ADVERTISEMENT

Prom shotgun photos - funny or tacky?

Mq2OQzKUvvJ97ahhV6dYp0XjPcy-BKeN-dwa8UtBJjM.jpg
First thing I thought of...."Aw man, I shot Marvin in the face."

p
3 shot at after-prom party
Associated Press
DES MOINES — Three Iowa teenagers were shot and injured after some uninvited guests showed up to an after-prom party.
Des Moines Police Sgt. Paul Parizek said about 200 people were at the party before the shooting was reported around 12:30 a.m. Sunday.
Two 18-year-old men and a 17-year-old girl were wounded in the shooting, but they are all expected to survive. All three were being treated at hospitals Sunday.
Parizek said the shooting happened during a fight that broke out after a group of uninvited guests arrived at the party, and several shots were fired.
No arrests were immediately reported and police did not identify the victims.
public school

Guns should not be used as props for jokes.
It's completely inappropriate, and minimizes and normalizes, the threat of violence.
Tell that to every Iowa family that visited Adventureland and did the old timey cowboy/saloon picture.

What are the odds those were not real guns when many of us had them taken in the 70/80's?

I was like 5, holding a heavy gun across my chest, aimed near my taller brother...he would of been pissed...lol.

Can't be too careful these days when she gets knocked up, forced to have the child, and you have to help raise it because the male kid doesn't have any responsibility to the daughter. The way things are going, dads are going to want a "proof of vasectomy" before letting some guy date their daughter.

Yes because there is no legal ways preventing pregnancy. :rolleyes:

Reactions: notlongago
In all fairness if her dad knew all the different things we did on prom the gun might have been appropriate.

Right, because as a woman if something goes wrong with your birth control the state can now take control of your body. The man? He may have to pay some money if a judge decides it's necessary.

The law pretty much says that it is necessary if she has physical custody.

And the state is preventing you from killing your child.

Friends of mine just posted some photos of their daughter posting with her date and dad standing in the background with a shotgun - yuck, yuck, yuck.
Is this really funny to anyone?
When I say "friends" I mean she was a friend and she married this giant bag of tools.
LOL @ folks who thought #SCOTUS didn't have a plan to replace Roe v Wade

Which is a potential child, not a child. Ask any woman who has had a miscarriage.

Most women I know who have had miscarriages viewed them as their children and were emotionally distraught by the miscarriage.

So in my view it's a child. I think when it comes to human life we should probably be on the safe side. Don't want to find out in the end that you supported polices that killed more people than Hitler could have ever dreamed. I would rather err the other way. Because all you are asking of people in my case is that they exercise sexual restraint and responsibility. I know that is foreign in this day and age, but it can be done.

Most women I know who have had miscarriages viewed them as their children and were emotionally distraught by the miscarriage.

So in my view it's a child. I think when it comes to human life we should probably be on the safe side. Don't want to find out in the end that you supported polices that killed more people than Hitler could have ever dreamed. I would rather err the other way. Because all you are asking of people in my case is that they exercise sexual restraint and responsibility. I know that is foreign in this day and age, but it can be done.
It's reductionist theory that places all the weight on women. Sperm are potential babies too. Why not ban masturbation as well?
Abstinence doesn't work. It never has. You want to reduce abortions? Then make education and contraception easy and affordable. Study after study has proven this to be the way.
BTW, pretty sure you lose this argument by invoking hitler.

Also, evidently all these badass dads with guns never had premarital sex. That’s too bad for them.

It's reductionist theory that places all the weight on women. Sperm are potential babies too. Why not ban masturbation as well?
Abstinence doesn't work. It never has. You want to reduce abortions? Then make education and contraception easy and affordable. Study after study has proven this to be the way.
BTW, pretty sure you lose this argument by invoking hitler.

I don't have a problem with sex education and contraception being widely available.

Right, because as a woman if something goes wrong with your birth control the state can now take control of your body. The man? He may have to pay some money if a judge decides it's necessary.
Are you advocating the male in the equation has some say on keeping the baby?

Which is a potential child, not a child. Ask any woman who has had a miscarriage.
Once conceived, what percent of zygotes dont grow into a human? And of those that don't, what do they grow in to? What are they "potentially" giving birth to? Other species? Inanimate objects? Is that where the newest iphones come from??

Once conceived, what percent of zygotes dont grow into a human? And of those that don't, what do they grow in to? What are they "potentially" giving birth to? Other species? Inanimate objects? Is that where the newest iphones come from??
Two-thirds of all human embryos fail to develop successfully. 66%. Yet republicans are determined to insist that it's a child once it's conceived.
To answer your question - what do they grow into? Nothing. They fail in the womb and are naturally aborted.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
Two-thirds of all human embryos fail to develop successfully. 66%. Yet republicans are determined to insist that it's a child once it's conceived.
To answer your question - what do they grow into? Nothing. They fail in the womb and are naturally aborted.
So its impossible for them to grow into anything other than a human?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT