ADVERTISEMENT

Pre-seeds announced

Oh buddy. Nelson has a tough road.
Rematch with Braunagel right off the bat turn runs into Brooks in the QFs.
He did himself no favors losing to Braunagel and Lyon. If he loses to Brooks he gets the loser of Jordan and Lyon. Jordan won that previously. If he loses to Braunagel he gets the loser of Jordan/Lyon winner vs #2 seed from Whisky. He will need to get after it to avoid missing an AQ spot.

No excuses but Brands did not look like he was 100% in either of the loses mentioned above. Was not hand fighting as well as usual and was not getting to his Re-Shots. He also did not display the motor that gives him an edge in my opinion.

hoping I am correct and either way I will take him in the re-matches.

No excuses but Brands did not look like he was 100% in either of the loses mentioned above. Was not hand fighting as well as usual and was not getting to his Re-Shots. He also did not display the motor that gives him an edge in my opinion.

He's done this the last two years: Looked like a relentless attacker early, and then fades into a shell of what he was in early matches against good opponents.

This is true. Looked like THE man in his first match of the year and then looked like just A man after. That being said, if you look at the 2 matches AM wrestled this year against the #7 and #14 guys, he won by 6pts and 4 pts respectively against guys I figured he would beat by much larger margins and a week later he is out with covid.

We always speculate about illness and injury, but this year it's almost pointless (let's face it, it's always pointless but it's what we do on HR) because while we don't really know, a lot of times the athletes and teams don't really know themselves. Speaking as someone who had covid a month ago, you can feel pretty worn down right before and still test negative only to find out a week later during another test that you now have it and are being admitted to the hospital.

The Nelson Brands we saw beat Venz was amazing, if that guy shows up, he's a lock for a spot.

Reactions: Grip220

Come on. We have 2 years of data on him. This is just who he is, an undersized grinder at a tough weight. The Venz match is the exception, not the rule. If they wrestle tomorrow, I'm taking Venz.

The only thing not 100% is him not being 100% 184 pounder.

Reactions: 24 so far
Was 125 the hardest to seed after the top 2? Just a free for all. Ragusin the 9 who hasn’t beaten anyone. McKee at four is crazy

Barnett pinned Schroder, almost teched McKee but got majored by heinselman and loss to Cardani. Barnett should’ve got nod over Foley IMO

The Nelson Brands we saw beat Venz was amazing, if that guy shows up, he's a lock for a spot.

Brands is 13th in the coaches rankings and has two top 16 wins. His losses are against #12 and #17.

He's going to be at NCAAs. The question is where he fits into the bracket.

Reactions: Grip220

No excuses, but let me make up an excuse.

Reactions: tigerguy_
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT