ADVERTISEMENT

PSA - Girl Scout Cookies

The Girl Scouts in our town are a defunct organization. There are several girls here that are members of the boy scouts. The Girl Scouts jumped the shark when they started merit badges for things like "housekeeping" "fashion" "grocery shopping" "sewing" etc.

Not sure about the new overlords, but this would definitely have been taken down with the old regime. There was a promotion rule to avoid spam.

Is the first order free?
crack-crackhead.gif

A few days ago I read a bizarre news story -- the opening sentence was...

"The Canadian equivalent of the Girl Scouts is dropping the name “Brownie,” the membership branch of some of its youngest scouts, after current and former scouts raised concern that it could harm Black members and girls of color."

Is there no end to political correctness and inclusivity?? Grrrr!!

Is the first order free?
I wish...I've heard of other moms having a wine pairing party where they sample the cookies and pair them with wines...basically a night to drink wine with friends...but I cant setup shop outside a bar because it looks bad...

Not really wrestling related, but if you're needing a fix for girl scout cookies, my daughter would love to be your dealer. Below is her personalized link for online sales.

Any help would be appreciated by her to meet her sales goals.
Go Hawks!

https://app.abcsmartcookies.com/#/social-link-landing/066685de-da89-4c73-8265-fe4b1f812a05
Lol You DO realize that is now a pretty well known cannabis strain? I’ll prolly order some from her just because of your cross reference…

"The Canadian equivalent of the Girl Scouts is dropping the name “Brownie,” the membership

"The Canadian equivalent of the Girl Scouts is dropping the name “Brownie,” the membership branch of some of its youngest scouts, after current and former scouts raised concern that it could harm Black members and girls of color."

branch of some of its youngest scouts, after current and former scouts raised concern that it could harm Black members and girls of color."

The article is about actual segregation and thats what you took away? Jesus…

The article is about actual segregation and thats what you took away? Jesus…
Segregation?? I have no idea where you get that from! There was no segregation going on. Black and Hispanic girls were not segregated from white girls, nor denied admission into the Brownies. It was simply a case of some people coming up with the irrational idea that the word "Brownies" could be misconstrued as referring to skin color, and therefore make certain girls feel uneasy. In my opinion, that thinking is sheer stupidity!

Not really wrestling related, but if you're needing a fix for girl scout cookies, my daughter would love to be your dealer. Below is her personalized link for online sales.

Go Hawks!

https://app.abcsmartcookies.com/#/social-link-landing/066685de-da89-4c73-8265-fe4b1f812a05
Lol I’ll find out what my friend likes and put in a little order. (I’ve been trying to kick sugar.) But what harm are a couple little peanut butter Pattie’s, eh?

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
Segregation?? I have no idea where you get that from! There was no segregation going on. Black and Hispanic girls were not segregated from white girls, nor denied admission into the Brownies. It was simply a case of some people coming up with the irrational idea that the word "Brownies" could be misconstrued as referring to skin color, and therefore make certain girls feel uneasy. In my opinion, that thinking is sheer stupidity!
You must not have read the article, bro.

Reactions: Trapper85
Wow, you definitely didn’t read the article… yet still felt the need to bring it up. Weird.

Go Hawks!

Hey buddy, will you ship to Nashville? I'll support your daughter. Let me know that you will ship and I'll jump in and order. :)

Reactions: el dub

Go Hawks!

Bought four boxes. Those were the most expensive girl scout cookies ever ($5.00 per box plus $14.99 S&H), but I love supporting our fan base! :)

Bought four boxes. Those were the most expensive girl scout cookies ever ($5.00 per box plus $14.99 S&H), but I love supporting our fan base! :)
Much appreciated! From a cost value standpoint...you could have ordered 9 boxes and got half off shipping...and more cookies!

34.99 for 4 = 8.75 box
52.50 for 9 = 5.83 box

What is more disappointing to me, despite whatever success she has is that her troop will get $.65 of each box sold...which means $4.35 goes to the bakery, GSA, and the regional council...

Much appreciated! From a cost value standpoint...you could have ordered 9 boxes and got half off shipping...and more cookies!

34.99 for 4 = 8.75 box
52.50 for 9 = 5.83 box

What is more disappointing to me, despite whatever success she has is that her troop will get $.65 of each box sold...which means $4.35 goes to the bakery, GSA, and the regional council...
You're right, Luther...that is extremely disappointing! Poor kids bust their butts to get $.65 per box. Ugh!

Reactions: Grip220 and el dub
Not sure about the new overlords, but this would definitely have been taken down with the old regime. There was a promotion rule to avoid spam.
Are you the person that called the cops on the kids for the lemonade stand?? 😆

• Haha
Wow, you definitely didn’t read the article… yet still felt the need to bring it up. Weird.
Who needs to read when some pundit can tell you what it said. ;)
That said, I always thought that it was weird when my 5th grade teacher tossed a guy from class because he said that I wanted to eat a brownie. Looks to me that some words matter more to folks than some others. ;)

Reactions: Drake__Mallard
Update on the progress:

My daughter has really been working hard and selling her inventory. Saturday and Sunday we took the neighbor girl around 3 different neighborhoods (about 2 hours each day) and they sold over 100 boxes. We're going to another neighborhood where we've been told no one has been hit up yet. Right now she is sitting at 278 sold, her goal is 510, so she's over half way done after the first weekend. I'm proud of her tenacity...i just hope that it is sustained for another few weeks!

Update on the progress:

My daughter has really been working hard and selling her inventory. Saturday and Sunday we took the neighbor girl around 3 different neighborhoods (about 2 hours each day) and they sold over 100 boxes. We're going to another neighborhood where we've been told no one has been hit up yet. Right now she is sitting at 278 sold, her goal is 510, so she's over half way done after the first weekend. I'm proud of her tenacity...i just hope that it is sustained for another few weeks!
That's awesome, Luther! I love seeing that energy!

When you put it in the context of them doing all that work, spending all that time and showing that much ambition and dedication to only make $65 for their troop, while the fat cats get fatter off their efforts, is disgusting.

Bump for LutherAce. Got 5 — knew better than to take them home, where I would have pounded them down like a high school wrestler right after weigh-ins. Left them at the office for the staff to devour them. Saved a couple of pounds and earned some brownie points at work. Win-win.

Now can we get this young lady over 500?

Last edited:
Bump for LutherAce. Got 5 — knew better than to take them home, where I would have pounded them down like a high school wrestler right after weigh-ins. Left them at the office for the staff to devour them. Saved a couple of pounds and earned some brownie point at work. Win-win.

Now can we get this young lady over 500?
Ellen was a real nice lady and said that you will probably need to get some more! :)

The Girl Scouts in our town are a defunct organization. There are several girls here that are members of the boy scouts. The Girl Scouts jumped the shark when they started merit badges for things like "housekeeping" "fashion" "grocery shopping" "sewing" etc.
Boy Scout cookies? No thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT