ADVERTISEMENT

Pride unity flag in my kid's classroom! So much HBOT fodder...

Because you only see it through your lens. Will you at least acknowledge that others view it as political and/or distinctly sexually themed? And therein lies the rub. A controversial symbol being placed in a school setting.
And some people view the American flag as political. Likewise with the Pledge of Allegiance. Why aren't you and the others who are worked up over this calling for the removal of those symbols?

Christ taught his followers to "go forth and SHOW love". I'd say this teacher get's Christ message and your kid has a very good teacher.

“Jesus strongly warns his followers against pride and teaches that true greatness comes from humility and service, not self-exaltation. He calls the proud ‘blind’ and makes it clear God opposes them.”

Reactions: KFsdisciple
How do I reply rationally to such an idiotic post? You're an imbecile.

I accept that you concede the point.

It is shocking to me that some may not have ever considered the exclusionary nature of the political movement that flag represents.

One might say idiotically inconsiderate.

Last edited:
What if he had a back the blue flag in his classroom? I'm sure this discussion would be much different on here...
Doubt it would.

“Jesus strongly warns his followers against pride and teaches that true greatness comes from humility and service, not self-exaltation. He calls the proud ‘blind’ and makes it clear God opposes them.”
Which translation does that come from?

Why does it have to be a political flag? It’s not like it is a Harris campaign poster. Very likely the teacher is letting the gay kids in the school know they have an ally. Apparently the school is a private Christian school. I imagine some gay kids might feel ostracized in that type of environment.

Oh the horror of a teacher who cares about those kids.
This is where I fall. Middle school is awful for all kids. Especially awful for lgbtq kids. I have to believe that it is even worse in a religious school. I would actually be surprised if this teacher does anything other than hang the flag as a way to let kids know that he is a safe person should they need support.

Back to school night at my kid's school, 7th grade. Private "Christian" School.

My wife attended with my 7th grader, and all the parents met in the English teacher's room, where he'd hung a flag like this one:

progress-pride-flag.jpg

My take is split:
My view against: How does this help the teacher teach 7th grade English better? How is it that I learned English without ever knowing the political or social views of my teachers.
This is unprofessional and inappropriate for the classroom. IMO there's no place for this, or maga flags, etc. In schools. The exception would be if a civics/social studies teacher had multiple flags of all sorts representing many viewpoints as fodder for discussion, etc.

My view for: My kid is going to be exposed to multiple viewpoints forever, and he needs to learn to work together with people of all kinds. Middle School is a reasonable time to start expanding those views understand things from multiple perspectives. This teacher is going to share things from a perspective he won't get at home, yet we'll have a chance to field those questions that arise from whatever influence/indoctrination this teacher tries (BTW the teacher isn't gay/trans/etc. He's a white male in his 40s married with boys the same age as mine. This is just virtue signaling).

What say you HBOT? Should I speak up to the school? Say anything? Or just kind of let it play out? What would YOU do?
Burn the SOB.........

The people who created the symbol have been very explicit about what it means and it most definitely is not intended as "sexual" or "political." It is a symbol advocating tolerance.

It seems absurd to me that that message has to be prohibited because some people don't take the symbol's creators at their word.

From the linked article in post #17:

But even though I’m proud to be gay, you won’t find me at any rallies this June. The Pride movement has been hijacked by a left-wing agenda, and some of its advocacy is actually setting gay people back.

A quick look at the national Pride website reveals not a neutral agenda advocating for all gay people, but a blatant endorsement of progressivism — even on issues that have little to do with gay rights. Advocate.com, a news website affiliated with the Pride movement, contains a glowing profile of gun-control advocate Emma Gonzalez on its homepage, even nominating her for their “Hall of Fame.” Another article openly calls on gay people to “fight for gun reform.”

LOL, one's personal pride.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT