ADVERTISEMENT

Pots and pans?

@FSUTribe76 recommended these https://www.costco.com/j.a.-henckel...-nonstick-cookware-set.product.100397883.html in this thread https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/any-cookware-recommendations.302873/#post-7362301 I bought them and they are amazing. Relatively inexpensive. Can use metal spatulas and spoons on them if you want. Dishwasher safe. Not the kind of non-stick surface that gives you cancer. Can get them pretty hot although not cast iron hot. Come with lids. All around awesome and would buy 100 times out of 100.
I've been looking for a set. Reviews are overwhelmingly good but one common theme in the 1 star reviews is that "eggs stick". Have you had this issue?

Those are by far the best nonstick cookware I’ve ever owned. I had a significantly more expensive Calaphon Premier nonstick set but was unimpressed with it as even with using only rubber, silicon and wood utensils in it, the cancer causing Teflon was already coming up (Calaphon claims to be Teflon free because that’s a proprietary name but it uses PTEF which is the generic name for Teflon, so that’s like saying “We don’t use Coke” and then use RC Cola instead) after only a few years. So I picked up a three piece pan set of the Capri Granitium at Costco for about $50 and absolutely loved them. No little particles of Cancercausing Teflon in your meals. They’re hard as a rock where even metal utensils accidentally used by your BW won’t scratch it up if done only occasionally. And they’re perfectly nonstick, I’ve never had an issue with anything sticking to them eggs or not. So I’ve replaced my entire Calaphon set with the Granitium.

Unfortunately, the Granitium doesn’t come in giant stockpots so I have porcelain lined versions of those.

For my don’t care about sticking pans mainly used for candymaking and stews/gumbos, I have two separate sets. A small selection of all copper pans, mainly smaller sizes as there’s something about copper that makes it react less with the cooking sugar you use in candymaking. And then I also have an aluminum set with heavy and thick copper disks on the bottom (in addition to being the best overall surface for cooking candy to interact with, copper more evenly distributes heat than aluminum, steel or iron so it keeps soups and stews from scorching in spots).

5-unlined-copper-sauce-pans-2.jpg

Anolon+Nouvelle+Copper+Stainless+Steel+10+Piece+Cookware+Set.jpg

And then other than the Granitium set of pots and pans, the small selection of all copper pans for candymaking, a decent selection of thick copper disk pots, three giant porcelain lined stockpots of different sizes from giant to gianter, I just have some cast iron pots and pans and a big steel wok. That’s all I or anyone else will ever need. I’ve had my Granitium at least ten years and theyre still spotless with no scratches and perfectly nonstick.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tenacious E
Recommend non-stick, dishwasher safe pots and pans that don't scratch. Non-stick has to last longer than a year.

TIA. GO!
I have had expensive non-stick and cheap. The quality difference is not enough to justify paying more. Buy cheap and replace when needed.

Reactions: thewop
Just my opinion fried egg sticking is an issue with the cooking technique. I fry eggs on seasoned carbon steel and they don’t stick. Someone else can use the same pan and they’ll stick. The vast majority of the time sticking is a technique problem. Lots of help on YouTube for this.
Eggzactly. Need to let the pan come up to temp and use liberal amounts of butter. I have cuisinart stainless steel multiclad pro, and if you know what you're doing, a fried or scrambled egg will swirl around the pan like a nonstick green pan. Cast iron is also virtually nonstick if seasoned correctly.

Reactions: Nipigu
Agree with @Nipigu. Non-stick pans are unnecessary with proper technique. Plus they are full of crap like Teflon that leeches into your food, especially the really cheap ones.

We have some old Lodge skillets and a griddle pan. They never stick. Everything else we have is All-Clad D5 stainless. I can fry or scramble eggs in a stainless pan.

I bought a carbon steel frying pan last month, really enjoying it. Was pretty cheap too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT