ADVERTISEMENT

Pizza Hut Boycott

Hawki97

HR Legend
Dec 16, 2001
Iowa City, IA
I boycotted Pizza Hut about 25 years ago. Looks like I'm ahead of the curve on this one.

Pizza Hut is facing boycott calls after it supplied Israeli Defence Forces (IDF) with pizza.

The restaurant chain's Israeli Instagram account reposted a story of two IDF soldiers holding stacks of branded Pizza Hut boxes, and it has been widely shared online. Originally posted by a user with the handle @alex_shults, the two soldiers can be seen smiling and dressed in uniform. Newsweek has as yet been unable to verify where the image was taken and contacted Yum Brands, the parent company of Pizza Hut, for comment on Saturday via phone call.

Brands across the world have faced boycotts over supposed support of Israel as it strikes back in the Gaza Strip following the October 7 attacks conducted by Hamas. Most notably, McDonald's and Starbucks have both been subject to the ire of pro-Palestinian supporters.

The Quds News Network, a Palestinian Youth News Agency, posted another image of a separate Instagram story on X, formerly Twitter, showing an Israeli soldier posing with a stack of pizza boxes. He has one arm resting on the boxes and another on a rifle in the image posted by an account with the name "Proud to help". Text in the image reads: "For the love of Israel." The Quds Network said the pizzas were free and delivered to Israel military bases. Newsweek is unable to verify the claim at this time.

The posts have caused significant backlash online from pro-Palestinian supporters who have vowed to stop purchasing food from the chain and have encouraged others to do so as well. Academic Tim Anderson posted on X: "OK folks, this is the form of @pizzahut feeding the genocidal regime, you know what to do."

At the time of writing, the hashtag #BoycottPizzaHut had more than 136,000 posts on the X site.

However, not everyone was in favor of the hashtag. Israel's supporters hit back at the proposed boycott. Eli Lake quoted the Quds Network post, writing: "Good for Pizza Hut."

Other X users took the posts more in jest. Uri Kurlianchik posted: "You don't understand! This is all a secret plan to make Israeli soldiers too fat to fight in Gaza! Pizza Hut is actually trying to help you!"

"Obviously people in support of Hamas are 'boycotting' PizzaHut for acting humanely," X user anitnelav wrote.

Starbucks issued a public statement in December, following vandalism at a number of its outlets in North America.

Without explicitly referencing the ongoing conflict, Starbucks CEO Laxman 'Laks' Narasimhan said in a letter: "Cities around the world - including here in North America - have seen escalating protests. Many of our stores have experienced incidents of vandalism. We see protestors influenced by misrepresentation on social media of what we stand for."

Narasimhan added: "Our stance is clear. We stand for humanity."

• Wow
Reactions: BrianNole777
If you are on the left and complaining about every slight devaition from your purity test, and making a bid deal about everything on social media, you are the “far left”. Dont be like those pussies on the right that cry about “woke this, woke that” and boycotting bud light or target.

This boycotting shit because a company did this or that is disingenouos unless you are looking into what every company of the products you purchase support.

And if you still want to boycott, just do it. Its not an airport, no need to announce your departure

I boycotted Pizza Hut about 25 years ago. Looks like I'm ahead of the curve on this one.

Pizza Hut is facing boycott calls after it supplied Israeli Defence Forces (IDF) with pizza.

The restaurant chain's Israeli Instagram account reposted a story of two IDF soldiers holding stacks of branded Pizza Hut boxes, and it has been widely shared online. Originally posted by a user with the handle @alex_shults, the two soldiers can be seen smiling and dressed in uniform. Newsweek has as yet been unable to verify where the image was taken and contacted Yum Brands, the parent company of Pizza Hut, for comment on Saturday via phone call.

Brands across the world have faced boycotts over supposed support of Israel as it strikes back in the Gaza Strip following the October 7 attacks conducted by Hamas. Most notably, McDonald's and Starbucks have both been subject to the ire of pro-Palestinian supporters.

The Quds News Network, a Palestinian Youth News Agency, posted another image of a separate Instagram story on X, formerly Twitter, showing an Israeli soldier posing with a stack of pizza boxes. He has one arm resting on the boxes and another on a rifle in the image posted by an account with the name "Proud to help". Text in the image reads: "For the love of Israel." The Quds Network said the pizzas were free and delivered to Israel military bases. Newsweek is unable to verify the claim at this time.

The posts have caused significant backlash online from pro-Palestinian supporters who have vowed to stop purchasing food from the chain and have encouraged others to do so as well. Academic Tim Anderson posted on X: "OK folks, this is the form of @pizzahut feeding the genocidal regime, you know what to do."

At the time of writing, the hashtag #BoycottPizzaHut had more than 136,000 posts on the X site.

However, not everyone was in favor of the hashtag. Israel's supporters hit back at the proposed boycott. Eli Lake quoted the Quds Network post, writing: "Good for Pizza Hut."

Other X users took the posts more in jest. Uri Kurlianchik posted: "You don't understand! This is all a secret plan to make Israeli soldiers too fat to fight in Gaza! Pizza Hut is actually trying to help you!"

"Obviously people in support of Hamas are 'boycotting' PizzaHut for acting humanely," X user anitnelav wrote.

Starbucks issued a public statement in December, following vandalism at a number of its outlets in North America.

Without explicitly referencing the ongoing conflict, Starbucks CEO Laxman 'Laks' Narasimhan said in a letter: "Cities around the world - including here in North America - have seen escalating protests. Many of our stores have experienced incidents of vandalism. We see protestors influenced by misrepresentation on social media of what we stand for."

I’ll have to eat at Pizza Hut sometime soon….even though it’s mediocre pizza

Thanks for the idea OP. I'm gonna head up to Muscatine right now and grab a large pepperoni lovers.

If you are on the left and complaining about every slight devaition from your purity test, and making a bid deal about everything on social media, you are the “far left”. Dont be like those pussies on the right that cry about “woke this, woke that” and boycotting bud light or target.

This boycotting shit because a company did this or that is disingenouos unless you are looking into what every company of the products you purchase support.

And if you still want to boycott, just do it. Its not an airport, no need to announce your departure
Well said and couldn't agree more.
I've only ever boycotted one company in my life (Nike) but I don't regret it because their products are expensive.
All these self righteous idiots on both sides that boycott everything against their beliefs are tweeting or posting about on their phones. Ya know the phones that most likely use Cobalt from Congo which of course they look the other way on.

I do miss the personal pan days

fu8eenb0y5d51.jpg

Maybe Pizza Hit would also support Palestinian refugees but it’s sorta hard to give free Pizza Hut to Palestinians with no Pizza Hut in Hamas corrupted Gaza. Gee, I wonder why they’re operating in Israel vs that other corrupt place? Maybe tell 80%+ of Palestinians to not vote for Hamas so they could get some deep dish and stuffed crust?

This doesn’t make me want to eat Pizza Hut less.

• Love
Reactions: Hawki97
Maybe Pizza Hit would also support Palestinian refugees but it’s sorta hard to give free Pizza Hut to Palestinians with no Pizza Hut in Hamas corrupted Gaza. Gee, I wonder why they’re operating in Israel vs that other corrupt place? Maybe tell 80%+ of Palestinians to not vote for Hamas so they could get some deep dish and stuffed crust?

Why would you need pizza hut when you have this pla…..oh wait, nevermind.

NYPICHPDPICT000061601232.jpg

Pizza Hut sucks but goddammit I'm a whore for their stuffed crust pizza. Haven't had it since I've gotten in to better shape, but that might just have to change one of these cheat day weekends.
As an addict I asssumr your smashing pizza every night

Ames has a carryout PH. At least once a month I'll order both a Pan crust and Thin and Crispy crust pizza.

Not as good as it was in the 80's and 90's but leaping bound better than f'n Pappa Johns

Actually PH quality has greatly improved over the last couple years. Plus I am lucky enough to live by one that has the white sauce. That shit is delicious. Also, we are limited on choices where we live so we get it more often than we otherwise would probably.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
I'm not a Pizza Hut fan but I may get one tonight just because of this. Or I may just get a far superior George & Nick's pizza.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
I actually didn't hate their chicken alfredo pasta last time I had it. It's been awhile but I may be due for one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT