ADVERTISEMENT

Pyles and Saylor Thawing?

GracefromAbove

Scout Team
Mar 4, 2020
As much Guiding Light as an actual wrestling discussion, but did anyone else notice that within four days of Christian Pyles imploring people to "quash your beefs if you can" while posting a picture of ASUs Bubba Jenkins and Frank Molinaro, William Smalls Saylor mentioned publicly that Saylor has begun listening to FRL again, that seeing Saylor's old friend Mrs. Pyles at Nationals in passing made Saylor ask himself if it was time to stop being bitter, and that it is time for Willie to have a conversation with Christian?

Not that anyone else in the Cesspool cares in the slightest since we all have essential, non-drama wrestling discussions to have like which Ferraris are coming to Iowa.

FRL hasn't been the same without Willie, I've barely listened to it since he left. CP + Willie was good wrestling radio. Glad to hear they squashed the beef.

sunny-squashes-beefs-onthenose-1.gif

Hate to say it, but Willie >>>>>> Askren.

I actually like listening to Willie. He has some really good information and viewpoints. If he would only grow up a little and stop acting like a tool on message boards . . .

Askren’s knowledge of wrestling technique is very good but his knowledge of high school wrestlers is mostly limited to his club wrestlers and who they have wrestled. He also has inside knowledge of University of Missouri wrestling but has little insight into most other college programs Including Iowa.

I’ve always thought it funny when dudes get so worked up over Willie’s posts, it’s pretty good content for a laugh. I thought he was a really good resource at Flo as he has a lot connections with HS kids. Askren is just awful IMHO. He seems so bored, brings no energy. Essentially he was an elite wrestler and apparently for whoever hired him, that’s enough. Willie and Pyles were a good team and Bader makes fantastic video content. Flo is a much worse product without Willie.

FRL hasn't been the same without Willie, I've barely listened to it since he left. CP + Willie was good wrestling radio. Glad to hear they squashed the beef.

sunny-squashes-beefs-onthenose-1.gif
I still listen too it all the time and Willie having a separate gig is great just more variety.

Reactions: AaronJDixon
Does Willie do a podcast on his own now? I agree I listened religiously back in the Willie/CP days but Askren just made the show boring.

Does Willie do a podcast on his own now? I agree I listened religiously back in the Willie/CP days but Askren just made the show boring.

pretty sure all of willie's content is on rokfin. I really should subscribe because I always enjoyed willie's content I just honestly haven't yet

I LOVED the t-row and funky show - they didn't seem to try to cover wrestling world as a whole but more picked a few things/matches/athletes to talk about and talked about technique, criticism and added their insight. Askren is too scatterbrained in my opinion to cover wrestling as a whole.

As much Guiding Light as an actual wrestling discussion, but did anyone else notice that within four days of Christian Pyles imploring people to "quash your beefs if you can" while posting a picture of ASUs Bubba Jenkins and Frank Molinaro, William Smalls Saylor mentioned publicly that Saylor has begun listening to FRL again, that seeing Saylor's old friend Mrs. Pyles at Nationals in passing made Saylor ask himself if it was time to stop being bitter, and that it is time for Willie to have a conversation with Christian?

Not that anyone else in the Cesspool cares in the slightest since we all have essential, non-drama wrestling discussions to have like which Ferraris are coming to Iowa.
giphy.gif

Reactions: GracefromAbove
When FRL was Willie, CP, and Bratke is when it was at it's best. a good combination of personalities and speaking styles, enough differences of opinion. Neither guy REALLY deferred to each other, since while Willie was a way better wrestler than CP, it wasn't the kind of difference in levels of a guy like Askren. Mainly, though, Willie is just better informed about what's going on in the current wrestling landscape w/ the athletes, especially high school, than Askren is; Askren's biggest plus is his coaching side and technical analysis.

Last edited:

I actually like listening to Willie. He has some really good information and viewpoints. If he would only grow up a little and stop acting like a tool on message boards . . .
So much this! Willie has seemed to tone it down a bit and maybe isn’t posting while drunk as much. I’m actually considering subscribing to rofkin now because he has a lot of knowledge.

When FRL was Willie, CP, and Bratke is was it's best. a good combination of personalities and speaking styles, enough differences of opinion. Neither guy REALLY deferred to each other, since while Willie was a way better wrestler than CP, it wasn't the kind of difference in levels of a guy like Askren. Mainly, though, Willie is just better informed about what's going on in the current wrestling landscape w/ the athletes, especially high school, than Askren is; Askren's biggest plus is his coaching side and technical analysis.
Agree that was the peak of FRL. Askren is dumber than Nomad which says a lot. It was at least still listenable with Bratke there, when he left it became unbearable.

Reactions: honkey69
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT