ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue PBP

No. He wouldn’t. He’s a freaking Hawk and should be treated as such! Comments like this are total BS, and honestly, it’s POS comments like this that really make me question humanity. This kid is out there doing what he can in a position that a lot of folks wouldn’t have the balls to step up to the challenge and face. No clue if you’re a troll (which I really hope you are) because I’m pretty sure you’re not a Hawk fan. And while I’m at it: I pray his parents aren’t on this page. Hell, I have tough skin, and can take it. I look forward to my kid having a bad night so I can come read all the trash there is to say about him. But I’m wired a little different. Everyone isn’t though. So y’all, just remember some of these guys are still teenage kids. Giving their best effort under the big lights. Riggins WILL find his mojo. Might not be tomorrow. But he’ll find it. Or that I am certain.

Go freaking hawks…

Post script: these opinions are my own and do not represent any group…. And I still love most of y’all. Ok, maybe not most, but some at least. OK, maybe just a few, it depends the day of the week….
Love your honesty. I don’t like half of the dimwits on this forum. Hell, half of these dimwits might not like me but it isn’t going to stop me from going ice fishing in a few minutes.

Again...this isn't a knock on Riggins.

I just opined that I don't see a path to Riggins being a regular in the lineup going forward. He's a 165/174.
Unless he hangs around until Caliendo graduates and you have a Glazier situation where AR wins a spot as a redshirt senior.
Gabe holds down 174 with more eligibility than AR.
No, it was a knock on Riggens as many have pointed out. Maybe you should head over to the Wartburg message boards for a bit, you’re not wanted here.

No. He wouldn’t. He’s a freaking Hawk and should be treated as such! Comments like this are total BS, and honestly, it’s POS comments like this that really make me question humanity. This kid is out there doing what he can in a position that a lot of folks wouldn’t have the balls to step up to the challenge and face. No clue if you’re a troll (which I really hope you are) because I’m pretty sure you’re not a Hawk fan. And while I’m at it: I pray his parents aren’t on this page. Hell, I have tough skin, and can take it. I look forward to my kid having a bad night so I can come read all the trash there is to say about him. But I’m wired a little different. Everyone isn’t though. So y’all, just remember some of these guys are still teenage kids. Giving their best effort under the big lights. Riggins WILL find his mojo. Might not be tomorrow. But he’ll find it. Or that I am certain.

Go freaking hawks…

Post script: these opinions are my own and do not represent any group…. And I still love most of y’all. Ok, maybe not most, but some at least. OK, maybe just a few, it depends the day of the week….
Great post Phil. It's refreshing seeing people call the assholes out. They're a loud small anonymous group that mostly run unchecked on here.. The majority are great, they just don't post much. More of them need to call those "fans" out.

Again...this isn't a knock on Riggins.

I just opined that I don't see a path to Riggins being a regular in the lineup going forward. He's a 165/174.
Unless he hangs around until Caliendo graduates and you have a Glazier situation where AR wins a spot as a redshirt senior.
Gabe holds down 174 with more eligibility than AR.
It's called room battles remember those . Now it's let's go somewhere else where it's easier. Most of you obviously don't know Aiden Riggins. All the kid knows is hard work and determination.

Glazier is wrestling with confidence right now and he's been a real surprise this year. However, he's wrestled the equivalent of a Big10 West football schedule so far.
And he won’t have much opportunity besides Brooks. His remaining matches.

Go freaking hawks…

TRUTH!

Being senile, I spaced off the meet.
Just plowed through the 6 pages.
THANKS to all that provided the commentary.

Reactions: el dub
Do you think he was hesitant to take a lot of shots knowing Ramos is a big move guy??
I wasn't surprised at the result. My inclination is that Ramos is better than Ayala but it isn't a wide gap. Ayala has a lot of nice tools but I haven't seen the consistency to make me feel confident that he can beat a number of top guys in a row in the tourney. That said I don't look at that weight and think he isn't capable of winning those matches. But I think he needs to show more consistency.

Agree these clueless posters trashing Riggins are cowards. The kid is outmatched but giving it his all competing up a few weight classes as an underclassman to help the team.
NO ONE is trashing Riggins, but being a starter next season is going to be a challenge at 165/174. And he's gonna have to add 20lbs if 184 is a consideration. If he's happy in the room under the current scenario, that's great.
My original post was in regards to a path to being competitive as a starter at the college level.
We all admire his effort as a considerably undersized 184.

A program like Iowa can't have this situation, gambling thingy or not.

JFC

• Haha
Reactions: nwHawkwrestlingfan
Glazier is wrestling with confidence right now and he's been a real surprise this year. However, he's wrestled the equivalent of a Big10 West football schedule so far.

Technically he beat a former NCAA champ this season. ;) And that match plus Alred is a significantly tougher schedule than Big10 west football.

Reactions: Lambertt
NO ONE is trashing Riggins, but being a starter next season is going to be a challenge at 165/174. And he's gonna have to add 20lbs if 184 is a consideration. If he's happy in the room under the current scenario, that's great.
My original post was in regards to a path to being competitive as a starter at the college level.
We all admire his effort as a considerably undersized 184.

A program like Iowa can't have this situation, gambling thingy or not.

JFC
Not many teams have 4 184s . Assad and Swafford plus Nelson was a possibility at 184 as well.

I can see the Glazier situation happening.
Glazier v Warner right now, who ya got if it was to happen?
I'm not sure that Glazier wouldn't take him out. He's wrestling like a mad man.
I’d like to see this question posed after NCAA’s.
Warner wrestled best at Nationals and has historical results the top guys. Glacier hasn’t seen the best of the best yet, however, I anticipate good results in many of those matches.
6 weeks ago it would have been considered silly to pose the question.

Reactions: Lionfan44
Technically he beat a former NCAA champ this season. ;) And that match plus Alred is a significantly tougher schedule than Big10 west football.
But he didn't...and Allred is a perfect analogy to Big10 west football. Good, tough win but not a top end win.

Run the Big10 minus Brooks, beat Okie and finish top 3 at BTT and he'll be a top 8 seed.

But for now Glazier doesn't have a top 12 win and that is keeping his ranking down.

Reactions: el dub
I can see the Glazier situation happening.
Glazier v Warner right now, who ya got if it was to happen?
I'm not sure that Glazier wouldn't take him out. He's wrestling like a mad man.

I’d like to see this question posed after NCAA’s.
Warner wrestled best at Nationals and has historical results the top guys. Glacier hasn’t seen the best of the best yet, however, I anticipate good results in many of those matches.
6 weeks ago it would have been considered silly to pose the question.
Are we still hating on a guy who was a 4x AA and a finalist?

I love the way Glazier is competing but get back to me when he has a win over an AA.

He's game, he's just a 174 freshman. This may pay big dividends down the road.
Edit: Is Riggins wrestling up 3 weights? He's pretty big, can't imagine him going less than 65.
Random side note. The guy who defeated Riggins (James Rowley) is my cousin once removed. (Cousin's son).

Last edited:
Are we still hating on a guy who was a 4x AA and a finalist?

I love the way Glazier is competing but get back to me when he has a win over an AA.
Nope, I am not hating on Warner one bit. He was much more consistent at Nationals than in dual meets IMHO.

Glazier has a lot to prove at Big Tens and Natty’s.

To answer the question today, no he wouldn’t beat Warner. If he had been able to in the past he would have had the spot.

Perhaps one of the reasons Warner had a great career is because Glazier pushed him harder more than anyone would have realized. IF Glazier finishes top 4 then I’d like to see that match.

my thought was ayala thought he could wear him down then own 3rd period
The problem is that Ramos is inconsistent, but when he's motivated to prove a point and in a big match, he comes out strong. I think he was definitely feeling it last night and that carried him through the match

Reactions: 12tdsaw
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT