ADVERTISEMENT

Question for Significant Others...

JustSayOV

HB All-State
Dec 14, 2016
I will spare you all the details of how this particular interaction came to be, but it came to the attention of the No-Pic wife that when I shower, while using a bar of soap, I physically use the bar of soap against/in my hand as the actual scrubbing device if you will against the skin of my arms, legs, etc, whereas she was appalled by this and stated that she merely creates the lather from bar soap in her hands, puts the bar of soap back down and then just lathers up without the actual bar of soap (then re-lathers hands as necessary)

***I should also note that I don't use the actual bar directly on the famunda areas and such....for those particular areas I use the hand lather method as no one needs my taint pubes on the bar of soap***

So what say you HBOT? Who is the psychopath here?

***A couple of my points of defense were the shape of some bars of soap (think like Irish Spring that has a curve to them) or some fancy bar soaps that have molded bumps on one side support the idea of using the bar soap directly on the skin I argued.

Happy Lather GIF by DrSquatchSoapCo

Last edited:
When I was a kid, I used a washcloth and/or scrubbing device, but I noticed that everyone in soap commercials put the bar of soap directly on their body. I switched then and never went back.

I will spare you all the details of how this particular interaction came to be, but it came to the attention of the No-Pic wife that when I shower, while using a bar of soap, I physically use the bar of soap against/in my hand as the actual scrubbing device if you will against the skin of my arms, legs, etc, whereas she was appalled by this and stated that she merely creates the lather from bar soap in her hands, puts the bar of soap back down and then just lathers up without the actual bar of soap (then re-lathers hands as necessary)

***I should also note that I don't use the actual bar directly on the famunda areas and such....for those particular areas I use the hand lather method as no one needs my taint pubes on the bar of soap***

So what say you HBOT? Who is the psychopath year?

***A couple of my points of defense were the shape of some bars of soap (think like Irish Spring that has a curve to them) or some fancy bar soaps that have molded bumps on one side support the idea of using the bar soap directly on the skin I argued.

Happy Lather GIF by DrSquatchSoapCo
We only use shower gel. If there is a bar of soap it is directly going against the body part being cleaned. As far as I'm concerned, soap is self cleaning.

Usually use shower gel, but if I use a bar I'll mix and match. It never creates a great later on hotel wash clothes so I end up doing most of it directly on skin.

Reactions: JustSayOV
I Do Mee GIF by jecamartinez

I am not an overly hairy individual naturally.....plus I am bald (shaved head because of hereditary baldness) so back when I had hair, I would use the body wash/shampoo combo or whatever and get it all lathered up in the hair on my head and go from there.....but alas these days I have no hair up there.
As George Carlin once said, "Is there hair on a pear? Au contraire, mon frere."

I honestly don't think it was a "hair on the soap" issue.....more so just the fact of it physcially touching all my manly stinkiness and filth directly and then her using it....

But as pointed out above, I would argue that the soap is "self-cleaning" anyways.
Mrs. NoPics Ed used to complain about this as well, but the crisis was solved by her using Dove soap while I took up Irish Spring. Separate soap bars rules.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT