ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: Do you want deaf truck drivers on the road with you?

Do you want truck drivers who can't hear on the road with you?

• Sure, why not?

Votes: 37 80.4%
  • Unsure about this....

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • WTF? Hell no!

Votes: 7 15.2%

• Total voters
Where does that happen? Truckers have to pass drug tests before they are hired.
Congrats on a job you're likely able to still get hired for...

Truckers’ positive drug tests up 18% in 2022.
At the end of 2020, only 12.5% of drivers who had tested positive had been cleared to drive again. In 2021 that number increased to 22.7%, and it increased again in 2022 to 27.6%.

How about deaf pilots? Y'all want someone flying your plane who has to communicate with the air traffic controllers via some sort of "voice-to-text" technology?
Maybe the driver was leaning over to light a ciggie. Or looking at his phone to checkout a cool bbq recipe. Could have been furiously responding to a GIA Hort thread.
Never mind that emergency lights are a huge part of reaching out to impaired and distracted drivers.
Are you really gonna post that you never drive while distracted?

Last edited:
Maybe the driver was leaning over to light a ciggie. Or looking at his phone to checkout a cool bbq recipe. Could have been furiously responding to a GIA Hort thread.
Never mind that emergency lights are a huge part of reaching out to impaired drivers.
Are you really gonna post that you never drive while distracted?

I'm not driving an 80,000 lbs. big rig.

• Haha
Reactions: Wendy79
My Honda CR-V is incapable of doing anywhere near as much damage as a fully-loaded tractor trailer.
You did not answer my question from post # 48.
It seems you are admitting that you are a danger to others on the road.
The fact of the matter is that all other vehicles on the road should be considered a danger to be approached with caution.
Don’t pretend that your Honda is not a weapon of mass destruction if you mess up or it has an equipment failure.

You did not answer my question from post # 48.
It seems you are admitting that you are a danger to others on the road.
The fact of the matter is that all other vehicles on the road should be considered a danger to be approached with caution.
Don’t pretend that your Honda is not a weapon of mass destruction if you mess up or it has an equipment failure.

So... pilots flying widebody 747s should have the same qualifications as pilots flying propeller crop-dusting planes?

• Haha
Reactions: Wendy79 and Kelsers
Truckers are driving faster than ever to maximize their miles now that paper logs can't be doctored anymore.
Don't most trucking companies regulate the speed their trucks can go? Doesn't electronic logging provide a data trail if a truck is in an accident?

Maybe he could see and hear perfectly well and just recognized the driver was Trad.
You may have something there.
Most driver training suggests avoidance. Perhaps targeted techniques should sometimes be a thing.
Some obstacles need to be cleared.

Don't most trucking companies regulate the speed their trucks can go? Doesn't electronic logging provide a data trail if a truck is in an accident?

Removing a governor from a semi or any vehicle isn't difficult. Yes, trucking companies can monitor the speed of their drivers through their ELD logs. As far as I know, law enforcement can't though. And, who knows how much trucking companies even care? Faster moving trucks means more tonnage hauled and delivered. The simple fact is encountering semis on the highway traveling over 75 mph used to be extremely rare. Now, it's common. And that's dangerous. Take a drive on I-80 some afternoon and see for yourself.

Considering many truckers in this country already suck….why not? Only way to go is up.

Removing a governor from a semi or any vehicle isn't difficult. Yes, trucking companies can monitor the speed of their drivers through their ELD logs. As far as I know, law enforcement can't though. And, who knows how much trucking companies even care? Faster moving trucks means more tonnage hauled and delivered. The simple fact is encountering semis on the highway traveling over 75 mph used to be extremely rare. Now, it's common. And that's dangerous. Take a drive on I-80 some afternoon and see for yourself.
I've found the number of trucks going an excessive speed to have declined. Certainly the name brand carriers are going at slower speeds. Insurers don't like excessive speed. I assume trucking companies don't like to get sued due to failing to manage things under their control.

Deaf > Guy that can hear, loaded up on meth, up for 30 hours in a row filling 2 liters with piss and throwing them out the window.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT