ADVERTISEMENT

Primetime League?

Knothole Hawk

HR All-State
Apr 8, 2020
I can't believe the Primetime League hasn't been resurrected. It would be nice to have something else to talk about other than the WNBA, and their horrible management. Does anyone know if they're any other teams in the Big 10, that still have summer leagues? And if so why would it be so hard to bring back the PTL? Just wanted something else to discuss.

All I learned from the PTL was that the leading scorers don't matter - BUT, if someone struggles to score, we should be worried.

I miss going thru the videos to get an early look at Garza going up against Nunge, and all the rest. I'd love to see some of these new guys playing with and against each other. Just got me looking forward to the next season.

I miss going thru the videos to get an early look at Garza going up against Nunge, and all the rest. I'd love to see some of these new guys playing with and against each other. Just got me looking forward to the next season.
This might be the biggest reason to try to find a way to bring it back if that’s possible…helps maintain fan interest during the long offseason.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
It'd even be better if we had all the recent Hawks come back & play now that they're pro's. Garza, Weiskamp, Uthoff, White, Kris & Keegan, JBo, Woodbury and others. They should put on some exhibition games for NIL.

Reactions: ObeseMuffins
G
It'd even be better if we had all the recent Hawks come back & play now that they're pro's. Garza, Weiskamp, Uthoff, White, Kris & Keegan, JBo, Woodbury and others. They should put on some exhibition games for NIL.
Great idea! One of the all time coolest things I ever saw was the first Kenny Arnold benefit game in the 80's, two full teams of ex-Hawks going at it for a good cause. Vince Brookins after having played a couple of seasons in Europe was completely transformed as a player. The guys from the 69-70 team showed their age but still fun to watch. Two sets of twin towers, Krafcisin & Waite, along with Stokes & Payne. Bobby Hansen was in his NBA prime. Good times!

Last year we had a basketball game in Kinnick stadium with 50 thousand people to watch the ladies, and it had people excited about the women's team going into the season. We have had a lot of 4 year players at Iowa that people would love to see putting on an exhibition game. Do it before one of the football games in the fall like the black and gold scrimmage used to do. In this day of NIL, you don't know how long players will actually stick around for 4 years.

Reactions: Row55
Last year we had a basketball game in Kinnick stadium with 50 thousand people to watch the ladies, and it had people excited about the women's team going into the season. We have had a lot of 4 year players at Iowa that people would love to see putting on an exhibition game. Do it before one of the football games in the fall like the black and gold scrimmage used to do. In this day of NIL, you don't know how long players will actually stick around for 4 years.
The only trick involved - and I'm not disagreeing with you; is that there's a narrow window in early November when the weather still has a decent chance of being nice enough for basketball, and when basketball practice officially starts. What the women did is not easily repeatable.

Would be nice if men could return to the skins/shirts era like they used to do at Fieldhouse under Dr Tom.

Your right. I wasn't saying we had to do it in the football stadium. I think bringing in former Hawk players in Carver would be enough to get a crowd and build some excitement for the coming season. People were already excited about the coming women's season, as the crowd showed.

Reactions: sober_teacher
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT