ADVERTISEMENT

Play calling yesterday

You are so full of bs and have been exposed. You maI'dde crap up and got called out - now you start the name calling. Pretty predictable (and pathetic) but I won't go down in the sewer with you. As a matter of fact I'll still offer you a couple beverages at our tailgate. Meet me at the bridge on melrose - just wear your dunce cap so I can identify you.

I'd wear one for a free beer.:)

Yes I am the nobody in this scenario, a coach of potential recruits and a parent of a player who they were recruiting. ..

MileHighHawkeye., assuming (because that never can be wrong) Colorado.......Mr. Kozan? :)

Last edited:
MileHighHawkeye., assuming (because that never can be wrong) Colorado.......Mr. Kozan? :)
He played at Valor (best private school in CO) I am a public school teacher. However, I did see him and a few of his teammates at track meet and spoke with them about Iowa. Talked to coaches a short time after he signed with Auburn and Kozan wanted to transfer to Iowa bc he hated Auburn, coaches said he should have thought about that before decommitting........I do what ever I can to get CO guys to visit Iowa, coach Kennedy is from boulder so I speak with him most often......

Reactions: nu2u
How much "influence" does BF have in gameplanning the offense this year? I have no way to "prove" my opinion, but I feel he is more involved. Am I nuts or does it appear like the offense has had some subtle "tweaking" done to it?

He played at Valor (best private school in CO) I am a public school teacher. However, I did see him and a few of his teammates at track meet and spoke with them about Iowa. Talked to coaches a short time after he signed with Auburn and Kozan wanted to transfer to Iowa bc he hated Auburn, coaches said he should have thought about that before decommitting........I do what ever I can to get CO guys to visit Iowa, coach Kennedy is from boulder so I speak with him most often......
Was hoping Iowa would have had the opportunity to get more involved with Kalen Ballage.

How much "influence" does BF have in gameplanning the offense this year? I have no way to "prove" my opinion, but I feel he is more involved. Am I nuts or does it appear like the offense has had some subtle "tweaking" done to it?
Take out CJ's big plays and the offense was dreadful Sat. It also had several dead spells against Ia State. Our defense appears to be pretty solid and CJ is a good qb who has the it factor. He is a winner. Combine that with our easy schedule and it is going to be a really good season.

He didn't back me into anywhere. I would never share my source with some idiots on the internet. It doesn't do any good arguing with people that like you guys that think Ferentz is some sort of genius. I will say it for the last time. CJ was leaving after the season. Ferentz was not the coach fighting for CJ to be named the starter. You can believe it or be wrong like usual. You can also have the last word. I will continue to enjoy watching CJ save Ferentz. I personally wanted him to transfer so Kirk would have to sink with Jake.
Was hoping Iowa would have had the opportunity to get more involved with Kalen Ballage.
Yeah, there is some talent in CO and the good ones usually go out of state......this is especially true in baseball (no D1 school that has baseball in CO) and yes I have passed on some names to coach Heller and there are few former Iowa players that coach club teams out here, so I am hoping with our recent success that kids start visiting.....Arizona State is probably one of the more popular teams in CO for some reason

Take out CJ's big plays and the offense was dreadful Sat. It also had several dead spells against Ia State. Our defense appears to be pretty solid and CJ is a good qb who has the it factor. He is a winner. Combine that with our easy schedule and it is going to be a really good season.
I do not think you should have posting privileges until you admit you are full of crap and admit that you fabricated this whole story (as well as others) to try and push your BS agenda on others. You have made it perfectly clear that you would rather see Iowa do poorly just so that you can see KF run off, please go be a clown fan you would fit in very nicely. I understand fans being upset with coaches, however; when it gets to the point that you want to see a team you are a "fan" of do poorly just to serve your agenda you completely have lost all respect. I am sure the seniors on this years team would really appreciate it

I think if we ran the same plays and were sitting at 1-1 most people would be saying same ole KF and GD. CJ has gone deep twice this year and both have been successful. Last year he threw bombs just to throw them and most were incomplete. The offense has been good but it hasn't been like a machine or anything. We have surprised many times on pass plays on offense in the past but people only remember the runs that go nowhere or the passes from your own endzone that get QB's hurt. They don't remember the successful plays or the plays they wanted to see but didn't work.

I also think in regards to the defense, if we blitz and get home people say we seem to be blitzing more. If we blitz and give up a TD which happened several times last year, its because we don't blitz and run the same ole predictable defense.

Winning changes many peoples thought process except for the ones that truly can't stand anything about Iowa football. They spend a week after a win bitching about a call at the end of the first half that made no difference in the game and as far as they know lit a fire under the players asses.

I do not think you should have posting privileges until you admit you are full of crap and admit that you fabricated this whole story (as well as others) to try and push your BS agenda on others. You have made it perfectly clear that you would rather see Iowa do poorly just so that you can see KF run off, please go be a clown fan you would fit in very nicely. I understand fans being upset with coaches, however; when it gets to the point that you want to see a team you are a "fan" of do poorly just to serve your agenda you completely have lost all respect. I am sure the seniors on this years team would really appreciate it
I attend every game and root for all of the players. More so than you and most on here. Just because I am not blindly loyal to Ferentz doesn't mean I don't want them to win. Your bias towards everything Ferentz makes me curious if you are a family member. I will be there Saturday cheering on the Hawks while at the same time being happy knowing Ferentz won't be on the sideline many more years.

Edited for heatdawg: We are 2-0 and I think the offense has looked poor. CJ and company willed the team to a win and several of you can't take the fact that Rudock would have lost that game and was the wrong choice last year. You are also one of them that said there were lines of people waiting for season tickets when people on here said they were dropping theirs. Your group is wrong so often that it makes for a really good joke.

I attend every game and root for all of the players. More so than you and most on here. Just because I am not blindly loyal to Ferentz doesn't mean I don't want them to win. Your bias towards everything Ferentz makes me curious if you are a family member. I will be there Saturday cheering on the Hawks while at the same time being happy knowing Ferentz won't be on the sideline many more years.
I am basing my infomation on the quote you said earlier about how you wish CJ would transfer so that KF can go down with Jake.....that is what I am basing my information off of. I am very loyal to KF and his staff because I interact with coaching staffs at the college level on a daily basis. As far as coaches doing the right things, being true to their word (not telling recruits what they want to hear), and just being good people there is not a staff that is even remotely close to the Iowa staff. I have had the opportunity to sit down with KF and many other coaches and they are just top notch. Not to mention that KF is very well respected by other college coaches (some who modeled their program after what KF did) and talk to any NFL guy and they will say nothing but great things about KF......I am still waiting on you to enlighten us on your "inside source", which you never will because it does not exist......get out of here and get on Cloneinsider.com or whatever it is called.
I am very fortunate that I have had some of the opportunities that I have had and because of these opportunities I have first hand knowledge of a couple things: 1) You are full of complete crap 2) See #1

Reactions: nu2u

Take out Brady's passing and New England's offense sucks. What kind of logic is that. Take out all the pass plays and CJs runs and our offense sucked? Really? So we base an offense off what it is if you take out all big plays. Genius.

Canzeri 5 yards a carry
Daniels 7 yards a carry

Leave it to you to take out all passing and 2 big runs by a QB and say the offense was dreadful. Well Our top 2 RBs averaged 6 yards a carry. But I suppose we should take out Daniels 27 yard run and Canzeri's 17 yard run as well. Better take out Koehn's 17 yard run.

In fact I think we should base the entire offense off of CJ's sacks and Parker's jet sweep. I bet that would make you happy.

Shouldn't you be in school. You suck at this.

Jordan Canzeri rushed for 124 yds. LeShun Daniels average 7 yards per carry before leaving with an injury. If the Hawks get that sort of dreadful offense each game they likely win 10-11 games this year.

Remember...

There are posters here, who are die hard Hawk fans - who have spent an entire off-season lambasting Ferentz and predicting 2015 will be a collapse of epic proportions.

They predicted losing to Illinois State. They predicted losing to Iowa State. The logic of their entire off-season's position on the state of the program hinged on Iowa epic failing in the non-con. The last two games laid to rest everything they based their entire off-season mantra on.

Therefore, in two victories...they have to tear apart something other than the outcomes of the games themselves.

Iowa could have won both games 63-0, and they'd piss and moan about it not being 70-0. They will never, ever be satisfied until Kirk Ferentz is gone as head coach of the Iowa Hawkeyes.

We were on the road in a hostile environment and we scored 31 points and had close to 500 yds of offense. I am having a hard time understanding someone's pov about our offense being bad.

Reactions: milehighhawkeye24
I am basing my infomation on the quote you said earlier about how you wish CJ would transfer so that KF can go down with Jake.....that is what I am basing my information off of. I am very loyal to KF and his staff because I interact with coaching staffs at the college level on a daily basis. As far as coaches doing the right things, being true to their word (not telling recruits what they want to hear), and just being good people there is not a staff that is even remotely close to the Iowa staff. I have had the opportunity to sit down with KF and many other coaches and they are just top notch. Not to mention that KF is very well respected by other college coaches (some who modeled their program after what KF did) and talk to any NFL guy and they will say nothing but great things about KF......I am still waiting on you to enlighten us on your "inside source", which you never will because it does not exist......get out of here and get on Cloneinsider.com or whatever it is called.
I am very fortunate that I have had some of the opportunities that I have had and because of these opportunities I have first hand knowledge of a couple things: 1) You are full of complete crap 2) See #1

No coach, including Kirk Ferentz, is immune from criticism but certain allegations require proof or they should rightfully be considered fake.

I think I'm done with this lenox joker - he is unable to support the stories he has fabricated about Ferentz. He does not have a secret inside source - that's a convenient cover for someone caught with their pants down.

Appreciate the insights that you shared here.

You thought the ball was twice as far from the end zone as it was. Please refrain from criticizing playcalling when you can't manage to get the VERY BASIC numbers correct.

The stupider the poster, the more certain their proclamations. You are exhibit A. And now I'm ignoring your dipsh1t a$$.
The specifics don't matter Einstein. I owned up to that did I not? The ENTIRE POINT was it was too damn far to attempt. The second he took off I knew that.

Maybe one of the math majors on here can come up with the distance, angle and speed of the competitors involved and trig out the possibilities of this play working. The number is minuscule would be my guess. So ignore away asshole.

Reactions: lenoxhawks
The ENTIRE POINT was it was too damn far to attempt. The second he took off I knew that.

Maybe one of the math majors on here can come up with the distance, angle and speed of the competitors involved and trig out the possibilities of this play working. The number is minuscule would be my guess. So ignore away asshole.

Why have someone else do your dirty work? You claim you "knew" it wouldn't work (as if THAT settled the matter) then turnaround and ask for someone else to help show you know what your talking about.

Remember...

There are posters here, who are die hard Hawk fans - who have spent an entire off-season lambasting Ferentz and predicting 2015 will be a collapse of epic proportions.

They predicted losing to Illinois State. They predicted losing to Iowa State. The logic of their entire off-season's position on the state of the program hinged on Iowa epic failing in the non-con. The last two games laid to rest everything they based their entire off-season mantra on.

Therefore, in two victories...they have to tear apart something other than the outcomes of the games themselves.

Iowa could have won both games 63-0, and they'd piss and moan about it not being 70-0. They will never, ever be satisfied until Kirk Ferentz is gone as head coach of the Iowa Hawkeyes.
Agreed, but isn't this the problem?!?!?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT