ADVERTISEMENT

Podcast: Jess Settles says Luka, Weezy & JBo WILL BE BACK to make run at B1G Title & Final Four

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
Great podcast with WQAD's Matt Randazzo. Topics discussed:

* Jess is very disappointed in the AP voters. He clearly thinks they got it wrong and that Luka was this season's national Player of the Year.
* Jess thought this was going to be a rebuilding year. He did not see this season coming.
* He talks about this being Fran's best coaching job.
* Jess says Luka, Weezy, etc may get NBA feedback (but who knows with the coronavirus) but everyone (including Luka and JBo) will be back to make a run at a B1G title & a Final 4 (Jess said it's a once in a lifetime opportunity).

Listen/Enjoy here:
https://www.wqad.com/article/sports...more/526-3a33dd99-643e-479a-819a-932dc4d00aed

Also, based on this video, I think its clear he's coming back.

Check this out & Watch:

Last edited:
Great podcast with WQAD's Matt Randazzo.

* Jess is very disappointed in the AP voters. He clearly thinks they got it wrong and that Luka was this season's national Player of the Year.
* Jess thought this was going to be a rebuilding year. He did not see this season coming.
* He talks about this being Fran's best coaching job.
* Jess says Luka, Weezy, etc may get NBA feedback (but who knows with the coronavirus) but everyone (including Luka and JBo) will be back to make a run at a B1G title & a Final 4 (Jess said it's a once in a lifetime opportunity).

Listen/Enjoy here:
https://www.wqad.com/article/sports...more/526-3a33dd99-643e-479a-819a-932dc4d00aed

Keep up the good work, Fran!

What am I missing?
Legend is a dick. I see nothing wrong with OP. This is an Iowa basketball message board isn't it?
Clearly the Coronas were strong in you at 0145 in the morning.
Keep up the good work, Fran!
Let's see.....on one hand we have Fran posting a ton of relevant Iowa related basketball news and on the other we have Legend posting insults and death wishes. Hmmm....tough choice.

Check out this thread (link follows), which Blair started, where today Legend wrote this to another poster (Note that at 12:42 pm CT Legend's comments were deleted by the mods):

PS. Your mom didn’t die of cancer...she killed herself to get away from you.

LINK: https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/thre...e-oscar-robertson-trophy.309638/#post-7538717

For some reason Legend gets away with this kind of stuff time after time after time. His comments are simply deleted. Why isn't he banned?

Can anyone guess why?

Check out this thread (link follows), which Blair started, where today Legend wrote this to another poster (Note that at 12:42 pm CT Legend's comments were deleted by the mods):

LINK: https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/thre...e-oscar-robertson-trophy.309638/#post-7538717

For some reason Legend gets away with this kind of stuff time after time after time. His comments are simply deleted. Why isn't he banned?

Can anyone guess why?
Because his mom keeps the mods satisfied?

Can anyone guess why?

I would just put him on ignore.

Any adult who acts like that, anonymous message board or not, has issues.

Actually, I have found both posters to provide good info from time to time. However, Legend is pretty abrasive, but then he is a clone fan.

Reactions: unclesammy
IO7WO0dap8dinBg5Sn2TNlpUZdHNcy6g9eCEOOkQMVGQx26jao04Semk75Fhfbd3yA70pYqeur8syi236clOR3x8EREbsZN5KxEOTqPVlGvvrLL6j5Whdhumzch6MOa3zYkfsB7UVy9yUY_OmfHI5gAx97iJgfNaISPWx7X3H642CKdul8mVR9Z19-N9nxfQ4D8o9GnKBdlG-xTOv-2Yc0i8bv_0dfS5Joh3JGfG-ilPxeVWThJQsPAKTp_nRmRPrhEUTdZ575Nt2fso6zgdkKMUN9F3tQR9at1Vol1Dg_bjmyRAEq_o3cWuzRS54stu3g0QzQBsy1h62-nMSUI8HEJxyD6XcGXOvSeV3ttZMp6ZCbcfNYg1uLGALCbejsSxXJuw4aTJRUQ8pvX7GgtPupD41ZJ2_lmdMJVW7rtyG3AViWHPhZRq4OHihhkNCdXFrO5fYarEny69aKkwolPEWtQIaGb2YYYVkEUQpJgPhlENpj2A6nEeyF1MbT5AzYnyuDzxaWIhlkZBM0xj-sIg83IZFSwpSZsnN0QggRVOAwJwzRuwXTyCLTSgtOPzdEYEu8BuRtARB1StbtFz-McU17yX8aFHp08nCrZ0FqqKr5QUs6QvOSWJ6Y44CA1XQgXrmrQplzKBt4uOjHhhha79WAsQ1RpHY3nqi6gvFkoLR3KWM4EX2HJ0Wu4M8g41=w419-h295-no

Reactions: Franisdaman
If that is what it takes for you to quit spamming the board, then so be it.

You obviously didn't learn from when they banned for for doing it before.

Is there somewhere else you can play your 2020 Autistic Games?
Have a couple shots of whiskey and hit the hay early. You'll be fine in the morning.

Can anyone guess why?

because he’s Kirk Ferentz

**** Legend and Uniowa too. Biggest know-it-alls on here. They are HR versions of Twins & 1976. Hows Garza=Woodbury 2.0 and laughing at how bad Frederick was going to be cuz he wasn't in the top 150, working out for ya Twins?

Last edited:
In case you missed it, expect our starting 5 and JBo to all be back next season to make history.

My main concern for next year right now is how will the minutes break down. Barring any injuries or additional transfers, we're going to have a full roster. I like having 9 or 10 guys because I think having that hard limit of 8 guys can put too much of a load on too few shoulders. At the least, I appreciate having that added flexibility. For sure I would think the starters should be able to reduce their minutes to the low 30s or high 20s. Will any of the freshmen redshirt? Will JBo be 100%? What will Nunge look like coming off an ACL injury?

Is Luka for sure coming back? Seems like the hype train is in full gear now with Katz having us in the Top 5 but are we 100 percent sure Luka is returning? I don’t know if there has been an announcement and I missed it but was wondering when he and Joe would announce their intentions? Also when does Jordan announce(if he says anything at all) if he is staying for sure? If all the those answers are yes then we should have some high expectations.

See orig post. I think Jess might know something....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT