ADVERTISEMENT

PSA: Starship's 3rd Integrated Test Flight tentatively scheduled for Pi Day March 14th

It's easy to love the engineering and excitement of space advances. Don't have to love the guy or the progressive privatization and abandonment of space exploration and development as a national adventure.

Too many of the big things that Americans have been able to be proud of in the past are now becoming the toys of the rich or the territory of corporations. And yet we taxpayers still pay for them.

I'm not at all saying there's no place for private enterprise in these ventures, but I feel like we've gone too far in various arenas and don't want to see the public lose control of this one.

Spacex has saved the American taxpayers billions of dollars via low cost space flight.

Spacex is a success because it is a private company.

Spacex has saved the American taxpayers billions of dollars via low cost space flight.

Spacex is a success because it is a private company.
SpaceX gets billion from the government. They get billions from investors. They have been operating in the red for their entire existence.

Last edited:
Reactions: GOHOX69
Hahaha @Joes Place @GOHOX69

giphy.gif

Reactions: h-hawk
Huh?

All I'd stated was that he 2nd launch wasn't going to be anywhere close to "6 months out".

And no waiver should be granted here, unless the environmental impacts are evaluated fully.

You also said the environment was ‘destroyed’ and getting approval for another launch would be impossible, lawsuits, yada yada. Guess the federal agencies disagree with your take.

Enjoy the launches while SpaceX works to push humanity forward.

You also said the environment was ‘destroyed’ and getting approval for another launch would be impossible

"impossible"?

Don't recall making that claim. Unless you're referring to "another launch w/o the proper blast protections" that would spread debris for miles from the launch site and pollute sensitive wetlands.

"impossible"?

Don't recall making that claim. Unless you're referring to "another launch w/o the proper blast protections" that would spread debris for miles from the launch site and pollute sensitive wetlands.
Jesus, Joe- Don’t you ever get tired of being a complete Moran when it comes to space exploration?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT