ADVERTISEMENT

Quintez Cephus Felony Charges... Davis Involved, Cornerback leaves team.

Not that this is an excuse, but the the last two calendar years ain't been kind to him. I believe his father got shot and killed last year and then he got injured and out for the season.

I admit...it was strange seeing this on the crawler a few minutes ago. Maybe I have a poor memory but I don't recall seeing many UW football players in trouble with the law.

Over the years there have been some the Last one I recall is the Montee Ball..I think he got in a fight, I don't remember the details. There have been the odd drunk goof ups like every other school, It has actually gotten better over the years. No details out on Cephus as of now. Too bad. I think everyone has been pulling for him since his dad was killed. It was his choice to take a hiatus. We wait and see.

Over the years there have been some the Last one I recall is the Montee Ball..I think he got in a fight, I don't remember the details. There have been the odd drunk goof ups like every other school, It has actually gotten better over the years. No details out on Cephus as of now. Too bad. I think everyone has been pulling for him since his dad was killed. It was his choice to take a hiatus. We wait and see.

I remember Brent Moss getting arrested for drugs before the Rose Bowl 20+ years ago. Alvarez cut him loose immediately.

Not that this is an excuse, but the the last two calendar years ain't been kind to him. I believe his father got shot and killed last year and then he got injured and out for the season.

I admit...it was strange seeing this on the crawler a few minutes ago. Maybe I have a poor memory but I don't recall seeing many UW football players in trouble with the law.

I know it's been a few years but who can forget Barry's son's legal issues!

Losing Cephus is like losing Cichy last year.
It's a position where we actually have quality and depth.
Next man up.

Cephus loss hurts but Davis and Taylor are both pretty good though. It is a blow to depth though because now they probably can't afford to have anyone else go down.

Yep starter...I'd say the loss of veteran depth will effect them, but we've seen how losing players doesn't seem to make a difference with them anymore.

So you're saying Barry isn't a big fan of using something that happens at all schools (starters going down) as an excuse to under-perform? Refreshing.

This Cephus thing is pretty fluid it seems. It doesn't sound good for him. Danny Davis name has been implicated but at what level I don't know. All I can say is let the justice system do it's job. Chryst won't tolerate this crap. Most fans will not look for excuses and side with the victims, as they should.

This Cephus thing is pretty fluid it seems. It doesn't sound good for him. Danny Davis name has been implicated but at what level I don't know. All I can say is let the justice system do it's job. Chryst won't tolerate this crap. Most fans will not look for excuses and side with the victims, as they should.
Wow. Hope Danny gets caught up in this as well if he did something deplorable. Cephus coming out with a press release before charges and then a suspension from W football and Felony charges make it very serious indeed.

With all due respect to the badgers I think this one might sting... losing a huge weapon on the outside is much more worse than losing a linebacker imho .. maybe you will plug and play as you sure have over the seasons and have shown on the defensive side of the ball but I beg to differ losing a top notch wideout isn’t going to effect your passing game ..

Next man up.[/QUOTE

Miami, Vanderbilt, and Georgia Tech all offered. He was committed to Furman to play basketball before he flipped

Interesting. Rivals didn’t show those offers. I wasn’t disparaging his talent based on his lack of offers, more impressed by schools that find diamonds in the rough, though it sounds like he was a more well-known commodity than I thought.

Danny Davis would be a huge loss IMHO. This sounds a lot like IOWA’s scandal in 2007 or a mini version of the Gophers scandal. The difference is in the case of the Gophers is that no charges were filed. In this case, there is digital fingerprints and charges have been filed.

Davis looked like the most talented receiver on the field when they played Miami. Crazy good for a frosh.

Next man up.
giphy.gif

I hate to see this shit happen as I am obviously not a Badger fan I will root for them when they’re not playing Iowa .. I guess you can say the Badgers are my 2nd favorite team .. but back to the story I hope these 2 gentlemen aren’t charged with Bullshit .. and whomever is bringing these charges (females ) I assume are being truthful on what supposedly happened .. as lot of psycho
Women will do anything to make a big buck $ and lie to the officers involved and then go on to commit perjury... now I am not by any means saying it’s not the truth but for Gods sake some of this gets well out of hand and it sucks to see this. Especially with Cephus.. his dad was killed or SHIT himself last year or the year before? Not sure on the actual details but my heart goes out to him and his family

I think Wisconsin carries a proud tradition and they’re much like Iowa and keep a tighty ship.. with Alvarez at the helm you have to and Paul Chryst is a standup gentlemen and a hell of a coach to boot.. I hope nothing seriously bad happens to him and Danny Davis and if they’re true to their words I hope justice can get it correct no matter what way this goes.. I hope and pray that these kids are innocent of all alleged charges being in front of Cephus at least

I hate to see this shit happen as I am obviously not a Badger fan I will root for them when they’re not playing Iowa .. I guess you can say the Badgers are my 2nd favorite team .. but back to the story I hope these 2 gentlemen aren’t charged with Bullshit .. and whomever is bringing these charges (females ) I assume are being truthful on what supposedly happened .. as lot of psycho
Women will do anything to make a big buck $ and lie to the officers involved and then go on to commit perjury... now I am not by any means saying it’s not the truth but for Gods sake some of this gets well out of hand and it sucks to see this. Especially with Cephus.. his dad was killed or SHIT himself last year or the year before? Not sure on the actual details but my heart goes out to him and his family

I think Wisconsin carries a proud tradition and they’re much like Iowa and keep a tighty ship.. with Alvarez at the helm you have to and Paul Chryst is a standup gentlemen and a hell of a coach to boot.. I hope nothing seriously bad happens to him and Danny Davis and if they’re true to their words I hope justice can get it correct no matter what way this goes.. I hope and pray that these kids are innocent of all alleged charges being in front of Cephus at least

Wisconsin might be the best job in the country. King Barry could have hired Darrell Hazell or Kevin Wilson, held their hands, and the Badgers would still win ten games each year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT