ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tournament Session 5 Thread

I would like to see more parity. I love watching the race for 2nd and 3rd. That being said, the PSU kids do not show boat as much as many wrestlers do and they seem to be respectful for the most part when they win. You never see Cael throwing a fit (a chair maybe) or making a scene with an official. They are a fairly classy bunch.

Hard to dislike them.

Now as far as getting soft - we will let your wife speak to that. ;-)
Ohhhhh yoooooooouuuuuuu

I'm not picking him to win, but I'm curious to see how Welsh comes out against Star. He doesn't seem like to type to play it overly cautious. Star has been taken down multiple times this weekend, so Welsh at least has a shot.
Agreed. Somebody needs to go after him and he’s last chance. The others were scared. I want to see star face 7 minutes of leg attacks and push the pace.

Reactions: The-Dude-Abides
I'm not picking him to win, but I'm curious to see how Welsh comes out against Star. He doesn't seem like to type to play it overly cautious. Star has been taken down multiple times this weekend, so Welsh at least has a shot.
I've seen Welsh around a half dozen times since he became the starter for Brutus. All his matches against better opponents (including Starocci before his injury) have been close, low-scoring affairs, with the win going to whoever can score a single TD. Welsh doesn't attack a lot, but he does apply a good deal of forward pressure and looks for his spots to shoot. He is difficult to score on.

I expect another close, low-scoring match in the 174 final tonight. It won't be easy, and Starocci will have to earn it.

Last edited:
Reactions: The-Dude-Abides
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT