ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Do you wear a watch?

Do you wear a watch?

• Total voters
Love watches. Definitely a watch nerd. Love the style, but love the idea of having a precision mechanical watch on my wrist more. Unfortunately I lost all my watches to a fire a few years ago and haven't bought another one.

I did have a German Stowa Flieger watch was my daily wearer.
STOWA-FLIEGER-KLASSIK-SPORT_dial_5.jpg

And a Halios Tropik Bronze. Loved the patina you could get on a bronze watch case
f7b15346b4f8269ac3b2384ab348d2dd.jpg

I think if I start another collection I'll start with a Stowa Partitio or a Junghans Max Bill. I guess I'm partial to German watches with a simple dial

7021d55c69077e2907c0b3f5a60f094d.jpg

max_bill_Automatic_27_3500_04_Mood_1.jpg

No.

It's 10,000 steps a day

500 steps 6 times a day within 5 minutes

3000 steps within a half hour once a day

You get rewarded every day and can earn up to a couple thousand or so by the end of the year. They keep stats ranking the top 25 in steps that you can compare on the app against everyone in the company nationwide. Usually around 30k is first place. I try to average around 25k

A good incentive to stay in shape IMO.

A 25K step a day average is pretty solid and one that takes time to achieve for sure.

I've seen people that wear two watches, so they can wear their fancy analog watch and their Apple watch. Seems like too much. I'll take my old fashioned beauty, you can have your fancy step counter that tracks your every movement and gets you Tweets faster.

For those that say they don't wear a watch, I'm curious if you wear other jewelry beyond possibly a wedding ring. Saw at least one reference to a jewelry box, so just wondering if there are other go to options you guys lean into instead.

I've never worn a watch in my life. I wear my wedding ring but I don't own any other jewelry at all and have never worn any. I also don't own a suit so I'm not the one to ask probably. I'm 42 for reference.

Love watches. Definitely a watch nerd. Love the style, but love the idea of having a precision mechanical watch on my wrist more. Unfortunately I lost all my watches to a fire a few years ago and haven't bought another one.

And a Halios Tropik Bronze. Loved the patina you could get on a bronze watch case

I think if I start another collection I'll start with a Stowa Partitio or a Junghans Max Bill. I guess I'm partial to German watches with a simple dial

I've always had an attraction to some of the Sinn U1 models.

Reactions: lonestar50
No. I don’t wear my wedding ring either. If I have a watch or ring on, I’m constantly fidgeting with it. Not a jewelry guy.

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk

I personally think German manufacturer A. Lange makes the best watches in the world.

As an example of their work

Oh a Nomos! I had my eyes on them for a long time. I love the smaller under 40mm watch size

Big fan. There are obviously many others I would like to own but I draw the line at 5k and I’m only gonna have 1 of those, and I’m gonna buy it damn close to retirement.

So no Sub, no Speedy, no Calatrava white gold, no Daytona, and no Lange.

I have accumulated a nice little collection of Tag Heuer F1 watches. But, my go to everyday is the same Tag Heuer worn by Matt Damon in the Jason Bourne movies. A gift from a client after a nice result . . .

Last edited:
I have accumulated a nice little collection of Tag Heuer F1 watches. But, my go to everyday is the same Tag Heuer worn by Matt Damon in the Jason Bourne movies. A gift from a client after a nice result . . .

I heart this one too.

Big fan. There are obviously many others I would like to own but I draw the line at 5k and I’m only gonna have 1 of those, and I’m gonna buy it damn close to retirement.

So no Sub, no Speedy, no Calatrava white gold, no Daytona, and no Lange.
It was the fact that they manufacture all their movements in-house that first attracted me to them. No off the shelf ETA or Sellita movements. Although I was only looking at their "cheap" Club models

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk
I used to wear a watch but as cell phones became a bigger and bigger part of our lives I just started using my cell phone for telling time.

Because of cell phones it's functionality has gone away.

Hadn't worn one in a decade or more but got the Apple Ultra 2 this xmas.
I like it because I can leave my phone behind.

Yep! Looked at the Black Bay but right now will probably go Nomos Silvercut.

If I had GIAOT average wealth, I would simply buy both ….
The tudor black bay chrono actually runs off a Breitling movement while the Breitling super ocean 2 runs off the tudor non chrono movement. Random FYI in case you wanted to buy a Breitling movement at a slightly reduced (very slight these days) price point and don't care about the "hood ornament"

No. I considered getting an apple watch at one point, but then I realized I don't like getting notifications on my phone, so why would I want them on my wrist?

I do have a couple nice watches for formal events.
You can silence the notifications. I don’t even notice them. I like the golf app, weather, daily calendar and activity tracking.

I love watches. Wear one every day, and my primary right now is a 42mm Hamilton Khaki Field.

I wear a Garmin for working out, camping, etc.

Reactions: AuroraHawk
I wore the same watch from 1995 to 2015. It's retired now.

Yeah, mine's been with me I believe since the late 80's.

I use it while on my bus. It's mainly backup and for when the rare chance I need to know what time it is when I'm away from my driver's seat (we can't touch our phones on the bus when kids are on). I have a LaCrosse "atomic clock" on my bus, usually that's all I need, but the batteries died on it once so...Timex for backup.

I like it. Light, comfortable, keeps time - and it's the type of watch I can change the battery myself.

Reactions: alaskanseminole
Of course. Do you even Strava bro?
I wear a tag aqua racer most days.
Sometimes switch to a tag tiger woods grey background that keeps raising in value so i don’t wear it much.
Have 2 rolexs i don’t wear at all.

I wear a tag aqua racer most days.
Sometimes switch to a tag tiger woods grey background that keeps raising in value so i don’t wear it much.
Have 2 rolexs i don’t wear at all.
What type of rolexes? They may be worth a ton on the gray market atm. Can't even buy a new rolex in store at retail anymore. Gray market used prices are ~50% over new retail now.

Yeah those new models do nothing for me
Agreed, as much as I think omega does right there are some design choices they've made that really have me scratching my head. They make such a high quality time piece though. Noticeably better performance than tag, tudor or even Breitling.

The Grey side of the moon meteorite dial is my favorite watch in their portfolio (excluding 6 figure specialty watches). This is the next time piece I plan to buy:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT