ADVERTISEMENT

Quiz - be honest without looking it up

Tenacious E

HB Legend
Dec 4, 2001
Do you know the definition of the word ombre? It came up in the word game Waffle today. I have read a f$ck of a lot over my 49 years, and I’ve never come across it before.

I thought it was Spanish for pal or buddy.
Vince Vaughn GIF

The noun or the adjective?

I know both, but want to know which one you need the definition to.

I think it's a gradual fading of color from one to another. The only context I know it in is from some HGTV home improvement show. Lady did a bathroom wall that faded from blue to white and called it an "ombre wall." Am I right?

My dentist has little tvs above all the patient chairs. I actually enjoy my little bit of HGTV every 6 months.
Boo this man

In color it is like a gradient of one color lightening to another. I only know this because of the uniform builder in some EA Sports video game from back in the day, maybe NCAA Football or Madden. Plus my daughter‘s softball uniform has an ombre color scheme on the jersey.(she’s 8 so no pics you pervs)

Reactions: millah_22
In color it is like a gradient of one color lightening to another. I only know this because of the uniform builder in some EA Sports video game from back in the day, maybe NCAA Football or Madden. Plus my daughter‘s softball uniform has an ombre color scheme on the jersey.(she’s 8 so no pics you pervs)

You could post a pic of the softball uni laying on a blanket or something without your daughter wearing it....

Probably related to the word “umber”, which comes from Latin meaning “shadow” or “obscured”.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT