ADVERTISEMENT

Practice Notes Part 2

That is like saying you wouldn’t be mad at the guy that knew your wife was married and hit on her nonstop for months until she finally gave in and cheated. In the end, your wife, just like the transfers, is the one that ended up being disloyal. But, assuming she/they didn’t initiate the contact and didn’t show immediate interest, you know damn well you would want to break his neck. Hell, most men would want to no matter what…
Huh?

It is actually a very simple analogy to follow....But, being from California, I get how it could be difficult for you! ;)
I get the analogy, but comparing a student athlete leaving a university for another to my wife committing adultery is asinine. If our university lost two multiple time AAs to another program, it would say more about problems within our own program than it would about issues with the program our athletes are transferring to.

Calling the other program cheaters on social media because you don’t like the rules is juvenile.

me crying that someone is cheating is a lot different than a d1 coach saying it about another coach.

I get the analogy, but comparing a student athlete leaving a university for another to my wife committing adultery is asinine. If our university lost two multiple time AAs to another program, it would say more about problems within our own program than it would about issues with the program our athletes are transferring to.

Calling the other program cheaters on social media because you don’t like the rules is juvenile.
me crying that someone is cheating is a lot different than a d1 coach saying it about another coach.
It’s the guy’s livelihood we are discussing. I am not really arguing against how you feel about the situation. I am arguing against how you think HE should feel. Having wrestlers he put 5 years into end up going to another program is absolutely infuriating and how it happened can almost certainly feel very much like someone stole his wife.

Mind you, I know I am on an Iowa site, so I really don’t expect any of you to bend. I am just saying Lee is a good dude and doesn’t just say things like he did without feeling very strongly about his position on the subject…

It’s the guy’s livelihood we are discussing. I am not really arguing against how you feel about the situation. I am arguing against how you think HE should feel. Having wrestlers he put 5 years into end up going to another program is absolutely infuriating and how it happened can almost certainly feel very much like someone stole his wife.

Mind you, I know I am on an Iowa site, so I really don’t expect any of you to bend. I am just saying Lee is a good dude and doesn’t just say things like he did without feeling very strongly about his position on the subject…
Oh, he feels strongly about it? Well why didn’t you say so?! Totally justified then. I concede……

• Haha
Reactions: IowaFan1414
Is there video of Iowa staff pointing a gun at these 3 transfer's heads and forcing them to go to IC? If not, then it was ultimately their decision. ASU staff being mad 2 of theirs left is ok. They have a right to not like it. Just like the athletes had a right to do it. Seems it must have been within the rules since I haven't seen anybody stop it. Maybe the coach ought to be pissed at the wrestlers. Or their own staff for not playing the game with the new rules and keeping his wrestlers happy enough to stay. Or the NCAA or whomever has let this whole process bloom to the shitshow it is now.

Reactions: so cal hawkfan
I am pretty sure he isn't asking for sympathy. Simply, understanding. The guy should be PISSED as would ANY coach in his situation. No matter what team you are a part of, that should be glaringly apparent...
Man sometimes your schtick gets really tiresome and annoying and it’s all I can do to not put you on ignore! We all know where you stand on the subject so just move on, it’s really not that difficult.

Reactions: so cal hawkfan
His strong feelings on the subject don't in the slightest justify his post if it is saying Iowa cheated.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT