ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Rooting for ISU today & in Big Dance?

OnceAhawk

HR MVP
Jan 29, 2015
ISU plays Kansas today for the Big 12 minus 2 Championship. Then, of course, they go into the NCAA tournament with a 4 or 3 seed. Will you be rooting for them today and moving forward (as long as they don't play Iowa or UNI)?

Today, yes.

Big Dance - I hope they flame out in gut-wrenching fashion.

Hey, tbone are you guidotheguide also? Maybe you didn't see or care there's already a clone poll........on a hawkeye site.

Why don't you get a job and quit cluttering these boards with your garbage??

Originally posted by TennHawk:
Today, yes.

Big Dance - I hope they flame out in gut-wrenching fashion.
Agreed. And then to top it off, Freddy signs a 10 year, $70 million contract to coach the Chicago Bulls
happy.r191677.gif
Freddy gives ISU a chance to match, of course.....LOL....

Originally posted by MTHawkeyes43:
I would love to see all 3 Iowa teams make the Sweet 16 or if the brackets will bear it the Elite 8 or even the Final 4, how cool would that be.
i will root for UNI, for sure, unless they are playing Iowa

Yes! Iowa first, UNI second, ISU third, All others next. Very proud of my home state representing!

You all should be too.

Originally posted by skydog0784:
Yes! Iowa first, UNI second, ISU third, All others next. Very proud of my home state representing!

You all should be too.
Ok we all live in the USA we should root for everyone. Your rationale is ridiculous.
laugh.r191677.gif

ISU players don't represent the state of Iowa very well so there is no way I will cheer for them.

Originally posted by OnceAhawk:
Originally posted by MTHawkeyes43:
I would love to see all 3 Iowa teams make the Sweet 16 or if the brackets will bear it the Elite 8 or even the Final 4, how cool would that be.
i will root for UNI, for sure, unless they are playing Iowa
+1

Will def root for the Panthers.

I'm sorry but I don't ever want Iowa State to win another game. If I had my way they wouldn't win another game in my life time. If that hurts anyone's feelings so be it. Live with it.

Re: POLL: Rooting for ISU today & in Big Dance?

Probably won't cheer for or against ISU unless they matchup against Iowa.

Will cheer against the Panthers. Living in the Cedar Valley my interaction with their fans have soured me toward them. Their attitude toward Iowa fans has gotten really bad over the last 10 years. With the last 5 years being unbearable. In 2010 I was cheering for them against KU. Won't do that now.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I wish nothing but the worst for that team, school and their idiot fan base who boo every single call no matter what.

Half of my extended family is obsessed with them and never seem to get that I don't really care. The sooner they lose, the better.

mutt why is he stupid because he chooses to not root for ISU. last time I checked this was still a free country and not communist controlled,

Bingo - to whoever said can't really root for isu since their players don't really represent the state of Iowa.

Iowa isn't big enough for the both of us. Crash and burn.

On a more alarming note I heard that incidents of animal molestation increased by over 400% in north central Iowa yesterday in the wake of the Clowns win.

No!
It's an in-state rivalry. Do you think Auburn and Alabama cheer for each other?
Duke and N. Carolina?
Texas - Texas A & M?
Clemson - S. Carolina?

The list goes on of long-time bitter rivals that certainly do NOT cheer for each other
and that is part of being rivals.

Originally posted by Hawkbiz:
No!
Duke and N. Carolina?
Texas - Texas A & M?
Clemson - S. Carolina?

The list goes on of long-time bitter rivals that certainly do NOT cheer for each other
Notice how all the rivalries you listed are way deeper and usually have more on the line than Iowa-Iowa State, I don't think this rivalry is at that point in any sport.

Originally posted by IACentralHawk73:

Originally posted by Hawkbiz:
No!
Duke and N. Carolina?
Texas - Texas A & M?
Clemson - S. Carolina?

Notice how all the rivalries you listed are way deeper and usually have more on the line than Iowa-Iowa State, I don't think this rivalry is at that point in any sport.
Most rivalries develop from football and ISU has done absolutely nothing in terms of football. Yes the beat Iowa head to head, but really in terms of a national brand they are an afterthought.

Bingo - to whoever said can't really root for isu since their players don't really represent the state of Iowa.

Yes. I'm a diehard hawk but I can't help it - I love watching Isu play basketball. They are fun to watch. I will root for them all the way - unless of course we end up somehow matched vs them. Would love to see them make a real run.

Originally posted by OnceAhawk:
ISU plays Kansas today for the Big 12 minus 2 Championship. Then, of course, they go into the NCAA tournament with a 4 or 3 seed. Will you be rooting for them today and moving forward (as long as they don't play Iowa or UNI)?
I look at ISU and I see a lot of cocky mercenaries and thugs and arrogant, gloating Aholes, blowing kisses to the crowd and acting like grade A dbs. They're about as Iowan as nuclear waste. F the Clowns and their jerkhole team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT