ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt

Blue Devils and Seminoles left it all out on the floor on Saturday. Not surprising that neither had anything left in the tank 2 days later.

Reactions: Underscore2
Would rather cuse stay on the bubble this win might get them in the tourney if they dont have any bad loses

Would rather cuse stay on the bubble this win might get them in the tourney if they dont have any bad loses
Maybe. But Syracuse has been on the line so far in the early bracketology. First four out / in. Iowa is safely in (early-on). At this point, Iowa needs any help possible with that out-of-conf SOS.

They drilled USC last night

USC suspended their best player before the game though, and it was at Oregon. Pac 12 is bad enough that Oregon may still get to .500 in conference though. What little I watched of it, we were much luckier facing Bol Bol than Louis King given the choice of the two, Iowa's size was able to handle Bol while King looked more like the kind of player, high energy slasher with a mid range jumper who crashes the boards, that gives Iowa fits.

USC suspended their best player before the game though, and it was at Oregon. Pac 12 is bad enough that Oregon may still get to .500 in conference though. What little I watched of it, we were much luckier facing Bol Bol than Louis King given the choice of the two, Iowa's size was able to handle Bol while King looked more like the kind of player, high energy slasher with a mid range jumper who crashes the boards, that gives Iowa fits.

I disagree. While King is a good player, Bol was a legit 21/9 center averaging almost 3 blocks.

Plus Oregon had Wooten, an elite defender, when they played Iowa.

Bol/Wooten >>>> King.

And when did Porter become USC's best player? He projects well as an NBA prospect but he only averaged 10 points. Boatwright is their MVP followed by Rakocevic.

Last edited:
The PAC12 is awful, so I wouldn't expect more than 2-3 teams to get an invite to the dance.

That's true but really irrelevant. Hopefully Oregon can just equate to a quad 1 win for Iowa, which is top 50 team for a neutral site game. Top 50 is achievable for them.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
That's true but really irrelevant. Hopefully Oregon can just equate to a quad 1 win for Iowa, which is top 50 team for a neutral site game. Top 50 is achievable for them.
Not really irrelevant. While Oregon has highly rated young talent, I think they would finish in the bottom third of the B1G, unless they suddenly start pulling it together. In the PAC12, they should be one of the better teams, which should help them be successful, although it won't help their SOS.

I don't really see any path to them getting in the top 50 of the net to be honest.

Not out of the picture. Pitt was sitting above 100 a few weeks ago and currently is ranked 52. King is starting to play well and Wooten should return soon. I could easily see them winning 20+ and finishing top 50.

Not out of the picture. Pitt was sitting above 100 a few weeks ago and currently is ranked 52. King is starting to play well and Wooten should return soon. I could easily see them winning 20+ and finishing top 50.
Pitt stroked a team that doesn’t exist in the PAC 12.

Pitt stroked a team that doesn’t exist in the PAC 12.

That's true but Oregon will have opportunities with 4 games remaining against Arizona #51 and Washington #38, plus 4 games against top 100 teams, Oregon State, UCLA and Arizona State.

They likely need to win >75% of their remaining games but it's possible.

I’ve seen Pitt in a couple bracketologies. No one would have predicted that before the season

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT