ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions: How many GOP-controlled states will fight to keep the Dem candidate off the ballot?

You mean you actually support real democracy in action. Frankly, I think a centrist democrat stands a better chance of beating Trump than a far leftist progressive.
That's always the argument for settling for less than we and the planet actually need.

And it isn't even reliably true - as 2016 proved.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
Well Matt is EVERYONE's favorite Republican... He's like the R and Male version of AOC. But point taken, though that's more of an indictment against McCarthy than a compliment to Biden, but if that's how you wanna take it, I'll give you the Gaetz quip as a lie for Joe's mental health.
AOC is a good human being so maybe don’t try to compare scumbags to her.

If we do things by polls, i think we could just declare that the election would be over today. but we do things by votes. And actual democratic voters voted overwhelmingly for him.

Now you have a handful that, following the debate (but strangely not before when they presumably thought their influence secure), pressured him to withdraw. But not "just" for the good of the party. Under threat of withholding finances. I'm pretty sure there weren't 14 million making that threat. And that is not, repeat not, small-d democratic. To be clear, I'm not discounting the fear of the rank and file, but let's not pretend this is a small-d democratic action.
The fact that he got overwhelming support is mostly due to not being offered any other choices. If you wanted to argue a lack of democracy that is where the blame should be laid not with pressuring him out because the supporters said he needed to go. If the rank and file were still supporting Biden this absolutely would not be happening. There aren't a bunch outraged voters raising a stink because they can't vote for Biden. The evidence suggests the opposite that they have gained more support since he left.

The party is unifying behind her very quickly.
That's the problem. Not that Kamala is necessarily a weak candidate, but that no alternatives will get serious consideration.

If Kamala is still the flawed candidate we saw in 2020, we're going to be stuck with her. An open, unrigged convention might prevent politically-fatal band-wagoners' remorse.

The die is all but cast. Is anyone of consequence pushing for a genuine open convention? Are there any top contenders who haven't already tucked tail?

That's the problem. Not that Kamala is necessarily a weak candidate, but that no alternatives will get serious consideration.

If Kamala is still the flawed candidate we saw in 2020, we're going to be stuck with her. An open, unrigged convention might prevent politically-fatal band-wagoners' remorse.

The die is all but cast. Is anyone of consequence pushing for a genuine open convention? Are there any top contenders who haven't already tucked tail?

There's no time to really do anything else,... Kamala is the life preserver that's been thrown to you, no point complaining about what color it is...

Biden is a centrist and you guys hate him. Kamala isn’t radical. You guys don’t even know what that is because you can’t even point out how democratic policies are actually radical. Nothing Biden did in office is radical. Wealthy people don’t like it but that doesn’t make the policies radical.

The most powerful people in the Republican Party are radical. Batshit and radical.
Back in my day, we used the words "reactionary" and "radical" to refer to the right and left wings, respectively.

When did we stop using "reactionary" and why?

My guesses:

1. The term "reactionary" became toxic - justifiably, because reactionaries supported vicious policies - so conservatives started avoiding that label, and convinced others to do the same.

2. If you use the same word - "radical" - to label both the far right and far left, it makes it so much easier to engage in bothsidesism and to pretend that far left ideas like health care for all and fighting the climate crisis are just as bad as taking away women's rights and destroying public education.

I suggest we resurrect "reactionary." We might be surprised how often it fits.

Back in my day, we used the words "reactionary" and "radical" to refer to the right and left wings, respectively.

When did we stop using "reactionary" and why?

My guesses:

1. The term "reactionary" became toxic - justifiably, because reactionaries supported vicious policies - so conservatives started avoiding that label, and convinced others to do the same.

2. If you use the same word - "radical" - to label both the far right and far left, it makes it so much easier to engage in bothsidesism and to pretend that far left ideas like health care for all and fighting the climate crisis are just as bad as taking away women's rights and destroying public education.

I suggest we resurrect "reactionary." We might be surprised how often it fits.
I'd argue the girls have a penis movement is more radical than health care for all or fighting the made up man made climate change.

Even some Republicans agree paying more taxes will somehow change the weather that we've been told there's no going back from. But even some democrats want to keep the cock out of girls spaces.

I mean...shouldn't all states block her? She wasn't elected and we don't have Prime Ministers here, which is essentially what she's be if she were to win (as a party appointee as opposed to an elected official).

You know...to protect democracy...

Reactions: KFsdisciple
I'd argue the girls have a penis movement is more radical than health care for all or fighting the made up man made climate change.

Even some Republicans agree paying more taxes will somehow change the weather that we've been told there's no going back from. But even some democrats want to keep the cock out of girls spaces.
How many in that movement?

She will let you know as soon as her bosses tell her.

Also, open spots for Bernie Bros that are pissed at the dems for inserting their people the last 3 elections under the republican tent. You probably are not getting universal basic income but you can atleast know who you are voting for.

It's cute that you keep trying to push the idea that Bernie Bros would/should flip to Trump.

"Hey aren't you mad that your favorite ice cream shop gives you vanilla when you want chocolate? Why don't you try the place across town. They only serve dog shit but you'll know what you're getting.

Reactions: artradley
I mean...shouldn't all states block her? She wasn't elected and we don't have Prime Ministers here, which is essentially what she's be if she were to win (as a party appointee as opposed to an elected official).

You know...to protect democracy...
Trump wasn't "elected", either....

Jeebus MAGAs are stupid MoFos!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT