ADVERTISEMENT

2025 Recruiting Officially Begins Tomorrow (June 15th)

LaxHawk174

HR All-American
Jan 15, 2014
Whose front yards should our coaches be camped out in tonight?

We have a good chance to stack a really strong 3 class core (2023-2024-2025).

I know the Cortez brothers out of Cali (Isaiah and Elijah) have both visited on their own dime, same as LaDarian Lockett from Stillwater. Lockett will probably be between us and Okie State. I notice the hawk guys going after Lockett hard on social media.

Elijah Cortez #58 by FLO, #17 by Matscouts (I would assume discrepancy is because FLO didn't update big board after the Open, but Willie did)
Isaiah Cortez #19 by FLO, #18 by Matscouts
LaDarian Lockett #6 by FLO, #2 by Matscouts

They would seem like an obvious start.

I was thinking Correa for a future 197 would be a possible option. However, I noticed his Mom posting on a facebook wrestling group about him possibly wrestling heavyweight in college. Makes me think he might be a heavyweight recruit, in which case - we'd be better off targeting Ross in 2026 to replace Kueter. (Correa consensus #5 by FLO and Matscouts)

I think you kick the tires with PJ Duke. Willie seems to think Duke will be between Cornell and PSU, but why not try - he's consensus #1 p4p by FLO and Matscouts.

I don't think Anthony Knox is in the books. He was actively campaigning for Angelo to go to Rutgers on his recruitment posts and was openly disappointed that he chose Iowa. Whoever posted he walks around with Iowa stuff on was full of it lol. (Knox #2 by FLO and #4 by Matscouts)

Maybe Christian Fretwell from Florida #96 on Matscouts as a depth guy. Anthony and AJ have spent time living/training with him. I see M* follows him.

Perhaps Carter Pearson from SE Polk as another guy? #98 on Matscouts and #32 by FLO. Had himself a good couple of days at Cadet duals, certainly improved his stock.

Do you look for a future 141? How long can Block make 141? Maybe you have lightweights covered with Cortez bros and any potential 2026 lightweights we could be targeting *cough* Bassett *cough*, and one of them can eventually go 141? Just food for thought.

Anybody have any other thoughts? Heard anything else about guys interested in us, or vice versa? Some "diamonds in the rough" - not yet recognized as major recruits?

Last edited:

I know the Cortez brothers out of Cali (Isaiah and Elijah) have both visited on their own dime, same as LaDarian Lockett from Stillwater. Lockett will probably be between us and Okie State. I notice the hawk guys going after Lockett hard on social media.

Elijah Cortez #58 by FLO, #17 by Matscouts (I would assume discrepancy is because FLO didn't update big board after the Open, but Willie did)

I was thinking Correa for a future 197 would be a possible option. However, I noticed his Mom posting on a facebook wrestling group about him possibly wrestling heavyweight in college. Makes me think he might be a heavyweight recruit, in which case - we'd be better off targeting Ross in 2026 to replace Kueter. (Correa consensus #5 by FLO and Matscouts)

I think you kick the tires with PJ Duke. Willie seems to think Duke will be between Cornell and PSU, but why not try - he's consensus #1 p4p by FLO and Matscouts.

I don't think Anthony Knox is in the books. He was actively campaigning for Angelo to go to Rutgers on his recruitment posts and was openly disappointed that he chose Iowa. Whoever posted he walks around with Iowa stuff on was full of it lol. (Knox #2 by FLO and #4 by Matscouts)

Maybe Christian Fretwell from Florida #96 on Matscouts as a depth guy. Anthony and AJ have spent time living/training with him. I see M* follows him.

Perhaps Carter Pearson from SE Polk as another guy? #98 on Matscouts and #32 by FLO. Had himself a good couple of days at Cadet duals, certainly improved his stock.

Do you look for a future 141? How long can Block make 141? Maybe you have lightweights covered with Cortez bros and any potential 2026 lightweights we could be targeting *cough* Bassett *cough*, and one of them can eventually go 141? Just food for thought.

Anybody have any other thoughts? Heard anything else about guys interested in us, or vice versa? Some "diamonds in the rough" - not yet recognized as major recruits?
Solid list . Deluca Blair and Torres LHP gotta be on those guys as well as Cooper Hilton

Love this chatter. Maybe the Brain will chime in with his expert views. So much can change year to year with growth, and the portal. With that said I'd say this class is to replace the seniors of the 2026-2027 season, so the need weights would be 125 (Cruz), 133 (Petersen), 141 (unless Block can maintain). 165 (Riggens if he can maintain), 197 (Franklin). Again, that's hard to forecast now though.
2026-2027 (Recruiting year: 2025)
125: Joey Cruz, SR
133: Kale Petersen, JR
141: Ryder Block, JR
149: Miguel Estrada, SO
157: Anthony Ferrari, SR
165: Aiden Riggens, SR
174: Gabe Arnold, JR
184: Angelo Ferrari, JR
197: Kolby Franklin, SR
HWT: Ben Keuter, JR

Love this chatter. Maybe the Brain will chime in with his expert views. So much can change year to year with growth, and the portal. With that said I'd say this class is to replace the seniors of the 2026-2027 season, so the need weights would be 125 (Cruz), 133 (Petersen), 141 (unless Block can maintain). 165 (Riggens if he can maintain), 197 (Franklin). Again, that's hard to forecast now though.
Block could be a number of weights. A kid like him is so hard to judge he has the height for 174 if he fills out in the weight room. Or he could not get that big and be a 149

Anybody and everybody Lax. All of them. We need a good haul from this class. Every name you mentioned and more. No stone unturned approach.

Good list. Starting a Gilroy pipeline would pay huge dividends for the Hawks. They have a ton of talent on that squad. Dee Lockett is seemingly close buddies with Angelo Ferrari so perhaps Angelo can help close the deal? Lockett would be a great get for the Hawkeyes. He is super slick and dynamic.

Good list. Starting a Gilroy pipeline would pay huge dividends for the Hawks. They have a ton of talent on that squad. Dee Lockett is seemingly close buddies with Angelo Ferrari so perhaps Angelo can help close the deal? Lockett would be a great get for the Hawkeyes. He is super slick and dynamic.
Lol lol not a chance

Lol lol not a chance
Great Ape Zoo GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Trapper85
Could be some mutual interest with Marcus Blaze as well..

I know Willie mentioned on his 2025 big board show that he was thinking Blaze to Ohio St. since he works out there a bunch.

But, Ohio St. might be a little full at the lightweight inn. Davino (#3 '24), Kilkeary (#34 '23), Bouzakis (#4 '22), Mendez (#3 '22), all holding down the first 3 weights through at least 2027. Maybe them being more full down low gives us an in to steal him from Ohio States backyard.

Reactions: el dub

Although recruiting rising juniors starts today, I don‘t believe coaches can sit on front door step before August 1.

Could be some mutual interest with Marcus Blaze as well..

I know Willie mentioned on his 2025 big board show that he was thinking Blaze to Ohio St. since he works out there a bunch.

But, Ohio St. might be a little full at the lightweight inn. Davino (#3 '24), Kilkeary (#34 '23), Bouzakis (#4 '22), Mendez (#3 '22), all holding down the first 3 weights through at least 2027. Maybe them being more full down low gives us an in to steal him from Ohio States backyard.
What about Zepeda from Gilroy?

Anthony Knox should be on the call list today. Pretty sure someone on this board said he knows the family and that Knox is a big Hawk fan.

Reactions: KYHWKY
Anybody and everybody Lax. All of them. We need a good haul from this class. Every name you mentioned and more. No stone unturned approach.
This.

Considering 2024 is a wasteland in terms of blue chippers, this is a year we need to have a haul. PSU isn't going to to take a large class - so we need 4 or 5 blue chippers. Please dear god don't turn this into a "if they want to be Hawks, blah, blah bullsh*t)

1. Duke - I've heard he's an NC State lock actually

2. Lockett - Okiest lock - Chris Perry is darn near his personal coach

3/4. Blaze/Knox - go get them both and figure out the weight after.

5. Castillo - likely an ASU guy, but a lifer 125.

11. Henckel - Just beat Sealey. GO GET THIS MANS

14. Claudio Torres - former Izzy kid. He'll fit in well and is a better folkstyler.

15/16/17. Deluca/Cortez/Cortez - Won't need them if we've got Blaze and Knox. But best we recruit them all

29. De'Alcapone Veazy - Needed athleticism and will likely be a 197.

This.

Considering 2024 is a wasteland in terms of blue chippers, this is a year we need to have a haul. PSU isn't going to to take a large class - so we need 4 or 5 blue chippers. Please dear god don't turn this into a "if they want to be Hawks, blah, blah bullsh*t)

1. Duke - I've heard he's an NC State lock actually

2. Lockett - Okiest lock - Chris Perry is darn near his personal coach

3/4. Blaze/Knox - go get them both and figure out the weight after.

5. Castillo - likely an ASU guy, but a lifer 125.

11. Henckel - Just beat Sealey. GO GET THIS MANS

14. Claudio Torres - former Izzy kid. He'll fit in well and is a better folkstyler.

15/16/17. Deluca/Cortez/Cortez - Won't need them if we've got Blaze and Knox. But best we recruit them all

29. De'Alcapone Veazy - Needed athleticism and will likely be a 197.
Right on. We should focus most recruiting effort on blue chippers and take the, “if they want to be Hawks approach,” with the mid/lower tiered recruits, imo.

I was hoping when PSU signed mesinbrink that this might become a thing again.
He would be part of a middle weight log jam. If he would have committed to us like many of us thought, we probably wouldn’t have gone after Ferrari, unless we thought we needed to in order to get Angelo. We really need to be targeting a blue chip 197, unless the coaches think AJ Ferrari is a real possibility, which would buy us a few years.

I agree on a 97, If Aj wrestles again, I’m think he goes Heavyweight.

I agree on a 97, If Aj wrestles again, I’m think he goes Heavyweight.
He's disciplined enough to still make 197 if he wanted to. He's said he could make both 185 or 205 for MMA - though acknowledged that 185 would be a tough cut.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT