ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue PBP

Wrestling up 3 weight classes for the team because there is no alternative. Doesn't need dbag comments from keyboard champs like MitchL.
Was it a dbag shot? Everyone appreciates Riggins and would like to see him wrestle at his optimal weight and do well. I don’t want to see him get lost in the depth chart and I would like to see him wrestle at 165 anywhere.

Who else are they going to send out? He's doing the team a favor at this point.
He's game, he's just a 174 freshman. This may pay big dividends down the road.
Edit: Is Riggins wrestling up 3 weights? He's pretty big, can't imagine him going less than 65.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Ayala - "Didn't do enough" (Ironside...agree...offense, offense)
Schriever - Slow start, strong finish
Woods - Strong start, slow finish
VV - Strong start, strong finish
Franek - Didn't learn his lesson, almost got burned again
Caliendo - Wrestled tough against a p*ssy who did everything he could to slow it down, including bl*wing the ref for a stall call
Kennedy - Tough as nails
Riggins - N/A
Glazier - Looked great
Hill - Looked very good

6 of 8 matches with bonus points
Ref - F for 2 egregious stall calls
Brands: "More attempts. More falls."

Entertaining dual meet. Ayala will repay that a-hole at B1Gs & NCAAs. Onwards.

That can’t be true Iowa doesn’t develop anyone.
Haters Trolls GIF by Shelly Saves the Day

Riggens is wrestling up two weight classes , get lost clown.
No shit, give the kid a break. A freshman 65 trying to wrestle at 84.
Kudos to Riggens too, he goes out and gives 100% He doesn't lay down for any of these guys. I'm calling it, maybe not next year, but I think he's going to earn himself a spot.
Trial by fire.
Wrestling all these 84's, he gets his hands on some 65's or 74's a year or 2 from now he's going to be like, who are these weaklings? I will kill them now. Lol

Fuck Off I Hate You GIF by Film Riot

Riggens is wrestling up two weight classes , get lost clown.
Again...this isn't a knock on Riggins.

I just opined that I don't see a path to Riggins being a regular in the lineup going forward. He's a 165/174.
Unless he hangs around until Caliendo graduates and you have a Glazier situation where AR wins a spot as a redshirt senior.
Gabe holds down 174 with more eligibility than AR.

Again...this isn't a knock on Riggins.

I just opined that I don't see a path to Riggins being a regular in the lineup going forward. He's a 165/174.
Unless he hangs around until Caliendo graduates and you have a Glazier situation where AR wins a spot as a redshirt senior.
Gabe holds down 174 with more eligibility than AR.
I can see the Glazier situation happening.
Glazier v Warner right now, who ya got if it was to happen?
I'm not sure that Glazier wouldn't take him out. He's wrestling like a mad man.

Riggins would probably be a good fit at Wartburg next season.

Props for giving Iowa a shot.
No. He wouldn’t. He’s a freaking Hawk and should be treated as such! Comments like this are total BS, and honestly, it’s POS comments like this that really make me question humanity. This kid is out there doing what he can in a position that a lot of folks wouldn’t have the balls to step up to the challenge and face. No clue if you’re a troll (which I really hope you are) because I’m pretty sure you’re not a Hawk fan. And while I’m at it: I pray his parents aren’t on this page. Hell, I have tough skin, and can take it. I look forward to my kid having a bad night so I can come read all the trash there is to say about him. But I’m wired a little different. Everyone isn’t though. So y’all, just remember some of these guys are still teenage kids. Giving their best effort under the big lights. Riggins WILL find his mojo. Might not be tomorrow. But he’ll find it. Or that I am certain.

Go freaking hawks…

Post script: these opinions are my own and do not represent any group…. And I still love most of y’all. Ok, maybe not most, but some at least. OK, maybe just a few, it depends the day of the week….

Post script: these opinions are my own and do not represent any group…. And I still love most of y’all. Ok, maybe not most, but some at least. OK, maybe just a few, it depends the day of the week….
Que Bilbo’s speech:

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT