ADVERTISEMENT

Projected team scores using Pre-seeds

AsicsFanatic

All-Conference
Feb 14, 2007
This is how the scoring looks if all the seeds hold and win the matches they are supposed to. It only takes in account of advancement points and place points. No way to predict bonus points.

Iowa 120.5
Ohio St 118.5
Minnesota 97
Nebraska 82.5
Penn St 81
Illinois 77
Wisconsin 75
Michigan 66.5
Northwestern 55.5
Rutgers 29.5
Purdue 29
Indiana 12.5
Maryland 5.5
Michigan St 0

Michigan St is not a typo they have nobody seeded in the top 8. Only top 8 get awarded points. Places ninth and lower are only for national qualifying they score no team points at Big Tens.
This post was edited on 3/2 4:59 PM by AsicsFanatic

I feel really good about this. I feel like Clark can do better than 5, Moore can do better than 7, Burak and Telford can do better than 4th. I think everyone wrestling to seed is a fairly conservative estimate of what the Hawks can do IF they show up to wrestle.

They could technically score points without an 8th place or better finish. You could lose first round drop down to the first round consy(depending on byes there will be at least 2 matches and could be 3), win that and then lose your next match.

It's been a three-horse race all year, and it'll be a three-horse race to the end. Go Hawks.

If there really is only a two-point gap in placement points between Iowa and Ohio State, the Buckies will win the title by 10 points or more. On the upside, somewhere in a kitchen near Columbus, Tom Ryan is busy tonight cooking up another batch of his underachiever stew ...

This has become a question I ask at least once a year but how/why does Tom Minkel still have a job? What a joke.

Originally posted by CholleyVandine:
If there really is only a two-point gap in placement points between Iowa and Ohio State, the Buckies will win the title by 10 points or more. On the upside, somewhere in a kitchen near Columbus, Tom Ryan is busy tonight cooking up another batch of his underachiever stew ...
I'm not following you. If there is a 2 point gap wouldn't Iowa win by 2 points?

Originally posted by HawkTitan:
This has become a question I ask at least once a year but how/why does Tom Minkel still have a job? What a joke.
Apparently MSU thinks that lowly of wrestling.

Originally posted by Stanley75:
Bonus points.

Originally posted by WEH8ST8HAWK:

Originally posted by Stanley75:

Bonus points.
AKA Streeblur and BoJo...

Iowa-Wins and while not a huge point spread, it will be decisive.
Minnesota- Big10 runners up. they will have a mid tournament surge but not enough to win.
Penn St- They do well in big tournaments and will surprise tOSU for 3rd.
Ohio St- stars will shine but they will falter with their bench. 4th.
Nebraska-Usual Tournament
Illinois-Usual Tournament
Wisconsin-Usual Tournament
Michigan -Usual Tournament
Northwestern-Usual Tournament

Read this in a fortune cookie in an airport in Minnesota.
I think (which means my opinion based on gut and not research) that Gilman, Clark, Sorenson, Kelly, Evans, Brooks, Burak and Telford have a strong tournament. I have a feeling watching one practice (again, just gut) that the Mizzo match left a bad taste and they are wanting to cover it up with a good performance. Jeva and Moore wrestle to seed +/- a place. (more likely minus) Qualify but unless they are struck by emotional lightning they have never been struck by before, they will do what they have been doing.

I have been accused of being silly or thoughtless in my picks. Maybe so but I am a fan through and through and expect my team to do well. Here is my outlook, for better or worse. All gut feeling and a little time communing with the spirit world through my use of the last dose of pain meds from my hip and knee surgery. (be kind...)

I like the Gilman/Delgato match up. Got to get there but I feel like Gilman can make finals and put on a good show. stays with basics and attacks, he could very wel catch delgato.
Clark makes semi's, drops to Dardanes comes back at takes 3rd. He is tough and has gone with these guys enough that with focus he can over-achieve he seed.
Jeva best case in my book is to hit his seed. He has the ability to be 4th but I just don't see it.
Sorenson has a nice path to finals just having a "good" day. To be the champ, where I think he should be, he must wrestle T-Shirt harder and push the pace. He can not for one minute let T-shirt have any control over pace. If he does he loses a 2 point match to him. If he stays in control, he beats him in regulation. My spider senses tell me no over time this go around.
Kelly has a good tournament and places 5th. the spirit world is not telling me why.
Moore struggles and makes seed.
Evans has an out of body semi and bring order to the Brown match. I don't see him having a great match against Kokesh until he breaths St. Louis air.
Brooks puts it all together and is a champ!
Burak is tough. My spirit guide is fuzzy on him. All I see is one upset (better word is reversal of outcome) in this tournament. 1st or 3rd. No in-between.
Telfod is my favorite heavy since The Big "O". Odds are 3rd in my book but he has the tools, talent and desire to open up and win it. So, silly or not, I got the horse to win.

This post was edited on 3/2 8:01 PM by 255

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT