ADVERTISEMENT

Rachel Maddow defends MSNBC's refusal to air Trump's Iowa victory speech: ‘Not out of spite’

NorthernHawkeye

HR Legend
Dec 23, 2007
Rachel Maddow explains MSNBC's refusal to air Trump's victory speech in Iowa

Rachel Maddow defends MSNBC's refusal to air Trump's Iowa victory speech: ‘Not out of spite’

It's funny when someone who has made millions lying on her own show says, "We are not showing him because there is a cost for us showing untrue things." Oh wait...I guess she would know that, as she's had to pay that cost quite a few times.

So funny to think back on her almost in tears when she interviewed Jon Stewart and he broke it to her that MSNBC and FOX were the exact same thing. And here she is proving it.

It's funny when someone who has made millions lying on her own show says, "We are not showing him because there is a cost for us showing untrue things." Oh wait...I guess she would know that, as she's had to pay that cost quite a few times.

So funny to think back on her almost in tears when she interviewed Jon Stewart and he broke it to her that MSNBC and FOX were the exact same thing. And here she is proving it.

What has she paid? Unsurprisingly this board tends to remember the Fox News settlement payments, but I didn't realize Maddow had quite a few of them as well.

What has she paid? Unsurprisingly this board tends to remember the Fox News settlement payments, but I didn't realize Maddow had quite a few of them as well.
She's paid the price in credibility. She went from someone people used to take seriously, to a complete joke. "Cost" isn't always monetary.

She's paid the price in credibility. She went from someone people used to take seriously, to a complete joke. "Cost" isn't always monetary.

Whew! Thought you were going to have to bring out receipts!

3bf5c17f-3787-4b21-a15d-aa95f3510a2c_text.gif

Whew! Thought you were going to have to bring out receipts!

3bf5c17f-3787-4b21-a15d-aa95f3510a2c_text.gif
I don't get it. Did you think that I thought she had to pay money for something other than just paying with her reputation? I've watched her rise and fall in real time. The fall beginning when she said Congressman Stockman knew about the OKC bombings before they happened, resulting in years of death threats to him, 15 years after the bombing took place.

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris

JFC. THIS IS A FALSE EQUIVALENCY. You literally think Maddow and Ingraham/Jessie/Hannity are the same.

Please let me know what cost she had to pay "quite a few times", because a quick google search says she has won defamation suits and OAN had to pay her a quarter of a million dollars in legal fees because they were full of shit. Nunes didn't win against her either. You continue to do EXACTLY what I call you out for. Now you're making shit up. Rachel Maddow hasn't damaged the USA. Fox News night time hosts most definitely have. Yesterday's vote in Iowa reiterates that.

Just stop.

I don't get it. Did you think that I thought she had to pay money for something other than just paying with her reputation? I've watched her rise and fall in real time. The fall beginning when she said Congressman Stockman knew about the OKC bombings before they happened, resulting in years of death threats to him, 15 years after the bombing took place.

Dude. Your brain is wired so strange I have no idea what you think.

This guy??

LOL. I think you're making years of death threats due to Rachel up, too. She did retract her statement on air, later, and it was considered an error not a knowing misstatement.

I never liked that Maddow guy.

This guy??

LOL. I think you're making years of death threats due to Rachel up, too. She did retract her statement on air, later, and it was considered an error not a knowing misstatement.
This guy. And now you're lying. She retracted it after everyone called her on her irresponsible bullshit. She had no choice, it was so egregious. Makes total sense that you would defend that shit though.

This guy. And now you're lying. She retracted it after everyone called her on her irresponsible bullshit. She had no choice, it was so egregious. Makes total sense that you would defend that shit though.

Lying? I said she retracted it later. That's what she did. Let me know when NBC lawyers argue in court that any reasonable person knows Rachel or whomever on there are just entertainers. Like Fox's had to do. Let me know when NBC settles for 787 million because their hosts are lying. Until then, you made a false equivalency. Like you always do. It's your thing and you don't even know you're doing it. You screaming they're the same thing doesn't make you right.

I barely see Rachel on there anyway...the people I listen to most are the hosts/guests who are NORMAL Republicans. They're calling out Fox and MAGA BS. Learn. I'll give you Joy Reid, though, I like her less and less all the time.

They've used that excuse before. If news networks who spend 95% of the time covering politics truly believes they couldn't air lies...they'd go out of business.

JFC. THIS IS A FALSE EQUIVALENCY. You literally think Maddow and Ingraham/Jessie/Hannity are the same.

Please let me know what cost she had to pay "quite a few times", because a quick google search says she has won defamation suits and OAN had to pay her a quarter of a million dollars in legal fees because they were full of shit. Nunes didn't win against her either. You continue to do EXACTLY what I call you out for. Now you're making shit up. Rachel Maddow hasn't damaged the USA. Fox News night time hosts most definitely have. Yesterday's vote in Iowa reiterates that.

Just stop.

Faith based political party.

Reactions: McLovin32
Lying? I said she retracted it later. That's what she did. Let me know when NBC lawyers argue in court that any reasonable person knows Rachel or whomever on there are just entertainers. Like Fox's had to do. Let me know when NBC settles for 787 million because their hosts are lying. Until then, you made a false equivalency. Like you always do. It's your thing and you don't even know you're doing it. You screaming they're the same thing doesn't make you right.

I barely see Rachel on there anyway...the people I listen to most are the hosts/guests who are NORMAL Republicans. They're calling out Fox and MAGA BS. Learn. I'll give you Joy Reid, though, I like her less and less all the time.
Dude. Every network showed the winning GOP candidate speak, knowing who he was and what he would say. But you believe MSNBC and Maddow didn't show him because they were worried that he might say something untrue and then they'd be held accountable for it? Really? You believe that? Good grief. The best irony of it is that they're lying about not wanting to show lies on air. You can't make that shit up.

MSNBC is pretty much communist state ran media. They are no longer a news outlet if you won’t even cover the Republican nominee for president. More election suppression from the Democrats.

What do you think of FOX?

They've used that excuse before. If news networks who spend 95% of the time covering politics truly believes they couldn't air lies...they'd go out of business.
This. It's so goddamned stupid...and...and...and...dishonest.

Just stop.
She's very well respected and does a great job actually but the delusional cult will never care.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
I think it's funny/sick/sad the left and MSNBC claim it was Trump that tried to steal an election, while the left tries try to keep him off the ballot, indict him for everything he has said or done and now refuses to air his speeches. I guess the dems/Marxists have a different definition of democracy.

Wait...does anyone even watch Maddow? Who cares if she/they covered Trumps speech? LOL!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT