ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Gladiator 2

Should there be a sequel?

• Total voters

alaskanseminole

HB Legend
Oct 20, 2002
Since this is my all-time favorite film, I figure I might as well throw this out there.

"Gladiator 2," directed by Ridley Scott, continues the story from the 2000 film. The sequel centers on Lucius Verus, the son of Lucilla and nephew of Commodus, who was saved by Maximus in the original film. Lucius, played by Paul Mescal, has spent the past 15 years presumed dead and living in the wilderness. The story follows his return to Rome and the ensuing conflicts.

The cast includes Denzel Washington as Lucius’ mentor, Pedro Pascal as a military general who rebels against the emperors, Joseph Quinn as Emperor Geta, and Fred Hechinger as Emperor Caracalla. Connie Nielsen and Derek Jacobi reprise their roles as Lucilla and Senator Gracchus, respectively. The film is set for release on November 22, 2024

4c305b52e443fdf3377a79141648c67f

Last edited:
Just...why? (we all know the answer...just linking to the original will guarantee it'll at least break even at the box office, even it it's truly terrible).

Just...why? (we all know the answer...just linking to the original will guarantee it'll at least break even at the box office, even it it's truly terrible).
It's Ridley Scott, so I'm wondering if they can pull a Top Gun: Maverick-type sequel. Solid casting, so far. But my "gut" says, don't do this.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
I'm more interested in Glad He Ate Her 2, a lot of loose ends that need resolved in that one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT