ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Give one up for life

Goergs

All-Conference
Oct 1, 2014
20110327_MCG0003_Fred-Meyer.jpg

Easy choice for me. I'm not much of a beer drinker.

You'd have to rip the bacon from my cold, dead fingers.

Originally posted by INXS83:
Easy choice for me. I'm not much of a beer drinker.

You'd have to rip the bacon from my cold, dead fingers.
And I would be okay with giving up bacon. I love it, but I never find myself missing it when I haven't had it for a while.

Take away cheese and/or beer? You might as well denut me, as well.

Cheese. I really like good cheese, but most of the stuff that's piled on food I could do without. Plus, I always feel better when I limit dairy, I feel irritable without beer and bacon.

Beer is the healthiest. I like pizza. I agree on the bacon part. I love it, but rarely crave it. Plus, about half the bacon I encounter isn't cooked right. Which makes it borderline gross.

I miss you already, bacon.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Bacon makes nearly everything better. But it's mainly the smell. If you could get that smell into a safe substitute, I'd be fine with that.

At my weight and age I've had to cut back on both bacon and cheese.

Following a tip from the Dukan Diet, I now think of bacon mainly as a condiment. A sprinkle of bacon bits goes a pretty long way.

Originally posted by KennyPowers_96:
Beer is the healthiest. I like pizza. I agree on the bacon part. I love it, but rarely crave it. Plus, about half the bacon I encounter isn't cooked right. Which makes it borderline gross.

What is cooked right?

Originally posted by CarolinaHawkeye:

What is cooked right?
Thoroughly well-done but still chewy, not crisp. Easier to achieve with thick-sliced bacon.

Originally posted by bladel:
Tough call, but ultimately bacon will kill you.

Beer & cheese are healthy.
And beer-cheese soup is downright delicious.

Originally posted by 86Hawkeye:
I can give up bacon and go with sausage.
This. No way I could give up beer. And cheese would eliminate most Italian and Mexican dishes so F that. I love bacon but I don't consume it as much as the other two.

Originally posted by Fan In Black:
This. No way I could give up beer. And cheese would eliminate most Italian and Mexican dishes so F that. I love bacon but I don't consume it as much as the other two.
Right. Didn't say anything about sausage. Or brats. Or kielbasa.

All of which are excellent with cheese & beer.

Originally posted by Fan In Black:
This. No way I could give up beer. And cheese would eliminate most Italian and Mexican dishes so F that. I love bacon but I don't consume it as much as the other two.  

Yup. I have bacon maybe on a pizza a couple times a year. Maybe a couple times a year on a sandwich. Maybe every year or two I will have a side of bacon. Love the idea of it but don't see the need to add it to everything.

Originally posted by What W...us Do?:
Originally posted by CarolinaHawkeye:

What is cooked right?
Thoroughly well-done but still chewy, not crisp.  Easier to achieve with thick-sliced bacon.

Pretty much this, for my taste. When it's thin bacon and undercooked, it's not the same for me.

There are a lot of substitutes for beer, and I actually prefer wine and mixed drinks to it, so it's an easy choice for me.

Pretty much a matter of personal taste.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT