02_15.16.10.0.0.png

Wherever he goes he will be a steal. He’s the kind of player who elevates the play of everyone else on the team. I know the NFL doesn’t value MLBs, but if I had a bad defense and a 2nd round pick I’d take him in a heartbeat. Instant starter and team defense upgrade.

In fact he's fantastic in coverage in the middle zone. He was the highest graded LB in college football in pass coverage I believe, especially for a Mike LB. With his size he's very hard to throw that intermediate drop pass over his head in the middle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT