ADVERTISEMENT

Plans for Father's Day?

Fijimn

HR Legend
May 7, 2008
Did not realize Father's Day was Sunday until this morning. It's going to be surface of the sun hot in Houston (102 degrees, feels like 115) so probably soak in the pool and do a some work. Whatcha you got going on?

I signed up for a printmaking class at the local art cooperative, then they canceled it. Soooo, maybe 6AM safety break, then hike, or fish, or bike, or maybe boogie board the river from the park down to the ice cream shop?

Reactions: Moral
Did not realize Father's Day was Sunday until this morning. It's going to be surface of the sun hot in Houston (102 degrees, feels like 115) so probably soak in the pool and do a some work. Whatcha you got going on?
Would love to hang in the pool but the weather doesn’t look as great here. Plus the smoke in the air lately hasn’t helped. The last couple of days supposedly were warm and sunny yet it has not seemed that way at all.

Working. I did buy some new golf clubs, so that'll be nice wherever they get here.

This is the first Father's Day since my dad passed. Sounds like both kids are coming home Saturday and we will probably get lunch somewhere and take the dogs on a walk. Good chance I will score some more Hawkeye gear.

I'm not sure I honestly couldn't think of anyplace I really wanted to go to. Maybe I will think of something last minute.

Other than that it's my 1 day a year where the wife and the kids wait on me and my wife will be making me tacos which is like my favorite food but I only really eat it on Father's day and my birthday because if I ate it even weekly I'd probably be 350 pounds.

I'm not sure I honestly couldn't think of anyplace I really wanted to go to. Maybe I will think of something last minute.

Other than that it's my 1 day a year where the wife and the kids wait on me and my wife will be making me tacos which is like my favorite food but I only really eat it on Father's day and my birthday because if I ate it even weekly I'd probably be 350 pounds.
What kind of tacos...like a taco spread: al pastor, guisada, barbacoa

My youngest texted me the other day, "What do you want to do for Father's Day?"

I replied,"Sleep."

I likely won't even receive that.

What kind of tacos...like a taco spread: al pastor, guisada, barbacoa

Nothing real special like that. Just our Americanized pseudo Mexican cuisine. Ground beef with taco seasoning, shredded cheese, salsa, lettuce, sour cream in a flour tortilla.

Certainly not authentic Mexican by any means.

It’s pretty cool that Father’s Day is in the middle of a three day holiday weekend this year.

I am going to take two long bike rides listening to metal dreaming of crushing my enemies and then have my kids over for Sunday dinner.

I know what I won't be doing. That is why we should all give thanks for our best side piece, OP's mom.

Down a couple Sam Adams about noon and then will fire up the grill(charcoal of course) and do some ground chuck smash burgers. I will also be making potato saland and deviled eggs. Homemade ice cream with strawberries for desert.

Nothing real special like that. Just our Americanized pseudo Mexican cuisine. Ground beef with taco seasoning, shredded cheese, salsa, lettuce, sour cream in a flour tortilla.

Certainly not authentic Mexican by any means.
Brah…At least grab some pre-marinated meat from the store.

Brah…At least grab some pre-marinated meat from the store.

While I understand your concern over his ground beef and taco seasoning… Any sort of pre-marinated, or pre-seasoned meat at the grocery store is a huge no for me, dog.

Going to see The Flash and I'm sure the wife and boy will make me some French Toast and Bacon!

bacon GIF

I'm heading over to my Dad's place to help him out with some yet unexplained projects around his house. Looking forward to it, tbh.
I already bought myself some razor cartridges for my Father's Day gift, but the (no pics) wife hasn't wrapped them yet.

Down a couple Sam Adams about noon and then will fire up the grill(charcoal of course) and do some ground chuck smash burgers. I will also be making potato saland and deviled eggs. Homemade ice cream with strawberries for desert.
Hand crank or electrix?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT