ADVERTISEMENT

Players met with Media today

full text of tweet:

Mason Richman on Northwestern transfer Brendan Sullivan:

"Obviously, he’s played in this conference before but seeing him now workout with us, stuff like that, he’s determined. He’s not a super rah, rah or loud guy. But I think he definitely cares a lot about training and football and everything like that. He’s trying to get the playbook down, get as many reps as he can, especially in the film room. He’s in here pretty early in the morning.”

Lots of positive vibes. I like it. I really think Iowa, with Lester running the offense, could be a major surprise nationally. As many of us have said for years, combine a decent offense with that tremendous defense and let's see how that goes. I think this is a year when that will finally happen, and it should be fun.

And if Cade can't go, I think we finally have a competent QB coach who will make sure his backup is ready to play

I wonder if what follows popped up in David's (of 24/7) head or if he first heard it from Chad (and then tweeted it out as an original thought)

That's my bad.....I accidently attributed what I read from David's feed to Chad.....It was David's feed I saw it at. Can't keep them all straight sometimes. 😀

Running backs catching passes. What a concept.

The full text of the tweet:

Leshon Williams on how OC Tim Lester utilizes running backs differently:

“Put us in a lot more of pass concepts, uses us more as a receiver. Just try to use us all around. Not just running backs but put us more deeper down the field. Take advantage of mismatches with linebackers and stuff like that. Just like he believes in us to play a little receiver, too.”

check this out & watch:

Reactions: Torg
Running backs catching passes. What a concept.

The full text of the tweet:

Leshon Williams on how OC Tim Lester utilizes running backs differently:

“Put us in a lot more of pass concepts, uses us more as a receiver. Just try to use us all around. Not just running backs but put us more deeper down the field. Take advantage of mismatches with linebackers and stuff like that. Just like he believes in us to play a little receiver, too.”

check this out & watch:

What a ****ing concept!

I wonder if what follows popped up in David's (of 24/7) head or if he first heard it from Chad (and then tweeted it out as an original thought)

I'm only guessing but one would think that there were some pretty old players following WWII. There could easily be a 22- or 23-year-old freshman. Also, the Iowa Pre-flight team in the 40's had older players. Forest Evashevski played on that team and was 23 years old when he started at QB.

I'm curious what Mason Richman had to say about Proctor. Not a paying member <cheap bastard> so I couldn't view the story above.
Can someone provide cliff's notes without angering the gods?

Won't believe anything until I see it on the field. And looking at responses on social media, that seems to be the consensus with most other Hawkeye fans. Kirk had burned us too many times, he's gotta prove it now.

The concept of utilizing “different aspects” of an offense versus 2 yards and a cloud of dust with BF and then Kirk just going along with it. We shall see - but it’s encouraging.

Everybody feels good about their team this time of year. That said, what KF and Parker have been able to do the last few years with the worst offense in all of college football has to leave everyone feeling some level of hope that even mild improvement on that side of the ball could be incredibly impactful.

One thing is for sure, if you have a QB that can feel pressure, and get rid of the ball, can complete the easy stuff, and is willing and able to take some deep shots down the field, if you mix in some pre-snap motion and there's a recipe for an improved running game.

This season will be a success if Cade looks like a draftable prospect.

• Haha
Reactions: Hawkeyes4sandusky
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT