ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: There is no such thing as running up the score

Is running up the score wrong?

• Yes - football is a gentlemen's game with the singular goal of not hurting feelings

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • No - the choice above is for estrogentlemen

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • There is no such thing as running up the score. Demoralizing your opponent is what winners do.

Votes: 35 57.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes but there is such a thing as calling off the dogs.

If your starters are destroying the opponent by 50 and you keep your starters in late into the game, you (that coach) is a dbag and deserves all the criticism coming his way ….as well as the score run-up against his team in the future from Karma State.

at least it helps the hawkers strength of schedule come playoff time /sarcasm

It's not just the score, it's whether you have your reserves, sometimes deep reserves, in the game. As long as the reserves are in, play football. The reserves deserve to do more than take a knee. If college football doesn't like the huge scores, do what high schools do and call the game when somebody gets ahead by 50 points. Or schedule more competitive games.

If your starters are destroying the opponent by 50 and you keep your starters in late into the game, you (that coach) is a dbag and deserves all the criticism coming his way ….as well as the score run-up against his team in the future from Karma State.
Problem is that margin of victory can matter.
Until every conf gets their champ in the playoffs there is no chance it stops.

You shouldn’t talk that way about Hayden.

How late into the game / what was the score when the clones took their starters out? I don't watch ISU outside of when they play Iowa (can't be the only one here), but I'm kinda intrigued now...

If you’re up big late and your backups are scoring then so be it, it’s on the D to stop them. If your up big and you’re starters are in then your a dumb coach.

How late into the game / what was the score when the clones took their starters out? I don't watch ISU outside of when they play Iowa (can't be the only one here), but I'm kinda intrigued now...
48-20. Start of 4th quarter. Starting OL played the first series, then I’m pretty sure it was all reserves.

So if our rivals lose we say they "suck" and if they crush their opponent by scoring over 70 they also "suck" - that's quality adult logic :rolleyes:
giphy.gif

So if our rivals lose we say they "suck" and if they crush their opponent by scoring over 70 they also "suck" - that's quality adult logic :rolleyes:
I mean......nobody is required to think any better of Wisconsin, Iowa State, Nebraska etc just because they score lots of points and/or win........come on now.

"Running up the score" = embarrassing your opponent.

If the 2nd and 3rd string is scoring points, I don't care what the score is. They get to play football too.

Back in the 70's, PU, our most hated rival, went for 2 after a TD when the score was 48-0, so they could get to 50. That was classless bullcrap.

Having your 2nd team score when the score is 100-0, I have no problem.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT