ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: Reasons for why you continue to defend Trump and cosign the narrative Trump is a victim

Why do you still defend Trump?

• I love Trump, would drain his ballsack, know he’s crooked but I’m trailer trash and don’t care.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
imo the reason that people support him is that they know that a guy like this is the only way for them to get through their radical single issue - so they are willing to turn a blind eye to everything else he does or supports
Are you referring to conservative Christians?

I don’t politic, but from the time Trump announced he was running for President and was actually getting support, I knew this country would change. I wasn’t sure if it was going to be for the better or the worse, but I knew it would change. I just couldn’t fathom that there were actually people out there that would support such an absolutely horrible human being.
Perhaps since I never really followed politics, don’t have social media, didn’t find this cesspool until the lockdown and stopped watching any local and especially national news, I just wasn’t aware of it and not much has changed.
Americans for the most part do not understand how our form of goveenment was designed to work by tge FF. It was never designed to be a “democracy” as commonly espoused by some today. ThrFF understood that a “popular democracy” would crash and burn under its own weight in time A “representative democracy” with asuficienr dividing ic power and checks and balances built into the framework COULD provide a stable framework for a lasting and efficient system of government that guarantee individual rights and protect minority rights at the same time…provided the population was actively invilved in the process.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Why is that? I would love to have the usual suspects chime in. None of them on this board ever admit to still liking Trump but nary a one has ceased in defending him like it’s the same sacred duty Chishawk has been called to on the flip side.

So, what gives?
I hate Trump, except for the lulz he delivers.

I might vote for him with my wallet though. I’ve reached that point.

Here is the thing I just can’t understand, The larger percentage of his supporters seem to be blue collar folks, When the reports of numerous contractors he stiffed came out before the 2016 election they interviewed some who went bankrupt and couldn’t pay their employees, That truly decided for me right then that he was scum and should be shamed instead of elected.

I just don’t get how anyone can feel that behavior is acceptable and it’s someone they really want to support.
Many of them excuse it by saying only Jesus was perfect (and libs suck). There’s a huge religious component to his support.

Many of them excuse it by saying only Jesus was perfect (and libs suck). There’s a huge religious component to his support.

I've maintained that the religious component of his supporters is the key. They live in a belief system that requires faith and no evidence. Ergo, when presented with evidence contrary to a belief, the belief supersedes any evidence offered when it counters the desired end result.

I don’t politic, but from the time Trump announced he was running for President and was actually getting support, I knew this country would change. I wasn’t sure if it was going to be for the better or the worse, but I knew it would change. I just couldn’t fathom that there were actually people out there that would support such an absolutely horrible human being.
Perhaps since I never really followed politics, don’t have social media, didn’t find this cesspool until the lockdown and stopped watching any local and especially national news, I just wasn’t aware of it and not much has changed.
I literally hoped for Trump when he was elected. I had no clue he could single-handedly jack this country up to the extent he has.

Here is the thing I just can’t understand, The larger percentage of his supporters seem to be blue collar folks, When the reports of numerous contractors he stiffed came out before the 2016 election they interviewed some who went bankrupt and couldn’t pay their employees, That truly decided for me right then that he was scum and should be shamed instead of elected.

I just don’t get how anyone can feel that behavior is acceptable and it’s someone they really want to support.
Same with members of the military. He doesn’t respect them but they give him their votes.

Biden had two bad senior moments, one of which he half squatted with a strange look on his face for a solid 8 seconds which looked like he was shitting himself. Then he left early and had another bad senior moment shortly after. The online chatter/rumor mill is that he soiled himself which of course the left had to run cover for and claim was impossible.
That's a damn lie and you know it.

Reactions: Scott559 and Moral
That's a damn lie and you know it.
I didn't say he did poop himself, I said that's the rumor mill online (not like its his first poop gate tbh). I think ole joe is legitimately just too old and frail mentally to remember what he's supposed to be doing. His pause was because Jill had to spend 8 seconds explaining to him that he wasn't allowed to sit yet.

Yes. In 2016, Trump support was more about xenophobia. Since then, he has become a messianic figure among American evangelicals.

It's shocking to me how evangelicals have gone all-in on their support for this demon and the conspiracy theories being spread by his enablers. When the dust settles, I don't think they will ever recover from the damage they are doing to their credibility.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT