ADVERTISEMENT

Quick Post Game Thoughts

claybornsbeard

Scout Team
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2010
Just a few thoughts right after the game. Feel free to add your own or tear apart mine.

1) Thought our offense ran very well. Solid ball movement, able to attack the rim, Toussaint primarily. Got Garza involved throughout. Not too much to dislike in our Xs and Os.
2) Bohannon and Fredrick struggled shooting the ball. Fredrick at least gives us good defensive minutes but seemed to be frustrated with the early fouls and struggled to find any rhythm.
3) Guards have to do a better job on the glass. Ayayi getting 18 boards was a killer.
4) Nice to continue to see Wieskamp continue to develop his aggression.
5) Free throw shooting on our end and them being lights out throughout the game from 3 were killers.
6) Defensively, I think we just have to anticipate that we are going to be slow moving our feet, and rotating, and that is not going to change. What was nice to see was the active hands and getting numerous tipped passes to force turnovers.
7) Biggest positives were Garza, Weiskamp, and Toussaint, with some solid performances at times from Murray and Nunge.

May be in a minority hear, but I do not see too much difference in ability between these two teams. Gonzaga's hot shooting and our lack there of may not be the norm when we look back at this game later in the year. Very anxious to now see how this team responds in the next two games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.