ADVERTISEMENT

Phil Steele has Iowa #11

Gee, I thought since the B10 West was no more that Iowa was destined to 6-6 at best...
Yeah. Schedules change from year to year. This year Iowa plays OSU, but avoids Michigan, PSU, Oregon and USC which are projected to be 4 of the top 5 teams in the league. It will be interesting to see if Washington can remain at or near the top after basically starting over from scratch with new players and staff.

Yeah. Schedules change from year to year. This year Iowa plays OSU, but avoids Michigan, PSU, Oregon and USC which are projected to be 4 of the top 5 teams in the league. It will be interesting to see if Washington can remain at or near the top after basically starting over from scratch with new players and staff.
Did you say USC???? Lol.

Iowa would be in the playoffs but wouldn't host the first round game.
2kr5s9.jpg

Reactions: BonzoFury
it was meant as a joke and yes i know that i often miss the mark with my jokes but i even had a smiley this time to indicate that.
that said if steele had ranked osu at #18/#11 they would be incensed and crying.
Maybe try 2 smileys next time, just to reenforce the whimsical nature of your comment.

We # 1 ........................................................................................................1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phil should do a swimsuit addition at the same time also so we can tell the girlfriends and wives we just buying cause the dude has us at # 11 !

USC had Caleb Williams and look how they did. And people think they are gonna come in and be in the top 2 or 3 in the Big Ten?????????
The only thing different is the offenses have a pulse that came in versus the duds we are normally facing. That equals one or two more losses for us each year plus more quality opponents in general. I think we can get to 10-2 though.

• Haha
Reactions: Hawktagonapus
The only thing different is the offenses have a pulse that came in versus the duds we are normally facing. That equals one or two more losses for us each year plus more quality opponents in general. I think we can get to 10-2 though.
But one also has to ask...how much of their offensive success was due to the poor D played in the PAC?

Phil's power ratings.

1. Ohio State (2nd nationally)
2. Oregon (3rd nationally)
3. Penn State (5th nationally)
4. Michigan (12th nationally)
5. Iowa (18th nationally)
6. USC (24th nationally)
7. Wisconsin (25th nationally)
8. Nebraska (36th nationally)
9. Rutgers (41st nationally)
10. Washington (43rd nationally)
11. Minnesota (47th nationally)
12. UCLA (50th nationally)
13. Indiana (51st nationally)
14. Maryland (54th nationally)
15. Northwestern (59th nationally)
16. Illinois (61st nationally)
17. Purdue (63rd nationally)
18. Michigan State (72nd nationally)

Steele has Troy 108. SP+ has them 54 which shocked the hell out of me with all they lost. Their awesome coach Jon Sumrall left for Tulane too. He would have been the UK coach if Stoops had left for A&M.

FPI has Troy 75 and Kelley Ford has Troy 62.

Troy has 2 starters back on offense and 2 on defense.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
Phil's power ratings.

1. Ohio State (2nd nationally)
2. Oregon (3rd nationally)
3. Penn State (5th nationally)
4. Michigan (12th nationally)
5. Iowa (18th nationally)
6. USC (24th nationally)
7. Wisconsin (25th nationally)
8. Nebraska (36th nationally)
9. Rutgers (41st nationally)
10. Washington (43rd nationally)
11. Minnesota (47th nationally)
12. UCLA (50th nationally)
13. Indiana (51st nationally)
14. Maryland (54th nationally)
15. Northwestern (59th nationally)
16. Illinois (61st nationally)
17. Purdue (63rd nationally)
18. Michigan State (72nd nationally)
Interesting how far MSU has fallen since 2021. Wow.

Meh, they have not played in the midwest in Nov. The stingers hurt a bit more when it is only 25 degrees out. Plus you are not going to be slinging the rock all over the place in 30 mph winds. To me, it would seem those teams may as well chalk 1 or 2 losses up a year until they are built to handle a full season in the big.

Meh, they have not played in the midwest in Nov. The stingers hurt a bit more when it is only 25 degrees out. Plus you are not going to be slinging the rock all over the place in 30 mph winds. To me, it would seem those teams may as well chalk 1 or 2 losses up a year until they are built to handle a full season in the big.

Agreed. Wind does have the highest impact on offensive advanced metrics of all weather patterns. We all know how windy it can get in October/November regardless of the temp. This is the overlooked point about west coast coming east. When I lived in LA/SF it was night/day compared to Eastern Iowa re:wind.

Hope you're right.

Agreed. Wind does have the highest impact on offensive advanced metrics of all weather patterns. We all know how windy it can get in October/November regardless of the temp. This is the overlooked point about west coast coming east. When I lived in LA/SF it was night/day compared to Eastern Iowa re:wind.
And even as Midwesterners, we know how it feels when that first cold blast comes in late fall. Ain't no one used to it after summer. They will never be used to it since they always have a much more moderate climate.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT