ADVERTISEMENT

Pride unity flag in my kid's classroom! So much HBOT fodder...

So you’d be perfectly fine with an “All Lives Matter” flag then? Sure you would. I mean…equality and all.
I have no issue with it.

Personally I never understood why some aggrieved MAGA types took “Black Lives Matter” to mean “Black Lives Matter More”. I always saw it as “Black Lives Matter Too”.

The amount of tension in this country over an undeclared adverb is astounding.

Interesting question.

I'd say less bigot, more moron.
why-not-both.png

• Haha
Reactions: FlickShagwell
I have no issue with it.

Personally I never understood why some aggrieved MAGA types took “Black Lives Matter” to mean “Black Lives Matter More”. I always saw it as “Black Lives Matter Too”.

Wasn't there a Dem primary Debate question that asked "Do Black Lives Matter or do All Lives Matter?" I think it was asked to Bernie.

I have no issue with it.

Generally you're supposed to be circumspect when you invoke race. Clear message about a clear problem.

BLM chose dramatic and rather ambiguous language. . . And got all kinds of responses for it.

Pretty typical for you to come in, punch yourself in the dick, then claim victory.
Flag clearly became something progressives loved and then became associated with those people politically.

You look at somebody sporting the flag and then assume their politics. That's the problem.

Flag clearly became something progressives loved and then became associated with those people politically.

You look at somebody sporting the flag and then assume their politics. That's the problem.
Exactly.

It's thin-skinned conservatives who are butthurt by the notion that someone who supports tolerance may also have progressive political leanings.

Which makes it an asinine thing to complain about and seek the removal of.

Exactly.

It's thin-skinned conservatives who are butthurt by the notion that someone who supports tolerance may also have progressive political leanings.

Which makes it an asinine thing to complain about and seek the removal of.
They don't like the progressive positions. Supporting the flag is seen as being a member of that club, which they don't want. Like I pointed out earlier... the don't tread on me flag for example... I think most people can appreciate the core idea. Functionally when you see it? You assume a certain set of politic beliefs behind the flag bearer and don't want to be associated with them. So that flag is tinged a certain way with many people.

And I don't think a lot of progressives use the flag the way it was originally thought of anyway. LGBTQ became a weird thing in recent years.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
They don't like the progressive positions. Supporting the flag is seen as being a member of that club, which they don't want. Like I pointed out earlier... the don't tread on me flag for example... I think most people can appreciate the core idea. Functionally when you see it? You assume a certain set of politic beliefs behind the flag bearer and don't want to be associated with them. So that flag is tinged a certain way with many people.

And I don't think a lot of progressives use the flag the way it was originally thought of anyway. LGBTQ became a weird thing in recent years.
If I went to my kid's open house and there was a Don't Tread on Me Flag up, at most I'd roll my eyes and wonder if the teacher was using it to teach about the American Revolution or was one of the aforementioned thin-skinned bitch babies who think their rights are being trampled by "marxists"

What I would NOT do is cry about it online or ask for the school to demand its removal.

But then, I'm NOT a bitch baby. :)

My thought: the flag itself doesn't concern me. The character of a teacher who feels it's appropriate decor in an English classroom does concern me.

I'd have the same thought if there were a maga flag, one of those "don't tread on me" snake flags, etc.

What denomination is the school?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT