• I’m middle aged - every two years

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • I’m middle aged - every 2-5 years

• I’m young - eff this dumb s***

• I’m young - I am also a hypochondriac so every year

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I’m young - I will live forever. You old geezers are losers seeing your doctor and eating fiber!

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • What’s a physical?

Votes: 4 4.7%

• Total voters
Annually since age 35 (going on 53) especially since diabetes wore my grandfather out. Also, it’s free with my insurance and I need to go in order to get my cholesterol and sleep scripts filled. No big deal. Still alive and kicking.

Every year. Wife’s work gives $200 to each of us for the doc signing off on BP, cholesterol, and weight. That offsets at least a month of her deductions for the premium.

Reactions: hawkbirch
The last full physical I had was when I was playing soccer in college. That was about 38 years ago, so I'm probably due to have another.

I will go for a wellness visit once a year. Twice a year if she shakes like a Parkinson's patient while performing a hernia check. ;)

I will go for a wellness visit once a year. Twice a year if she shakes like a Parkinson's patient while performing a hernia check. ;)

that sounds awful.

have you ever had a hernia check? You know she does not touch your peen, right?

Reactions: LBoogie28
Once/year. My hot female doctor gives me a beej when she checks my prostate. Would do it weekly if I could.

Reactions: Rudolph
I actually get two each year. I get my yearly Periodic Health Assessment from the Army every December and a full check at my cardiologist every July.

Never. I recently had a colonoscopy and scheduled it directly. When asked if I had a primary doctor I said no.

I am over 50 and outside some running related injuries I have seen a doctor about 3 times in 30 years.

insurance companies print money off me.

Once a year when my doctor holds my prescriptions hostage until I come in.

I do a full blown physical once a year with my PCP and blood work twice. I do a semiannual DUI test with my neurologist. (Not really a DUI test, but the exam resembles a field sobriety test).

I have reached the age where a full physical annually, but blood work twice a year. Eye doctor once per year. The dentist for a cleaning every four months.

Every year since I was playing Jr High sports (I’m 29). Always been free with insurance (or my parents’). No reason not to.

yS9qGP7.jpg

Every year since I turned 40 (46 now). Thankfully, the guidelines for prostate exams changed a few years ago, so I don't have to get poked in the butt again until I'm 50.

Have had a medical condition since I was 16 where I have to come into the doctor once a year to refill the prescription. This has always turned into a defacto physical also.

If you have good health insurance, it's absolutely insane not to have yearly physicals. If you have family history issues... my opinion is to start at age 40... maybe sooner.

As a newly retired person... I've found out that those medicare "wellness" checks and what they check/test for vary greatly depending on which health care provider you use.

Don’t you hate when you’re getting a physical and you look down and realize the guy with his fist in your ass didn’t even wash his hands after fixing your air conditioner?

Wait...what’s a physical?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT