ADVERTISEMENT

Pick the halftime score between Iowa and OSU

Straight up - if you come within 3 points I will send a $20 gift card from Amazon to whomever is the winner. I say ….

OSU 14-3 (In my greatest dreams) BUT I will stick with that even though it could be 55-0 in my nightmares

The O/U is 50; OSU is favored by 30. So, it appears that Vegas thinks this is a 40-10 type ball game.

I think it's gonna be just as ugly as the 42-3 loss to Michigan in the B1G Championship game. I think the final score will be 55-10, however.

At halftime? 24-3.

Reactions: cm8124 and shudaddy
One random question I have that came from this thread:

Is the Iowa team in the moral victory mindset?

I think the team might be; they all follow head coach, and coach trots out there in press conferences like it’s NBD; the team is practicing well, the team won the BIG west last year, talk about being a developmental program, no one seems too upset about the W/L record, everyone on the team still defends Spencer quite a bit, coach defends Brian’s body of work. So fans should just buckle in and appreciate individual plays and players efforts.

I’m actually pleasantly surprised the team has stuck together pretty well and we haven’t heard much, at least publicly, about any locker room troubles. That may be the silver lining, for next year and following years as some of these better recruiting classes mature with the program.

None of these scores predicted were as bad as the 56-7 score at the half Iowa trailed in 1995 in Columbus.
csb time. i remember this game for one reason only, thanks to tosu band and gary dolphin . it was opening day of pheasant season here in Iowa and a buddy of mine and i were heading back into lunch after our morning hunt and we turned the game on in the truck. gary says something like 'that was tosu marching band with "we will rock you" by queen. they should have called it "we have rocked you" as osu leads your hawks by the score of 56-7.'

needless to say we didnt watch the second half during lunch. like i said csb.

oh yeah we were ranked that week too, #25 i believe.

csb time. i remember this game for one reason only, thanks to tosu band and gary dolphin . it was opening day of pheasant season here in Iowa and a buddy of mine and i were heading back into lunch after our morning hunt and we turned the game on in the truck. gary says something like 'that was tosu marching band with "we will rock you" by queen. they should have called it "we have rocked you" as osu leads your hawks by the score of 56-7.'

needless to say we didnt watch the second half during lunch. like i said csb.

oh yeah we were ranked that week too, #25 i believe.
That was a good Iowa team. Went in with a 5-1 record; had list the week before against Penn State.

After OSU, Iowa lost their next two to go 5-4 but rebounded by winning last two regular season games then the Sun Bowl.

10-0 ohio state lead over Iowa. Sorry if that got picked but I lost track and changed my guess a few times after seeing others guess the same.

I feel it will be like Michigan again. Defense will play great. Then the offense will go full Spencer Ferentz and lose yards on a 3 and out to open up the 2nd half and the defense finally just collapses and then the blowout begins.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT