ADVERTISEMENT

Preview of Wisconsin - Alabama

MadChemist

Scout Team
Aug 17, 2002
Driving to work this morning and listening to a Madison sports show - they had a sound bite of a review of the strengths of the Alabama football team that Wisconsin faces this next weekend - the in-depth analysis was not Paul Christ but Barry Alvarez. Somethings just don't change!

He is saying that Alvarez was on breaking the radio breaking down Alabama not Chryst.

Thank you for clarifying my thoughts. It is unusual to have the Athletic Director playing the role of the Head Football Coach - except in Madison.

Thank you for clarifying my thoughts. It is unusual to have the Athletic Director playing the role of the Head Football Coach - except in Madison.
There's a reason the last 2 coaches have got out of town and it's not the brats. Chryst will be ok with Barry running the show. As a hawk fan I'm happy chryst is the coach vs the other 2.

Yes, it's been soo terrible for Wisconsin.

This. It's unbelievable how many hawk fans haven't a clue about other programs outside of Iowa. Yet they are the first to complain when someone outside of the program gives an honest assessment about the Iowa program if it isn't filled roses and fairy farts.

Barry Alvarez is batting 1.000 right now when it comes to hiring football coaches. Paul Chryst was thrown in to the hot mess that is Pitt football and did a pretty good job considering he didn't have a team full of his football players.

Well, Chryst has a team full of the types of players he wants. He still has players he recruited to the team when he was the Wisconsin OC. Wisconsin is his dream job, and he's probably there to stay.

The hiring of Chryst doesn't mean Iowa will have an easier time with Wisconsin. It means that Wisconsin will continue to be a good to great team year in and out that Iowa will have to play.

Reactions: clickhere 01
Yes, it's been soo terrible for Wisconsin.
Don't believe I said it's been terrible for Wiscy - it's been very good. Please don't misrepresent what I said - what I said is I'm happy with the changes as a hawk fan. It's my opinion and I could be wrong - time will tell. What I am confident with is neither of the previous 2 Wiscy coaches would have lost to Iowa last year if they were coaching pitt. Either chryst's coaching was suspect or Iowa coaches did a great job with halftime adjustments which we know couldn't be the case right?

Don't believe I said it's been terrible for Wiscy - it's been very good. Please don't misrepresent what I said - what I said is I'm happy with the changes as a hawk fan. It's my opinion and I could be wrong - time will tell. What I am confident with is neither of the previous 2 Wiscy coaches would have lost to Iowa last year if they were coaching pitt. Either chryst's coaching was suspect or Iowa coaches did a great job with halftime adjustments which we know couldn't be the case right?

If those coaches were truly doing what BA wanted, what makes you think Chryst won't be as successful?

BA, is still there. Chryst was the engineer of lots of those offenses that were killing other teams. Chryst almost beat us with a freshman RB/DE. CJ Beatherd pulled that game out.

Tell you the truth I wish we had an AD who was as in tune as Barry. Alvarez not only knows about football, but he knows Wisconsin style football works. He has continued to grow the program in an administrative role. Football and Basketball are sky high up in Madison.

Look at the teams Barry is scheduling. How often do you think Alabama and LSU comes up to Wisconsin to grab recruits? Hint: not often

Guy is trying his best to expand the Wisconsin brand. Just look at their RB recruits.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT