ADVERTISEMENT

Philbin Fired by Cowboys

West Dundee Hawkeye

HR All-American
Sep 28, 2003
Philbin was the OL Coach for the 2002 Iowa Hawkeyes. The OL was fantastic. He then went to the NFL.

I keep hearing we have all these millions of $ from the B1G. Here is your next OC. Time to spend the fricking $. Whatever he gets, Phil Parker should get the same.

Jane Slater

@SlaterNFL
·
2h
Statement from the Dallas Cowboys and HC Mike McCarthy

LOL. You think KF is going to hire someone more accomplished than himself to work for him and expect him to do his bidding? The only way KF makes this move is if he decides that winning is more important than family fortunes and being the big dog, and GB decides to make sure that that is his attitude. None of that is gonna happen. Plus, I don't think Philbin would be willing to take on the colossal project of rebuilding Iowa's OL at this point of his career.

Philbin could be the next OL Coach or he could be the next OC. He won a Nat. Championship as an OC at a small school and was an OC for the Packers for several year.

LOL. You think KF is going to hire someone more accomplished than himself to work for him and expect him to do his bidding? The only way KF makes this move is if he decides that winning is more important than family fortunes and being the big dog, and GB decides to make sure that that is his attitude. None of that is gonna happen. Plus, I don't think Philbin would be willing to take on the colossal project of rebuilding Iowa's OL at this point of his career.
He has already worked for him once. You think it would be harder to coach the Iowa OL than the Cowboys OL? I don't know what to tell ya. You are out there!

Reactions: cmhawks99
He has already worked for him once. You think it would be harder to coach the Iowa OL than the Cowboys OL? I don't know what to tell ya. You are out there!
JFC, just when I think you've posted the dumbest thing yet, you outdo yourself.

I know he worked for him before, dipsh*t. He is the single exception to the rule of KF's assistant coaches - he actually had ambition and vision and went out and made it on his own to the point of exceeding his former boss. Nick Saban used to work for Jerry Glanville, too. Think he'd do that again?

Did you seriously interpret my comment to mean that coaching college football OL is "harder" than coaching NFL OL? JFC. You have become the ultimate at strawman arguments.

Reactions: blhawk
Reese Morgan was old.
Read his entire sentence." Iowa does not need old coaches that can not recruit." Reese could recruit.

One of the reasons Philbin went to the pros was he didn't like to recruit. He just wanted to coach football. He spoke at an I Club event up here during his tenure under KFz. One of the things he talked about was the time and effort involved in recruiting. You could tell he didn't care for it.

Read his entire sentence." Iowa does not need old coaches that can not recruit." Reese could recruit.

One of the reasons Philbin went to the pros was he didn't like to recruit. He just wanted to coach football. He spoke at an I Club event up here during his tenure under KFz. One of the things he talked about was the time and effort involved in recruiting. You could tell he didn't care for it.
Philbin is not coming back to Iowa City, but make no mistake, he'd be welcomed.

Philbin was the OL Coach for the 2002 Iowa Hawkeyes. The OL was fantastic. He then went to the NFL.

I keep hearing we have all these millions of $ from the B1G. Here is your next OC. Time to spend the fricking $. Whatever he gets, Phil Parker should get the same.

Jane Slater

@SlaterNFL
·
2h
Statement from the Dallas Cowboys and HC Mike McCarthy

By the fans, yes. By the self-appointed monar

Iowa does not need old coaches that can not recruit.

I think this new era of NIL can actually be good for coaches that don’t have a passion for recruiting. Let the NIL money do the talking for recruiting, instead of trying to become best friends with 80 different recruits. Then you can put more focus on the X’s and O’s.

Wasn't Norm Parker old?

I would not say Phil Parker is young but he is invaluable to Iowa.

If you look at Philbin's career, there has been many stops. He is 61 and I bet he would love to come to Iowa City to coach with people he knows and finish out his career in Iowa City.

Iowa City is not an expensive town to live in and would not be a bad place to retire to.

Greg Davis was more accomplished than KF when he was hired as OC. Obviously that was not the greatest decision.

Reactions: not_mantiteo

Philbin has now been fired twice and his Miami stint wasn’t to good, so not sure he is really more accomplished…

More importantly how do you think such a poor coach in KF has won so many games when others in the division have not?

Here’s your chance to explain it to us!

I know he worked for him before, dipsh*t. He is the single exception to the rule of KF's assistant coaches - he actually had ambition and vision and went out and made it on his own to the point of exceeding his former boss. Nick Saban used to work for Jerry Glanville, too. Think he'd do that again?

Did you seriously interpret my comment to mean that coaching college football OL is "harder" than coaching NFL OL? JFC. You have become the ultimate at strawman arguments.

LOL…. Dude, you are one of the dimmest posters on here. Your hatred has blinded you so badly if you told me, the sky was blue, I’d have to go out and check.

• Haha
Reactions: pistachio1999
Philbin has now been fired twice and his Miami stint wasn’t to good, so not sure he is really more accomplished…

More importantly how do you think such a poor coach in KF has won so many games when others in the division have not?

But Mel Tucker was the shiny new object and he got a huge contract and he won games his first year! Isn't he better than Kirk?

Go back to your comic book.

By the fans, yes. By the self-appointed monarchy, no.
I have a question for you… I bet you’re a huge fan of most all of our defensive coaches, and especially Phil Parker, who is extremely loyal to Kirk Ferentz, whom you hate… Explain that to me, will you?

You won’t be able to swallow help… Cito Parker thanks Kirk Ferentz has a good coach. He probably questions in a little bit on how the office operates but here’s a man that is stuck with him for 20+ years. Nobody does that if they don’t like and respect their boss!

Most of you are too damn dumb to understand that, but keep on keeping on!

Reactions: hawkeyebob62
14-31 as a HC is more accomplished? Got it
I was referring to his 13 years stint at Texas as OC where Texas won the National Title as the OC. But if you want to compare HC records KF was 13-31 during his 4 years as a HC at Maine and Iowa.

Always a joy returning to this board to find the typical responses from the usual suspects.

I suppose "more accomplished" is subjective, but just about everyone considers NFL HC > College HC except for the elites, which KF is not.

Link to my calling KF a "poor coach," please. Here's your chance to explain it to me.

His hate blinds him from the facts!
What facts am I denying, exactly?

LOL…. Dude, you are one of the dimmest posters on here. Your hatred has blinded you so badly if you told me, the sky was blue, I’d have to go out and check.
You said pretty much the same thing in the previous post, and yeah, it was just as dumb the second time.

Maybe you don't like what I post, but my observations are pretty darn accurate. You and your dimwit counterpart pistachio dude have only come back with strawman arguments from the beginning in order to make your points.

Most of you are too damn dumb to understand that, but keep on keeping on!
And for the grand finale, he caps it off with the "I'm smarter than everyone else" bit. LOL!

I was referring to his 13 years stint at Texas as OC where Texas won the National Title as the OC. But if you want to compare HC records KF was 13-31 during his 4 years as a HC at Maine and Iowa.
And after that Maine stop?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT