ADVERTISEMENT

Radicalized by the right wing opinion media

IaHawk44

HR MVP
Feb 20, 2006

Middle Tennessee man arrested, accused of threatening border agents, migrants​

Nashville Tennessean

A Middle Tennesse man is facing a federal firearms charge after he "illegally transferred" an unregistered silencer to an undercover employee and threatened acts of violence against border patrol and migrants, according to federal authorities.

Paul Faye Sr., 55, of Cunningham, was taken into custody earlier this week on a charge of possession of an unregistered silencer.

According to a criminal complaint filed in federal court, the FBI became aware of Faye while investigating a separate case involving Missouri man Bryan Perry.

"Based upon a review of Perry's cell phone seized during that investigation, Perry had extensive contact with Faye leading up to Perry's arrest in Missouri," the complaint said. "Specifically, Faye expressed a desire to travel with Perry and another individual to the U.S./Mexico border and commit acts of violence."

In March 2023, an undercover employee began messaging with Faye on TikTok, the popular video social media platform, before he offered his cell phone number. Weeks later, the undercover employee and two others met Faye in person.

"During the meeting, Faye inquired if the [undercover employees] were federal law enforcement," the complaint said. "After confirming that [undercover employees] were not law enforcement, Faye discussed his belief that the government was training to take on its citizens, and more specifically, that the federal government was allowing illegal immigrants to enter the United States to help the government."
The undercover employees saw a photograph on Faye's phone that showed a 6.5 Creedmoor rifle with what appeared to be a suppressor on the end, which was not on his National Firearm Registration and Transfer Record.

In later conversations, Faye stressed the importance of training before making the trip to the border and discussed how much gear they'd need. Faye said he'd have some extra weapons, and they could pick up any that "may be laying around," the complaint said.

"This statement, based on my training and experience, indicated that Faye believed there would be deceased individuals from whom the [undercover employee] could recover equipment," the complaint said.

Faye also implied has was gathering explosives for the trip, the complaint said.

In a November conversation, Faye told the undercover employee that he'd met with a North Carolina man who had been to the border and planned to return on Jan. 20 with members of a militia group, the complaint said.

"'Are we gonna go to work? Are we going down there to put eyes on or are we going down there to do work,'" the employee asked Faye, according to the complaint.

"'No no, we're gonna work, we're gonna work,'" Faye responded, indicating that he was "planning to conduct acts of violence," the complaint said.

In an early January conversation, the undercover employee asked if Faye had a suppressor for an AK47. Faye said he could provide him one that did not have a "tax stamp," marking it unregistered, the complaint said.

During a visit to Faye's home, the employee was shown into the "war room," which held several firearms, large amounts of ammunition, radios and a bullet proof vest. During this visit, Faye sold the suppressor to the employee for $100, according to the complaint.

After taking Faye into custody, federal agents found firearms, another firearm silencer, a militia patch, multiple jars of Tannerite, a brand of explosive targets that can be converted into improvised explosive devices, and hundreds of rounds of ammunition, according to a statement from the U.S. Attorney's Office.

This is pretty much everyone I know, other than the blowing up stuff part. I don’t need to watch Fox to know what they are spewing because all my friends and family repeat whatever is fed to them by the right wing media.

I’ve been meaning to start a thread “Visiting the Republicans” but the content wouldn’t be any different than what Ryan’s fleet of accounts and the other usual suspects say on here.

Reactions: cigaretteman
This is pretty much everyone I know, other than the blowing up stuff part. I don’t need to watch Fox to know what they are spewing because all my friends and family repeat whatever is fed to them by the right wing media.

I’ve been meaning to start a thread “Visiting the Republicans” but the content wouldn’t be any different than what Ryan’s fleet of accounts and the other usual suspects say on here.
I was shocked to find out that my brother watches Newsmax. I knew he was conservative, but has/had an environmentalist bent. Now he every once in a while brings up some bullshit he saw on there. And I was appalled that he never got the COVID vaccines!

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: TC Nole OX
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT