ADVERTISEMENT

preselected seeds at NCAA sites

GPRHAWK

HR MVP
Jul 1, 2005
Do they actually preselect which sites will have which seeds? I thought I saw that Omaha is getting 2 and 7 seeds on another thread and Lunardi currenlty has us as a 7 seed in Omaha. I always thought they tried to put the top 4 seeds as close as possible to their home if they are able, so was thinking UNI might have a good chance to be in Omaha if they were a 3 or 4 seed.

Originally posted by GPRHAWK:
Do they actually preselect which sites will have which seeds? I thought I saw that Omaha is getting 2 and 7 seeds on another thread and Lunardi currenlty has us as a 7 seed in Omaha. I always thought they tried to put the top 4 seeds as close as possible to their home if they are able, so was thinking UNI might have a good chance to be in Omaha if they were a 3 or 4 seed.
You were right in your previous assumption. It's all about proximity preference for the top seeds. You probably just forgot to look at who was the 2 seed in our bracket, and there's your answer.

It would be nice if we locked out and got Omaha with a 7 seed. I have tickets so would be nice if UNI or Iowa State were there too. I'm not sure they would put two teams from Iowa in Omaha and certainly they wouldn't put 3 Iowa teams there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT