ADVERTISEMENT

Playstation Vue on a PS4 / BTN Network Live TV

Underscore2

HR MVP
Mar 14, 2006
This is for anyone with "Vue", and watching games on BTN that are live.

Does your feed go into a continuous intermittent "stall" sometimes. And, this happens only on BTN, other live stream channels are fine I.E. ESPN, etc.

The pause/stall can be a split second, literally, up to a second or 2. And, seems to happen very intermittently. Just wonder if I'm going crazy. Or, maybe this is a problem with the PS4/Vue combo, and not on other hardware - if it happens tonight I'm going to try watching on my computer.

I've even tried pausing for a minute in case there is some latency issue, but I swear this can't be an issue with my network. Usually solid / 100mbps, no other issues anywhere else but the freaking BTN channel.

I have Vue, but I usually have to watch the games from the DVR. I do get a lag sometimes, but it usually doesn't last long and it's not a constant problem throughout the game. We've had it for about 3 months and overall is a very reliable service.

Reactions: Underscore2
I stream with the Vue over a firestick, have no lag or freezing at home (100 MB) or when I use it at hotels streaming BTN.

I have ps vue. Never had a problem. Very good. I also have Netflix. I pay 63 per month for both...the only thing i don't like is no history channel.

Try BTN2GO or as mentioned above or Fox Sports Go. Also, reboot modem/router and be sure its connected at 5g band if you have it. Uninstall and reinstall Vue and see if that helps.

After over a year with PS4/Vue I've had ZERO issues. But I do have wicked fast internet.

That’s the key, how fast is your internet?

I have PS Vue, it does lag occasionally while streaming live but I only have 35mbps. I’m hoping my isp increases its bandwidth soon.

No issues replaying games on DVR though, ever

I'd imagine it looks something like this...
powergrid112.jpg

I have horrid internet speeds at my house. When I had Vue and Sling I did experience lagging on live sports. I switched to youtubetv and have had no issues.

For a single stream regardless of Vue, Sling, DTVNow, etc, 5-8 meg internet should get you a decent, stable stream. When you start adding 2 and 3 simultaneous streams then I'd say 25-50 meg is the minimum, especially if kids or others are on the IPads, phones all the time. If you have 'max' stream quality set on your channels or service, this will draw more megs as well. Also, run a 'Wifi Analyzer' via a phone app to determine which Wifi channels have the least traffic, go into your router/modem and then change the channel to these to reduce congestion and it should smooth our your experience..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT