ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: How much faith do you have in the security of the 2020 Presidential Election?

How certain are you that your vote will be counted and included in the final tallies this election?

• 100% No one’s messing with the ballots.

Votes: 22 28.9%
  • 75% I know there’s going to be fraud but I’m taking steps to make my vote count

Votes: 34 44.7%
  • 50% or lower. This thing is going to be rigged. Just crossing my fingers my guy cheats best.

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • I’m not even voting.

Votes: 3 3.9%

• Total voters
I had 100% faith in our elections until Donald Trump became POTUS and then the apparent trend became him accusing his opponents (without evidence) of what he was guilty of already doing or planning to do. He has been sounding the alarm about voter fraud for quite a while, so it will be interesting to see if he's just full of hot air or if he can actually pull it off. I have to think if he tries something there, it would be very incompetently bundled and exposed. So still much closer to 100% than 0%.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Who confirmed the authenticity of your completed absentee ballot?

So, now you are questioning the integrity of absentee voting? This means that military voting by mail is not longer valid. Where do we go from here? Only card NRA carrying white, gray haired Reptiles wearing cowboy hats, driving 1/2 ton pickups can vote, I suppose.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Once the ballot is in the system, I have 100% confidence that those votes will determine the outcome.

I also believe there are lots and lots of shenanigans going on before the votes get into the system. Gerrymandering, Russian interference, Chinese interference, making people wait hours before being able to vote in some districts, etc.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
They'll be as secure as they always have been, which is extremely secure despite all of the Republican attempts at voter suppression and Trump's lies about voter fraud.

All I know is that if Trump gets another term, we will not see a legitimate election again (or at least for a long time).

This could be true. What I know will be true (if Trump stays in power), is he will be impeached again, and probably be ousted (especially if the Senate flips). I'm still confident it won't come down to Trump stealing the election, I think there is a huge Biden silent majority out there and this thing could be a blow-out where Trump cannot dispute it. If FL goes Biden, see ya Trump.

Reactions: cigaretteman
All I know is that if Trump gets another term, we will not see a legitimate election again (or at least for a long time).
This will be the 6th presidential election this millennium. If Trump wins, it will be the 3rd or 4th stolen election, depending on who you ask.

So, yeah, barring something resembling a revolution, this could be the final coffin nail in America's democratic experiment.

We had some good years.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
Bold voter suppression galore is inbound. I feel we are at a point where Republicans feel they dont have to hide their motives anymore.

The GOP Senate keeps blocking funding for Election Security, you cannot make this shit up.
And they don't even pretend they aren't trying to suppress voting by poor and minority voters.

Cons here seem to love this. So do the supporters of most fascist regimes. They should probably just admit they are fascists and tell us why they think fascism is a good thing. At least we could have honest debates, for a change.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT